America First. R U Sure?

Yes, Trump is trying to run the government like a CEO. But CEOs are tyrants in their companies. They are in their position because of ownership, not business acumen. They are as likely to run their companies into to ground as anything else. They layoff thousands of working people without a second thought - and it's those people that pay for the incompetence of CEOs. Did the CEOs at GM have a second though about moving factories to Mexico?

Bankruptcy is not an acceptable option for government.

BTW - America never stopped being RICH - all the money just went to the CEOs while American workers got screwed. Is that your idea of 'Making American Great'?

This is a comedy bit, right? :lol:

Did you know that in 2008, just after the economy crashed, the CEO of Goldman Sachs received a $70 million Christmas bonus? That was while his company was all but bankrupt. While American workers were being layed off by the hundreds of thousands.

Stop for a second and calculate: how many years would you have to work to earn $70 million gross?

Then you wonder why some people are not in favor of the government being run by a CEO?

You mean you've been a hypocrite for months? I agree. Yea, it only matters when we vote in 2018 and 2020. Right now I'm just armchair qb'ing. You guys know all about that.
What makes me a hypocrite?
First off, fuck you.
Second, I don't give two shits who don't like us. I don't like that trump is an embarrassment(he says some stupid shit) but I dont care who doesn't like it. Fuck everyone else. We need to focus on us. Our country is slowly going down the drain and all some people care about is "image". Hollywood have severely warped pathetic little brains. Its like everything is a popularity contest. Grow up.
Third, I was right and your ignorant bullshit doesn't change anything.

See? Last year you guys cared what Russia thought but not what the rest of the world thought. Isn't that weird?
"you guys".. again, fuck you.
Your only argument is a fallacy. Congratulations.

Do you remember the last 4 years? Get used to it. Now you are feeling how we felt when we were in charge. This is why President's gray in 8 years. Trump will be down to a faded orange in a year.
What? Are you trying to justify your ignorance? Get the fuck outta here

Color me shock but I remember quite well you love & adore Putin before Obama.

What makes me a hypocrite?
First off, fuck you.
Second, I don't give two shits who don't like us. I don't like that trump is an embarrassment(he says some stupid shit) but I dont care who doesn't like it. Fuck everyone else. We need to focus on us. Our country is slowly going down the drain and all some people care about is "image". Hollywood have severely warped pathetic little brains. Its like everything is a popularity contest. Grow up.
Third, I was right and your ignorant bullshit doesn't change anything.

See? Last year you guys cared what Russia thought but not what the rest of the world thought. Isn't that weird?

Do you remember the last 4 years? Get used to it. Now you are feeling how we felt when we were in charge. This is why President's gray in 8 years. Trump will be down to a faded orange in a year.

Color me shocked but I remember quit well you are retarded.

This is so obviously wrong. Especially when Trump didn't ban people from Saudi Arabia which is where the terrorists came from. Why didn't he ban them? Because he has business dealings with them. This is why we should have demanded he release his taxes or not win the Presidency. You guys didn't care because you aren't that bright.

First off, Trump has no connection to his company anymore, and secondly the Saudis have cracked down on their own jihadists and are fighting the trash in Yemen. We will need their money and influence to end the carnage in Syria.
First off, bullshit. Second of all, how come Pakistan isn't on the list? The San Bernadino's wife was from Pakistan. Does Trump have business there too? We won't know until he releases his taxes.

The countries left off of Trump's list, where terrorism actually comes from, have historically been American allies. Obama and Bush were friendly towards Saudi Arabia, Egypt, and the UAE as well. So it's not fair to assume Trump is being nice to them due to his businesses when it's been established American policy for decades.

When the entire world says you and Trump are wrong, maybe you are wrong. Scientists, Europe, England, Mexico, Canada. Oh boy this is starting to remind me of when Bush lied us into Iraq almost alone but said he had the backing of the "coalition of the willing".

Well England's PM is trying to stay chummy with Trump and her citizens are not having it. Maybe you guys suck? Ever think of that?

U.S. Diplomats Drafted A 'Dissent Memo' Objecting To Trump's Muslim Ban | The Huffington Post

The countries left off of Trump's list, where terrorism actually comes from, have historically been American allies. Obama and Bush were friendly towards Saudi Arabia, Egypt, and the UAE as well. So it's not fair to assume Trump is being nice to them due to his businesses when it's been established American policy for decades.
Well it doesn't make sense to leave them off the list. It looks like he's just trying to deliver on a campaign promise even if it was a bad one. It'll make his nationalistic supporters happy.

