All homeless people deserve to be housed

Status
Not open for further replies.
All homeless people deserve at a minimum to be housed in single wides and given a college education...One can not pull themselves up from off the street corner and it is the morally right thing to do as a country.

No one should be homeless.

Proud to be liberal as I don't think anyone should rot on the sidewalk.

Where does the $$$ come from to pay for this dog and pony show?

-Geaux

We have the money to do this even if we keep things the same. But if we reduced military spending by cutting it in half, it's easily done.

Reply for Geaux

Go over to single payer = pay about half as much in healthcare compared to today.
Cut military to 400 billion per year
Stay out of wars

Hell, yes we can afford it....I aint saying we should go invade a middle eastern country and blow 6 trillion there. jeezzz.

Stupid liberal drivel is so WRONG, and where do you even begin to fantasize with the numbers you post, MORE complete lunacy and lies by the leftist communist. This is the same stupid moronic shit your wanna be dictator that just left office and the shitbitch you ran last wanted, it was rejected.

Your kind took us to the brink of a depression and record deficits.
You do realize that the thinking that everyone should own a home got us into the 2007 mess? Looks like you want to take us back to it.

In my world I held a stockbrokers license and knew those derivatives and credit default swaps were junk.

How about you?

In my world I knew what an ARM was. How about you? Do you know what an ARM is and how that impacted things Or in your world an arm is part of your upper body.

These things came about as result of conservative policy.

So sorry, you lost your stockbroker's license. Who said credit default swaps were not terrible?

Your pathetic effort to look supercilious about Adjustable Rate Mortgages is just childish. Grow up.

I did not lose my stockbrokers License. I know what I am talking about when I tall about how harmful ARMS were.

You might want to grow up. I'm grown.

What?

You said you once had a stock broker license

So you lost it

No?

In my world I held a stockbrokers license and knew those derivatives and credit default swaps were junk.

How about you?

In my world I knew what an ARM was. How about you? Do you know what an ARM is and how that impacted things Or in your world an arm is part of your upper body.

So sorry, you lost your stockbroker's license. Who said credit default swaps were not terrible?

Your pathetic effort to look supercilious about Adjustable Rate Mortgages is just childish. Grow up.

I did not lose my stockbrokers License. I know what I am talking about when I tall about how harmful ARMS were.

A real grownup know when to stop arguing with those that know what you are writing about.

Those like you blame all the ills of this nation on the Conservatives without realizing the Liberal Politician has been part of the problem too!

Also if you play a market and get caught with your panties down, well it is your own damn fault and should not expect the taxpayer to bail your sorry ass out!

Oh, and you're another sock account!

Agree

You obviously have no experience with homeless people.

They are almost never homeless for lack of a home.

I do and Matthew's right.

Matthew is a clueless idiot because most of the homeless in America have mental, drug or alcohol problems which led to their being on the streets in the first place. You naive buffoons think they're going to sober up and go to college?
Agreed on all counts...particularly Mattieboy being an idiot.

There are those down on their luck, who become homeless not due to mental, drug, or alcohol problems...but these people are likely a very small percentage of the homeless.

Happen to me and ended up in Oregon after the Military. Went into a shelter and the next day got a job and a few weeks later my own place.

Matt has never been homeless and has no clue what the life is like and furthmore I have hiked across this country working fron town to town for a few years by choice...

Given that I did live in Portland and worked on the Shoreline Project as a young man, I do know that there were programs particular to that city that still are not in many others. I also know that in Portland you can get housing when you have zero income by going to the housing authority of Portland. This also does not happen in other places. So then you just can't make the claims you make without saying that you did not get help because of the fact you could have applied to get into the project, you could have had zero income and a place to stay, and as part of the shoreline program you would have gotten connected for a job. And if you had not done that, still the fact you were given a job then you were indeed handed a chance.

Now what you did by choice doesn't apply to anyone but you, therefore to make claims about everybody because YOU chose to hike is just not right.

I've worked with homeless and formerly homeless people, and if we are going to talk about Matt in this way, then there are others here who have never been homeless either and their opinions should be considered by you to be just as silly and lacking clues who happen to be coservative.

All homeless people deserve at a minimum to be housed in single wides and given a college education...One can not pull themselves up from off the street corner and it is the morally right thing to do as a country.

They need to stop pissing on the sidewalks. Round them up...take them out of town. Dump them on the highway and tell them keep walking.

How about you?

