All costs of child rearing should be borne by men.

Men should have to pay a tax for being men.
Whites should have to pay a tax for being white.
White men should pay a tax for being white men.
Republicans should just turn over their entire paychecks to Democrats because they are all rich, stoopid, and racist.

At one time, inheritance was strictly to the male heirs. Some women ended up owning some of the wealth of course but wealth was basically in the hands of men.

Men decided just how much wealth was to go to their sons. Consideration of women was secondary.

Consider.

Women, when stressed by financial considerations do not produce the best children. The more stress a woman has when pregnant and after while rearing the child, the less of a child and adult she will have produced. This is not good for society.

To improve society as a whole, now that half of the children grow up in poverty and lack of opportunity, I think men must step up and take more of the burden. Parental love demands that we change our ways.

Women are clearly failing to do what is required, in terms of family and quality of offspring, --- thanks to the poor quality of men and how we are financing birth, --- and I think that men of better quality must step up and shift the financial burden away from women. This would produce unstressed births and better human beings. I see it as a man’s social duty.

It would also be a rite of passage for young men who are producing all of the bastard children that we see everywhere and who are stuck in a financial doldrums that is holding us all back as a wealthy society.

Women presently hold most of the financial burden for child rearing and this is detrimental to all of society. Should we as a society do the right thing and un-stress the births in our country and thus produce better people?

We keep talking about women’s reproductive rights. I think we should be talking about men’s duty in terms of reproductive rights and responsibility. Our children deserve this.

We men have shirked their duty to society by allowing the production of less than the best possible births. We are shirking our duty to our children if we do not bear the financial burden of the best possible births/rearing. I think that if things are to improve, men will have to do the right thing and foot the bills.

Regards

DL

Didn't read all of your sexist post but the way I see it, two people equally made the child, two people equally decided to make the child, the two people are equally responsible for the child.

At one time I might have felt that way. but seeing how the Woman has all the say in whether they kill it or carry it. I think she should pay for it all and take nothing from the father. That might make them stop and think before they go out and make a baby they don't want or can take care of

Steph.----you know very little about real life----HOWEVER---I wrote "tongue in cheek" Of course it is a joint responsibility------in today's world IT IS the woman
who can EASILY be abandoned to shoulder the whole responsibility----that's the world
today. Sometimes -----the exploitative character IS the woman but as far as I have
seen------the woman is more likely the victim. I am "generally" ---sorta anti-abortion.
-----BUT based on what I have seen---------I support CHOICE for the female. The man made his choice-----"that evening...."

My dear, I've lived more life in my 61 years then half the people on here. I say what I feel because of living through it all. but you can believe what you want

thanks for your opinion, Steph-----I am older than are you. I have have lived thru quite a bit---MYSELF-----but also witnessed----CLOSE UP-----FAR more than MOST people in the---------USA. ----------far more. -------Ask me anything you like
about the NEGATIVE effects of and reasons for abortion -----all around the world ----
including that which I experienced in childhood----LONG LONG ago. I have an
interesting vignette. My mom attempted to abort me. The pills did not work and
the back alley abortionist refused. A fate would have it, I survived ALL FOR YOU.

Men should have to pay a tax for being men.
Whites should have to pay a tax for being white.
White men should pay a tax for being white men.
Republicans should just turn over their entire paychecks to Democrats because they are all rich, stoopid, and racist.

left handed people should be excused from income tax and have PREFERENCE---in
all dining facilities----for the left corners of the table. Short persons should be SUBSIDIZED in compensation for TOP SHELVES in the grocery stores. Persons
with very white skin-------should be offered parasols thruout the city------a ready
supply at each firehydrant

At one time I might have felt that way. but seeing how the Woman has all the say in whether they kill it or carry it. I think she should pay for it all and take nothing from the father. That might make them stop and think before they go out and make a baby they don't want or can take care of

They make babies all by themselves. Who knew.

Regards
DL

At one time, inheritance was strictly to the male heirs. Some women ended up owning some of the wealth of course but wealth was basically in the hands of men.

Men decided just how much wealth was to go to their sons. Consideration of women was secondary.

Consider.

Women, when stressed by financial considerations do not produce the best children. The more stress a woman has when pregnant and after while rearing the child, the less of a child and adult she will have produced. This is not good for society.

To improve society as a whole, now that half of the children grow up in poverty and lack of opportunity, I think men must step up and take more of the burden. Parental love demands that we change our ways.

Women are clearly failing to do what is required, in terms of family and quality of offspring, --- thanks to the poor quality of men and how we are financing birth, --- and I think that men of better quality must step up and shift the financial burden away from women. This would produce unstressed births and better human beings. I see it as a man’s social duty.

It would also be a rite of passage for young men who are producing all of the bastard children that we see everywhere and who are stuck in a financial doldrums that is holding us all back as a wealthy society.

Women presently hold most of the financial burden for child rearing and this is detrimental to all of society. Should we as a society do the right thing and un-stress the births in our country and thus produce better people?

We keep talking about women’s reproductive rights. I think we should be talking about men’s duty in terms of reproductive rights and responsibility. Our children deserve this.