It was just last month and you cared what a foreign dictator thought but now you don't care what Germany, England, Canada or Mexico thinks? What the fuck is wrong with you?

I wanted to share this conservative's view on Trump's foreign policy.

Charles Krauthammer: Trump's foreign-policy revolution

• By Charles Krauthammer, The Washington Post
    • Jan 29, 2017
WASHINGTON — The flurry of bold executive orders and of highly provocative Cabinet nominations (such as a secretary of education who actually believes in school choice) has been encouraging to conservative skeptics of Donald Trump. But it shouldn’t erase the troubling memory of one major element of Trump’s inaugural address.

The foreign policy section has received far less attention than so revolutionary a declaration deserved. It radically redefined the American national interest as understood since World War II.

Trump outlined a world in which foreign relations are collapsed into a zero-sum game. They gain, we lose. As in: “For many decades, we’ve enriched foreign industry at the expense of American industry; subsidized the armies of other countries” while depleting our own. And most provocatively this: “The wealth of our middle class has been ripped from their homes and then redistributed all across the world.”

JFK’s inaugural pledged to support any friend and oppose any foe to assure the success of liberty. Note that Trump makes no distinction between friend and foe (and no reference to liberty). They’re all out to use, exploit and surpass us.

No more, declared Trump: “From this day forward, it’s going to be only America First.”

Imagine how this resonates abroad. “America First” was the name of the organization led by Charles Lindbergh that bitterly fought FDR before U.S. entry into World War II — right through the Battle of Britain — to keep America neutral between Churchill’s Britain and Hitler’s Reich.

Not that Trump was consciously imitating Lindbergh. I doubt he was even aware of the reference. He just liked the phrase. But I can assure you that in London and in every world capital they are aware of the antecedent and the intimations of a new American isolationism. Trump gave them good reason to think so, going on to note “the right of all nations to put their own interests first.” America included.

Some claim that putting America first is a reassertion of American exceptionalism. On the contrary, it is the antithesis. It makes America no different from all the other countries that define themselves by a particularist blood-and-soil nationalism. What made America exceptional, unique in the world, was defining its own national interest beyond its narrow economic and security needs to encompass the safety and prosperity of a vast array of allies. A free world marked by open trade and mutual defense was President Truman’s vision, shared by every president since.

Until now.

Some have argued that Trump is just dangling a bargaining chip to negotiate better terms of trade or alliance. Or that Trump’s views are so changeable and unstable — telling European newspapers two weeks ago that NATO is obsolete and then saying “NATO is very important to me” — that this is just another unmoored entry on a ledger of confusion.

But both claims are demonstrably wrong. An inaugural address is no off-the-cuff riff. These words are the product of at least three weeks of deliberate crafting for an address that Trump said would express his philosophy. Moreover, to remove any ambiguity, Trump prefaced his “America first” proclamation with: “From this day forward, a new vision will govern our land.”

Trump’s vision misunderstands the logic underlying the far larger, far-reaching view of Truman. The Marshall Plan sure took wealth away from the American middle class and distributed it abroad. But for a reason. Altruism, in part. But mostly to stabilize Western Europe as a bulwark against an existential global enemy.

We carried many free riders throughout the Cold War. The burden was heavy. But this was not a mindless act of charity; it was an exercise in enlightened self-interest. After all, it was indeed better to subsidize foreign armies — German, South Korean, Turkish and dozens of others — and have them stand with us, rather than stationing even more American troops everywhere around the world at greater risk of both blood and treasure.

We are embarking upon insularity and smallness. Nor is this just theory. Trump’s long-promised but nonetheless abrupt withdrawal from the Trans-Pacific Partnership is the momentous first fruit of his foreign policy doctrine. Last year the prime minister of Singapore told John McCain that if we pulled out of TPP “you’ll be finished in Asia.” He knows the region.

For 70 years, we sustained an international system of open commerce and democratic alliances that has enabled America and the West to grow and thrive. Global leadership is what made America great. We abandon it at our peril.

