America isn't prepared to deal with crime.

so youre solution is to hunt down and jail or kill people for choosing their bodies belong to them and consume something you dont like,,,

theres many words for people like you,,, I will go with MONSTER,,
We just sequester them for 30-60 days in a secure facility, with medical attention if needed. Then we let them go. In the meantime we deprive the drug trade of $millions in revenue. And if we catch them again back they go into the facility for another 30-60 days. A good plan doncha think?

It actually isn't new. The courts 'sentence' habitual troublesome drunks to REBOS all the time.

so youre solution is to hunt down and jail or kill people for choosing their bodies belong to them and consume something you dont like,,,

theres many words for people like you,,, I will go with MONSTER,,
I didn't read the word kill in his post. Typical leftist move.

We just sequester them for 30-60 days in a secure facility, with medical attention if needed. Then we let them go. In the meantime we deprive the drug trade of $millions in revenue. And if we catch them again back they go into the facility for another 30-60 days. A good plan doncha think?
making it legal has the same results,,

Whoa!

I have to be very careful what I say.

To compare Norway with the United States is, well, not helpful.

For obvious reasons -- which I am loath to mention.

So I shall end this post by saying that there is NO solution to the violent crime problem in this country.

I remember one member many years ago who summed up the problem in one sentence. He opined that this nation is cursed. Of course, I do not have the guts to give his reason.

And there ends the logical fact based discussion. I had hoped you were reasonable. Instead you allow your prejudices that you don’t even have the courage to state directly, to doom yourself and society to the continuing problem of revolving door justice.

Enjoy it.

Thanks to ambulance chasing bleeding heart ACLU lawyers prisons cost more than they should

The costs in California were broken down. Of the annual cost per inmate at the California Prisons which totaled $106,000 each. The largest single expense was $44,000 for security. Perhaps we should contain the inmates with the honor system.

The second largest expense was medical. And as proven by the Supreme Court Case referenced, the medical treatments were not even sufficient to be considered substandard. They would have to improve dramatically to rise to the level of substandard.

The aforementioned bleeding heart liberals decreed that California was limited to overcrowding their prisons to the point of 137.5%. Obviously when you have that many more people than you can actually hold then these inmates are living a soft and luxurious life.

Not to mention how the left are letting them out without bail. This needs to stop, it's madness.

Ok. Jails and prisons are overcrowded. That fact is undeniable. How much more in taxes are you prepared to pay to arrange for more prison and jail space?

The costs in California were broken down. Of the annual cost per inmate at the California Prisons which totaled $106,000 each. The largest single expense was $44,000 for security. Perhaps we should contain the inmates with the honor system.

The second largest expense was medical. And as proven by the Supreme Court Case referenced, the medical treatments were not even sufficient to be considered substandard. They would have to improve dramatically to rise to the level of substandard.

The aforementioned bleeding heart liberals decreed that California was limited to overcrowding their prisons to the point of 137.5%. Obviously when you have that many more people than you can actually hold then these inmates are living a soft and luxurious life.
I like sheriff Arpaio’s tent city

make them as uncomfortable as possible

Whoa!

I have to be very careful what I say.

To compare Norway with the United States is, well, not helpful.

For obvious reasons -- which I am loath to mention.

So I shall end this post by saying that there is NO solution to the violent crime problem in this country.

I remember one member many years ago who summed up the problem in one sentence. He opined that this nation is cursed. Of course, I do not have the guts to give his reason.
Because we have black Americans? That's always been the excuse.

Medical costs could be reduced by better health, nutrition, and personal care training. If all the organs are working in a person they can be made to work better.

do you force this on people or let them decide for themselves??
Some of each. Food selection is 'forced'. Brushing and flossing is optional, with the understanding that dental care is going to be limited. ;) Education about either would be mandatory.

To progressive hunter​

That's the European model. Seems to be working.

I think longer sentences with better treatment is the way to go.
I dont want to mistreat prisioners

they should be housed in clean conditions, fed a normal diet of decent food, and given medical care

but no air conditioning, weight rooms, tv, computer access or more than one 5-minute tel call per month

Forum List

Back