We men have shirked their duty to society by allowing the production of less than the best possible births. We are shirking our duty to our children if we do not bear the financial burden of the best possible births/rearing. I think that if things are to improve, men will have to do the right thing and foot the bills.

Regards

DL

Didn't read all of your sexist post but the way I see it, two people equally made the child, two people equally decided to make the child, the two people are equally responsible for the child.

" two people equally made the child,"

Nobody can be so stupid as to think a man's few minutes of pleasure are equal to a women 9 month of hard work.

I am not particularly sexist and call myself a feminist but you are totally deluded.

You are correct that the end responsibility should be to both parties so tell us what you th8ink we should do to stop all the deadbeat dads from leaving the women holding the bag, baby bag that is.

Regards
DL

Consider.

Regards

DL

Nobody can be so stupid as to think a man's few minutes of pleasure are equal to a women 9 month of hard work.

I am not particularly sexist and call myself a feminist but you are totally deluded.

You are correct that the end responsibility should be to both parties so tell us what you th8ink we should do to stop all the deadbeat dads from leaving the women holding the bag, baby bag that is.

Regards
DL
If the guy is willing to pay for the abortion he shouldn't be stuck paying 18 years of child support.
If the guy is willing to pay for the abortion and the women chooses to keep the child it should no longer be the mans responsibility.

Consider.

Regards

DL

Regards
DL
If the guy is willing to pay for the abortion he shouldn't be stuck paying 18 years of child support.
If the guy is willing to pay for the abortion and the women chooses to keep the child it should no longer be the mans responsibility.

I consider your solution to be barbaric

Consider.

Regards

DL

there are ALL KINDS OF SCENARIOS----that render a girl or woman pregnant----
and ALL KINDS OF SCENARIOS that develope AFTER the event of conception.
You guys seem to be utterly lacking in ------WORLDLY EXPERIENCE. --------
sheeeeesh

Consider.

Regards

DL

Regards
DL

If they come to this solution before they have sex, that works for me.

But paying a few hundred bucks does not remove his responsibility as the co-creator of that child.

Don't want to pay child support? Don't make a baby.

Consider.

Regards

DL

Regards
DL

But paying a few hundred bucks does not remove his responsibility as the co-creator of that child.

It's not fair that the mother can decide to abort, after they've had sex and the guy doesn't get the same option. All things equal if the woman can choose to abort and walk away from the situation so should a man be able to too.

Consider.

Regards

DL

Regards
DL

It's not fair that the mother can decide to abort, after they've had sex and the guy doesn't get the same option. All things equal if the woman can choose to abort and walk away from the situation so should a man be able to too.

The point of the freedom to choose to abort or to give birth is because it is her body. That is the crux of the matter.

It is equal because both get to decide what happens to their own body. It is not fair that the man has no say in whether to abort or not. But then, life ain't fair.

Wear a condom. Get yourself fixed. Only sleep with women who agree to an abortion. But paying a few hundred dollars does not alleviate your responsibility for the life you helped create.

Regards
DL

The point of the freedom to choose to abort or to give birth is because it is her body. That is the crux of the matter.

It is equal because both get to decide what happens to their own body. It is not fair that the man has no say in whether to abort or not. But then, life ain't fair.

Wear a condom. Get yourself fixed. Only sleep with women who agree to an abortion. But paying a few hundred dollars does not alleviate your responsibility for the life you helped create.
So it's ok for her to kill her child for whatever reason. But the guy is stuck with whatever decision she makes. That's not right. either both get to decide or neither.

Regards
DL

So it's ok for her to kill her child for whatever reason. But the guy is stuck with whatever decision she makes. That's not right. either both get to decide or neither.

i have explained quite clearly why there is a difference. It is her body. She gets to decide what happens to it.

If you don't want to pay child support, don't get a woman pregnant. Otherwise, you are just whining about being forced to take responsibility for your child.

Consider.

Regards

DL
What ever happened to team work. My children grew up the same way I did, with "parents".

Consider.

Regards

DL
What ever happened to team work. My children grew up the same way I did, with "parents".

That is far and away the best way. But when you have boys making babies they won't support, it is hard to imagine them stepping up to be a Dad and a husband.

Consider.

Regards

DL

That is far and away the best way. But when you have boys making babies they won't support, it is hard to imagine them stepping up to be a Dad and a husband.
In the past having a child was the fastest way to "grow up". Society demanded it and there was no other option. Not so any more.

i have explained quite clearly why there is a difference. It is her body. She gets to decide what happens to it.

If you don't want to pay child support, don't get a woman pregnant. Otherwise, you are just whining about being forced to take responsibility for your child.
She gets to decide whether to kill it or not.

She gets to decide whether to kill it or not.

She gets to decide what happens to her own body, yes.

Consider.

Regards

DL

Regards
DL

If that is know up front then you might have a point. If not, no way.

Abortion is still considered by many to be taboo, mostly for religious reasons, but for other reasons as well.

To have a policy that allows men to run from their reproduction responsibilities because they cannot talk a girl into an abortion would not be moral or too bright. It is still their child and to have the rest of us pay for it is still wrong.

Regards
DL

Forum List

Back