Charles Krauthammer writes for The Washington Post. Email: [email protected].
Allow me to put an European outlook to this OP. I'm a Belgian citizen with an American wife. Most of my in laws voted for Trump and I don't consider them stupid or racist. Having said that this is what is happening in my country and I suspect the world. For 70 years now the Western World has looked for guidance from the US, a deferral your country has earned through expending of lives and vast sums of money. A sacrifice that has earned the US the right to permeate our society with both your business and culture. I grew up on American TV shows and with McDonald's for food and Ford for Transport. The value of oil is expressed in USD. I love the idea of the US, the sheer exuberance, tolerance and tenacity as portrayed on TV and experienced now by my marriage.
That's why most of us watched with wonder how someone who reminds most Europeans of some of it's darkest days, could be put in charge of your country. I want to put out front now that my post is not meant as another Hitler reminder, simply a notice that for Europeans someone who campaigned as Trump did, makes people remember that the last time someone got himself elected by demonising other groups in huge unruly rallies, Europe was set ablaze. So Trump before he came to power was looked at very warily. Then in less than 2 weeks, he showed us that what was said in those rallies was not empty words, and what's more that he isn't planning to allow anyone to hold him accountable.
Why is this important? Trump is creating a power vacuum. Where the US leads under Trump, most nations do not want to follow. This will quickly result in all deference to the US eroding away. This also will result in instability while the western world realigns itself. Where it ends I don't know, but all throughout history global instability are very bloody times. For a lot of people on this board " I don't care" would be the most common response to that, but those people should note that losing global influence mean that you inevitably will have less control over events and that that control is the very source of your power.

Last edited:

When the entire world says you and Trump are wrong, maybe you are wrong. Scientists, Europe, England, Mexico, Canada. Oh boy this is starting to remind me of when Bush lied us into Iraq almost alone but said he had the backing of the "coalition of the willing".

Well England's PM is trying to stay chummy with Trump and her citizens are not having it. Maybe you guys suck? Ever think of that?

U.S. Diplomats Drafted A 'Dissent Memo' Objecting To Trump's Muslim Ban | The Huffington Post
wrong about what? WTF are you talking about?

It was just last month and you cared what a foreign dictator thought but now you don't care what Germany, England, Canada or Mexico thinks? What the fuck is wrong with you?
What did I care about?

See forkup's well thought out post dummy

you make it very hard to keep up with you.. that isn't a compliment.

What did I care about?
I'm lumping you in with the Republicans. Sorry Gary Johnson supporters but you are to blame for Trump too. You Jill Stein idiots as well.

What did I care about?
Last month you guys preferred a leader that Putin could do business with. But you don't give a fuck the rest of the world doesn't want to do business with Trump. Or they do but he's making them want it less and less. He's ruining our standing in the world. Fact.

You thought Obama was bad? Then you're a brain dead chimp imo.

you make it very hard to keep up with you.. that isn't a compliment.
I put all you rwnj's in one category. Until I know you better you may as well be Trump himself. And I don't care about beating you in a war of words. I want to beat THEM. You represent them. Don't flatter yourself into thinking anyone cares about the little nuances that make you all different. Just a different nut in a bag of nuts.

Why don't Republicans care that Trump just pissed on the Constitution?

The Constitution requires the executive branch, which includes DHS, to obey federal court orders as a check on its power. And they did not this weekend.

Senate Democrats Call For Investigation Into Trump Officials' Failure To Obey Court Orders | The Huffington Post

Trump's going to get impeached.

really? where does it say that? (maybe it does----I just do not know---I know that the executive branch ---ie president----must obey the SUPREME COURT

If you don't know take my word for it.
'

I prefer a link

Then stop talking about what is and isn't constitutional when you dopes don't even know. You pretended to know when Obama was in office but now you play stupid.

I never mentioned anything about the constitution in reference to Obama----
SCHMUCK. Let me review-----your contention----somewhere in the constitution
it says-----the PRESIDENT OF THE USA IS BOUND by any ruling made in Federal Court by any Federal judge-------ok I will try to find out----some day

It Took Donald Trump 8 Days To Bring The U.S. To The Brink Of A Constitutional Crisis | The Huffington Post

• Jan 29, 2017
WASHINGTON — The flurry of bold executive orders and of highly provocative Cabinet nominations (such as a secretary of education who actually believes in school choice) has been encouraging to conservative skeptics of Donald Trump. But it shouldn’t erase the troubling memory of one major element of Trump’s inaugural address.

