Americans Favour Creationism Over Evolution

Kathianne said:
Your point?

My point is I'm trying to describe the sunset to fucking Ray Charles over here and it's pissing me off. If someone can't accept simple facts then I don't know how I'm supposed to have a rational conversation with them.

Powerman said:
My point is I'm trying to describe the sunset to fucking Ray Charles over here and it's pissing me off. If someone can't accept simple facts then I don't know how I'm supposed to have a rational conversation with them.

Ok, I accept all you say, however you say it. Better now? Don't lose hope. :teeth:

Powerman said:

You aren't posting fact. You are posting scientific conjecture, and/or personal conjecture.

GunnyL said:
You aren't posting fact. You are posting scientific conjecture, and/or personal conjecture.

Bullshit. I haven't posted anything on this thread that is not true. The scientific community does not recognize ID as science. That is a fact. I know some of you might live in a dream world where the scientific community is 50 50 on the issue of evolution and ID but evolution is the best and the only theory that explains our existence. There isn't even a close second in the scientific community. The sooner you can accept that simple fact the better.

Now that we have cleared that up(hopefully) let's be rational. Every scientific theory has it's holes and if people want the holes of theories taught in class then that's perfectly fine. But let's make it every theory and not just the ones that conflict with Genesis. Does that sound fair?

Powerman said:

Those crazy illogical bastards!! :bang3: :tinfoil: :death:

Powerman said:

classic...the dude is blind and it is his fault that he can't understand your visual description of a sunset....

Powerman said:
Bullshit. I haven't posted anything on this thread that is not true. The scientific community does not recognize ID as science. That is a fact. I know some of you might live in a dream world where the scientific community is 50 50 on the issue of evolution and ID but evolution is the best and the only theory that explains our existence. There isn't even a close second in the scientific community. The sooner you can accept that simple fact the better.

Now that we have cleared that up(hopefully) let's be rational. Every scientific theory has it's holes and if people want the holes of theories taught in class then that's perfectly fine. But let's make it every theory and not just the ones that conflict with Genesis. Does that sound fair?

The sceintifc community does not recognize ID as science so it cannot be truth. THERE is you BS.

The scientific community can explain origin no better than the King James Version of the Bible.

And again, evolution is not a theory of origin. Two separate topics.

I think I'm being extremely fair. You are blind because your mind is closed. How many threads do you have this same argument going in at one time?

You have made statements. Back them up. Show me in writing where evolution is a theory of origin, and then show me irrefutable evidence of the origin of life.

Powerman said:

here give me this fact.....evolution by defininiton of the word is and the therory it self is "the evolution of a species" how did it start?

manu1959 said:
classic...the dude is blind and it is his fault that he can't understand your visual description of a sunset....

You missed the point of that joke apparently. My point is I'm trying to explain things logically to people who don't obey logic.

manu1959 said:
here give me this fact.....evolution by defininiton of the word is and the therory it self is "the evolution of a species" how did it start?

That's not my area of expertise but I'm sure if you did some research you could find some different theories on it. Sometimes it's ok to say "I don't know" when it comes to such cosmic questions? Do I know exactly how life originated? No I don't. But my response to I don't know isn't that there must be some invisible being that cares whether or not I have premarital sex that created us. That's where we differ I suppose. I'm not afraid of the unkown. I don't need a how and a why to get through my day. If a fairy tale about magic apples and talking snakes is more appealing to you then that's fine. I don't see why we should be talking about that in science class though.

Powerman said:
You missed the point of that joke apparently. My point is I'm trying to explain things logically to people who don't obey logic.

The joke's on YOU. You have foresaken logic in favor of your biased opinion.

Powerman said:

your logic may be the issue here....

manu1959 said:
your logic may be the issue here....

WTF? You people are killing me. If ID is not recognized by science by the scientific community then it's not. It's just that fucking simple. Why would someone want to argue a fact? That's insanity

Powerman said:
That's not my area of expertise but I'm sure if you did some research you could find some different theories on it. Sometimes it's ok to say "I don't know" when it comes to such cosmic questions? Do I know exactly how life originated? No I don't. But my response to I don't know isn't that there must be some invisible being that cares whether or not I have premarital sex that created us. That's where we differ I suppose. I'm not afraid of the unkown. I don't need a how and a why to get through my day. If a fairy tale about magic apples and talking snakes is more appealing to you then that's fine. I don't see why we should be talking about that in science class though.

Not afraid, huh? Neither are true believers for the simple fact that it is not an "unknown."

My position here would be to ask why you have the same argument going (I counted 4 out of the first seven threads in this forum last night) if you are secure in the fact that you are right?

Powerman said:

i have done the research, written papers on it, and discussed it at length.

if you read what i wrote i did not say anthing about who or what may have created life....all i said is that evolution is by definition the evolution of an existing species...it is not the creation of the first life form.....also changing the subject and the question is a classic debate defense when you have lost the logical argument....which was...evolution did not and can not create the first life form....

Powerman said:
WTF? You people are killing me. If ID is not recognized by science by the scientific community then it's not. It's just that fucking simple. Why would someone want to argue a fact? That's insanity

defensive and changing the subject....i said your logic was suspect...you get defensive, accusitory and change the topic....damn you are easy

manu1959 said:

The theory of evolution, formalized by Charles Darwin, is as much theory as is the theory of gravity, or the theory of relativity. Unlike theories of physics, biological theories, and especially evolution, have been argued long and hard in socio-political arenas. Even today, evolution is not often taught in primary schools. However, evolution is the binding force of all biological research. It is the unifying theme. In paleontology, evolution gives workers a powerful way to organize the remains of past life and better understand the one history of life. The history of thought about evolution in general and paleontological contributions specifically are often useful to the workers of today. Science, like any iterative process, draws heavily from its history.

http://www.ucmp.berkeley.edu/history/evotheory.html

(I even used a nonconservative source lol)

Biology.
a. Change in the genetic composition of a population during successive generations, as a result of natural selection acting on the genetic variation among individuals, and resulting in the development of new species.
b. The historical development of a related group of organisms; phylogeny

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=evolution

manu1959 said:
defensive and changing the subject....i said your logic was suspect...you get defensive, accusitory and change the topic....damn you are easy

There is nothing wrong with my logic. It's quite sharp actually. I have no problem defending my logical skills. The fact that you disagree with my logic doesn't bother me in the least bit because I am confident that my logical skills are more polished than yours.

• Thanks
Reactions: Nuc
Powerman said:
There is nothing wrong with my logic. It's quite sharp actually. I have no problem defending my logical skills. The fact that you disagree with my logic doesn't bother me in the least bit because I am confident that my logical skills are more polished than yours.

Have to agree with Manu. Your logic ain't all that. You're ignoring a lot of fact in favor of your biased opinion. That flies in the face of logic.

Forum List

Back