An Honest Conversation about Race

In illogical world, sure.

Overgeneralization (also Hasty Generalization). The stupid but common fallacy of incorrectly applying one or two examples to all cases (e.g. “Some college student was tailgating me all the way up North Main Street last night. This proves that all college students are lousy drivers, and we should pull their driver’s licenses until they either grow up, learn to drive or graduate!”). Master List of Logical Fallacies

should begin with the fact that a majority of Whites don't spend their days dreaming up ways to screw Blacks, whereas the majority of Blacks believe they are getting screwed by Whites. How to bridge this gulf between perceptions?

So do you imagine that the majority of the Blacks don't understand why they're berift of money and power?

See? That's what Lonestar does. Makes a statement of fact, when asked for proof for his statement he feigns outrage and ends the debate.

Anytime you're willing to back up anything you say Lone I'll be right here. I won't hold my breath

Look you moron, if you have never heard any of the people I mentioned make racist comments then you are living under a rock.

It really doesn't matter why or what they blame the white man for the fact remains they blamed the white man for something.

Sharpton blamed white republicans for the low unemployment numbers among black Americans.

Wright blamed whites for creating HIV to kill off black Americans.

Farrakahn blamed Obama's woes on Jews and whites.

Jackson blamed Katrina on racism.

That's just a few of the things I can remember just off the top of my head.

When I made that statement I provided links that supported it. You obviously ignored it.

I clicked one link and it doesnt say anything about Jackson blaming Katrina on Racism...You are trying to paraphrase to make it seem so crazy. Stop being dishonest

HOLY FUCK! Look at what Lonestar posted as proof of unfair comments ...remember this is what LONESTAR HIMSELF POSTED
Al Sharpton: Republicans to Blame for High Black Unemployment

His link leads to this:
He (Sharpton) blamed the high black unemployment rate on post-2009 cuts to government jobs, and he blamed Republicans for the cuts.

Sharpton's correct that government job rolls are occupied by black employees at a higher rate than whites. He's also correct that the black unemployment rate is much higher: it stood at 14.3% in October, compared to an overall rate of 7.9%.

He's also correct to suggest the government job losses are concentrated in red states. Since 2010, 70% of government job losses took place in just 12 red states that have Republican-controlled legislatures: Alabama, Indiana, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, Montana, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas and Wisconsin. The other states shed far fewer government jobs, or even took on more workers, the Nation claims. Since 2009, 636,000 state and local government jobs have been cut nationwide.

Validation from Lonestar own non-reading ass

You say that and post a link about him from his website? lol
I didn't see anything about him being a "wing-nut
Oh yea : NAACP president: Black people worse off under Obama - Washington Times
And that is coming from a very liberal site.
Weird how you cant find it anywhere though.. HMmmmmmmm LOL

The headline is misleading the actually story sheds more light on the subject. If "blacks are back to where they were when he first started", How can it be said that they are "worse off" under Obama? "Worse off than who, the previous Administration?

should begin with the fact that a majority of Whites don't spend their days dreaming up ways to screw Blacks, whereas the majority of Blacks believe they are getting screwed by Whites. How to bridge this gulf between perceptions?

Do you know the majority of blacks or is this an opinion based off what you see on T.V, YouTube, WorldStarHip-Hop?

See? That's what Lonestar does. Makes a statement of fact, when asked for proof for his statement he feigns outrage and ends the debate.

Anytime you're willing to back up anything you say Lone I'll be right here. I won't hold my breath

Look you moron, if you have never heard any of the people I mentioned make racist comments then you are living under a rock.

It really doesn't matter why or what they blame the white man for the fact remains they blamed the white man for something.

Sharpton blamed white republicans for the low unemployment numbers among black Americans.

Wright blamed whites for creating HIV to kill off black Americans.

Farrakahn blamed Obama's woes on Jews and whites.

Jackson blamed Katrina on racism.

That's just a few of the things I can remember just off the top of my head.

When I made that statement I provided links that supported it. You obviously ignored it.

I clicked one link and it doesnt say anything about Jackson blaming Katrina on Racism...You are trying to paraphrase to make it seem so crazy. Stop being dishonest

First sentence in the link.

Reverend Jesse Jackson asserted that the devastation inflicted on poor
blacks by Hurricane Katrina proves America is a racist society.

Moron!

HOLY FUCK! Look at what Lonestar posted as proof of unfair comments ...remember this is what LONESTAR HIMSELF POSTED

His link leads to this:
He (Sharpton) blamed the high black unemployment rate on post-2009 cuts to government jobs, and he blamed Republicans for the cuts.

Sharpton's correct that government job rolls are occupied by black employees at a higher rate than whites. He's also correct that the black unemployment rate is much higher: it stood at 14.3% in October, compared to an overall rate of 7.9%.

He's also correct to suggest the government job losses are concentrated in red states. Since 2010, 70% of government job losses took place in just 12 red states that have Republican-controlled legislatures: Alabama, Indiana, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, Montana, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas and Wisconsin. The other states shed far fewer government jobs, or even took on more workers, the Nation claims. Since 2009, 636,000 state and local government jobs have been cut nationwide.