What?

You said you once had a stock broker license

So you lost it

No?

No I did not lose it.

There are already many programs and shelters to help the homeless. However, with the help comes rules......rules that many homeless refuse to abide by.

On another note, where does public assistance end?

THe majority of homeless people are bat shit crazy and should be locked up so they are not a danger to themselves or others.

And Bruce, I blame conservatives for the current state of this nation because it was conservative policy that was directly responsible for the state of our economy today. Beyond Washington, most of our states are controlled by republicans. All this both sides crap is garbage.

There are already many programs and shelters to help the homeless. However, with the help comes rules......rules that many homeless refuse to abide by.

On another note, where does public assistance end?

Not so. We all can pull up one instance of something.

And Bruce, I blame conservatives for the current state of this nation because it was conservative policy that was directly responsible for the state of our economy today. Beyond Washington, most of our states are controlled by republicans. All this both sides crap is garbage.

You idiot the Republicans took over because Obama and the Democrats fucked up

Wrong.

All people who want to stop being homeless should have a place to go.

You obviously have no experience with homeless people.

They are almost never homeless for lack of a home.

I do and Matthew's right.

Matthew is a clueless idiot because most of the homeless in America have mental, drug or alcohol problems which led to their being on the streets in the first place. You naive buffoons think they're going to sober up and go to college?
Agreed on all counts...particularly Mattieboy being an idiot.

There are those down on their luck, who become homeless not due to mental, drug, or alcohol problems...but these people are likely a very small percentage of the homeless.

Happen to me and ended up in Oregon after the Military. Went into a shelter and the next day got a job and a few weeks later my own place.

Matt has never been homeless and has no clue what the life is like and furthmore I have hiked across this country working fron town to town for a few years by choice...

Given that I did live in Portland and worked on the Shoreline Project as a young man, I do know that there were programs particular to that city that still are not in many others. I also know that in Portland you can get housing when you have zero income by going to the housing authority of Portland. This also does not happen in other places. So then you just can't make the claims you make without saying that you did not get help because of the fact you could have applied to get into the project, you could have had zero income and a place to stay, and as part of the shoreline program you would have gotten connected for a job. And if you had not done that, still the fact you were given a job then you were indeed handed a chance.

Now what you did by choice doesn't apply to anyone but you, therefore to make claims about everybody because YOU chose to hike is just not right.

I've worked with homeless and formerly homeless people, and if we are going to talk about Matt in this way, then there are others here who have never been homeless either and their opinions should be considered by you to be just as silly and lacking clues who happen to be coservative.

Was not homless in Portland and wrote I was homeless in Oregon. I lived in Corvallis and Seaside, Oregon for many moons and know the region better than you.

Also you should donate all your money Mr. STOCK BROKER and if not then why do you hate the poor?

Because you might spend an hour with the poor or donate a pair of pants does not mean shit to me!

Finally, Homeless issues are a state and local problem and not something the federal government should be dealing with.

You want charity then go to the local church and governments and if the people of that region refuse then why ask the taxpayer in Illinois to pay for some program in Oregon when the people of Oregon refuse to pay for it?

Tax accordingly to your state population and that is not enough then do fundraising events to get the money you need, but again the federal government should never be involved when this is local and state problem.

Now want to answer for Matt again Mr. FAKEY?

Last edited:

What if they do not want college or a trailer?

What grades do they have to get?

Wrong.

From 2006 until 2010 Democrats were gaining and had control of Washington.

Also it take years of bad policies from local to state level to cause financial issues and I bet you believe all things that have gone bad in recent years were caused by just one bad Conservative move while not realizing both sides caused it.

I know how dare I blame both sides and not be a partisan whore like you!

Oh, you want free government shit and the people of your state said no, well then it is no until you can get the Trotsky you want elected!

I did not answer for matt to begin with stupid ass.

I'm saying that you use the same standard for everyone here who has never been homeless in their lives who are making comments.

I don't care how long you say you lived in Oregon. I know the well. I also know there are assistance programs there that do not exist in other states. And you benefitted from that.

How many deplorable a will stop paying rent if they can opt for free housing?

Actually you can keep the free housing because it is not worth it.

Ever been in one of those FEMA trailers from Katrina?

Those things were built like crap, so imagine a free house from the government?

How about you?

Explain how ARMs and credit default swaps are CONSERVATIVE policy. Be specific.
At IM2....

Please address my post. Please...pretty please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back