The foreign policy section has received far less attention than so revolutionary a declaration deserved. It radically redefined the American national interest as understood since World War II.

Trump outlined a world in which foreign relations are collapsed into a zero-sum game. They gain, we lose. As in: “For many decades, we’ve enriched foreign industry at the expense of American industry; subsidized the armies of other countries” while depleting our own. And most provocatively this: “The wealth of our middle class has been ripped from their homes and then redistributed all across the world.”

JFK’s inaugural pledged to support any friend and oppose any foe to assure the success of liberty. Note that Trump makes no distinction between friend and foe (and no reference to liberty). They’re all out to use, exploit and surpass us.

No more, declared Trump: “From this day forward, it’s going to be only America First.”

Imagine how this resonates abroad. “America First” was the name of the organization led by Charles Lindbergh that bitterly fought FDR before U.S. entry into World War II — right through the Battle of Britain — to keep America neutral between Churchill’s Britain and Hitler’s Reich.

Not that Trump was consciously imitating Lindbergh. I doubt he was even aware of the reference. He just liked the phrase. But I can assure you that in London and in every world capital they are aware of the antecedent and the intimations of a new American isolationism. Trump gave them good reason to think so, going on to note “the right of all nations to put their own interests first.” America included.

Some claim that putting America first is a reassertion of American exceptionalism. On the contrary, it is the antithesis. It makes America no different from all the other countries that define themselves by a particularist blood-and-soil nationalism. What made America exceptional, unique in the world, was defining its own national interest beyond its narrow economic and security needs to encompass the safety and prosperity of a vast array of allies. A free world marked by open trade and mutual defense was President Truman’s vision, shared by every president since.

Until now.

Some have argued that Trump is just dangling a bargaining chip to negotiate better terms of trade or alliance. Or that Trump’s views are so changeable and unstable — telling European newspapers two weeks ago that NATO is obsolete and then saying “NATO is very important to me” — that this is just another unmoored entry on a ledger of confusion.

But both claims are demonstrably wrong. An inaugural address is no off-the-cuff riff. These words are the product of at least three weeks of deliberate crafting for an address that Trump said would express his philosophy. Moreover, to remove any ambiguity, Trump prefaced his “America first” proclamation with: “From this day forward, a new vision will govern our land.”

Trump’s vision misunderstands the logic underlying the far larger, far-reaching view of Truman. The Marshall Plan sure took wealth away from the American middle class and distributed it abroad. But for a reason. Altruism, in part. But mostly to stabilize Western Europe as a bulwark against an existential global enemy.

We carried many free riders throughout the Cold War. The burden was heavy. But this was not a mindless act of charity; it was an exercise in enlightened self-interest. After all, it was indeed better to subsidize foreign armies — German, South Korean, Turkish and dozens of others — and have them stand with us, rather than stationing even more American troops everywhere around the world at greater risk of both blood and treasure.

We are embarking upon insularity and smallness. Nor is this just theory. Trump’s long-promised but nonetheless abrupt withdrawal from the Trans-Pacific Partnership is the momentous first fruit of his foreign policy doctrine. Last year the prime minister of Singapore told John McCain that if we pulled out of TPP “you’ll be finished in Asia.” He knows the region.

For 70 years, we sustained an international system of open commerce and democratic alliances that has enabled America and the West to grow and thrive. Global leadership is what made America great. We abandon it at our peril.

He's not a conservative....so.....

It Took Donald Trump 8 Days To Bring The U.S. To The Brink Of A Constitutional Crisis
“Obedience to specific court orders is what keeps us from being a banana republic or fascist dictatorship. That’s a really big deal.”

What did I care about?
I'm lumping you in with the Republicans. Sorry Gary Johnson supporters but you are to blame for Trump too. You Jill Stein idiots as well.
I didn't vote for any of those fucks. Especially Clinton. I would have punched a stranger in the face before I voted for that war mongering corporatist

• Jan 29, 2017

Until now.

I don't normally agree with Krauthammer, but that sure seems to explain a lot. Trump's world is composed only of winners and losers.

Forum List

Back