Alternative To The Electoral College

100% of 100 people involves 100 people.
1% of one million people involves 10,000 people.

But then math hasn't generally been the strong suit of radical leftists has it?
No idea what point you are trying to make and what it has to do with what I posted

If the US went to a national popular vote to elect a president then the vote of rural resident would count less than a city resident, cuz they'd be outnumbered.
One vote is one vote

That’s like saying a pound of lead weighs more than a pound of feathers

No, we don’t

Do you not understand what the electoral college is?

What would happen if the EC was abolished and we went to a popular national vote? Liberals protest than the current system devalues the vote of those living in urban areas, but changing it would devalue the vote of those living in rural areas. I see that as no better than what we have now, all you're doing is shifting things in favor of the big population areas and states. Do you not think that maybe a president and his party would enact policies that are more in their favor?

What would happen if the EC was abolished and we went to a popular national vote? Liberals protest than the current system devalues the vote of those living in urban areas, but changing it would devalue the vote of those living in rural areas. I see that as no better than what we have now, all you're doing is shifting things in favor of the big population areas and states. Do you not think that maybe a president and his party would enact policies that are more in their favor?
If there’s more conservative voters in the country than there are liberals (as you people claim), then you do realize the conservative candidate would win the popular vote

It would only involve the President and the President does not write legislation

Congress would still favor the rural voter

If California had a 5 million vote advantage for the GOP, you would be a staunch defender of the Electoral College. You and all the other Regime supporters want One Party Rule in perpetuity.

I have always supported a popular vote for President

A popular vote for President is not one party rule.
Republicans have won the popular vote in the past
Nothing says a Republican candidate can’t appeal to the masses

Yes it does. But the math deficient probably can't see that.

Explain how your example has anything to do with what I posted

Rural areas tax base does not pay for the infrastructure and services they receive

Go for it

Forum List

Back