From the link.

He blamed the high black unemployment rate on post-2009 cuts to government jobs, and he blamed Republicans for the cuts.

Everyone knows the that republicans are stereotyped as old rich white men.

Go ahead an act like a fool and pretend that some blacks do not blame the white man.

Oh and I noticed the other links you couldn't refute.

There will never be an honest debate about race when your side refuses to be honest with yourselves.

Jamie Foxx Talks Racism, Claims He’s Forced To Be ‘White’ For Work, Says ‘As A Black Person It’s Always Racial’

“As black folks we’re always sensitive,” Foxx said. “As a black person it’s always racial. I come into this place to do a photo shoot and they got Ritz crackers and cheese — I’ll be like, ain’t this a b*tch. Y’all didn’t know black people was coming. What’s with all this white sh*t? By the same token, if there is fried chicken and watermelon I’ll say ain’t this a b*tch? So, no matter what we do as black people it’s always gonna be that.”

Foxx, who plays a slave in the controversial film, went on to reveal that he feels he is forced to compromise who he is when working in a professional capacity.

“Every single thing in my life is built around race,” he explained. “I don’t necessarily speak it because you can’t. But the minute I leave my house, I gotta put my other jacket on and say, ‘Hey, Thomas, Julian and Greg.’ And I gotta be a certain person.”

Leonardo DiCaprio, who was part of the VIBE roundtable interview along with Kerry Washington, didn’t understand Foxx’s name references, to which VIBE clarified, “Those are white people.”

“No, some of those are black,” Foxx corrected. “But when I get home my other homies are like ‘how was your day?’ Well, I only had to be white for at least eight hours today, [or] I only had to be white for four hours. Everything we do is that.”

When Ebony asked actor Samuel L. Jackson where he stood, his answer raised some eyebrows. Obama's "message didn't mean sh*t to me," Jackson said, according to the New York Post. "I just hoped he would do some of what he said he was gonna do." Implying that Obama has not yet been able to behave like a "scary" "n*gga," Jackson said he hopes Obama will be more "scary" in his second term, "cuz he ain't gotta worry about getting re-elected." "I voted for Barack because he was black," Jackson said. "Cuz that’s why other folks vote for other people — because they look like them."

Lonestar quit while you're ahead. You lack any understanding when it comes to social demographics.

I fear no man....Let me stop coming at you, you have folks on your side here so I wont come at you no more.

His link leads to this:

From the link.

He blamed the high black unemployment rate on post-2009 cuts to government jobs, and he blamed Republicans for the cuts.

Go ahead an act like a fool and pretend that some blacks do not blame the white man.

You mad, your own link said he was right. If your point was that a black person blamed whites. Congrats. But if you point was that a black person UNFAIRLY blamed Whites...You fail

Oh and I noticed the other links you couldn't refute.

If you want to believe Sharpton said the Hurricane Katrina was racist...a racist hurricane? I think the allegation refutes itself..

There will never be an honest debate about race when your side refuses to be honest with yourselves.

Honestly blacks do blame whites for some things. You just dont care what the complaints are, you're to busy having a fit that the blame is leveled at whites in the first place. Like with Sharpton. The only thing you seem to be mad about is Sharpton said something about it...You have NO ISSUES with it being TRUE. And thats the dishonest part

Jamie Foxx Talks Racism, Claims He’s Forced To Be ‘White’ For Work, Says ‘As A Black Person It’s Always Racial’

“As black folks we’re always sensitive,” Foxx said. “As a black person it’s always racial. I come into this place to do a photo shoot and they got Ritz crackers and cheese — I’ll be like, ain’t this a b*tch. Y’all didn’t know black people was coming. What’s with all this white sh*t? By the same token, if there is fried chicken and watermelon I’ll say ain’t this a b*tch? So, no matter what we do as black people it’s always gonna be that.”

Foxx, who plays a slave in the controversial film, went on to reveal that he feels he is forced to compromise who he is when working in a professional capacity.

“Every single thing in my life is built around race,” he explained. “I don’t necessarily speak it because you can’t. But the minute I leave my house, I gotta put my other jacket on and say, ‘Hey, Thomas, Julian and Greg.’ And I gotta be a certain person.”

Leonardo DiCaprio, who was part of the VIBE roundtable interview along with Kerry Washington, didn’t understand Foxx’s name references, to which VIBE clarified, “Those are white people.”

“No, some of those are black,” Foxx corrected. “But when I get home my other homies are like ‘how was your day?’ Well, I only had to be white for at least eight hours today, [or] I only had to be white for four hours. Everything we do is that.”

When Ebony asked actor Samuel L. Jackson where he stood, his answer raised some eyebrows. Obama's "message didn't mean sh*t to me," Jackson said, according to the New York Post. "I just hoped he would do some of what he said he was gonna do." Implying that Obama has not yet been able to behave like a "scary" "n*gga," Jackson said he hopes Obama will be more "scary" in his second term, "cuz he ain't gotta worry about getting re-elected." "I voted for Barack because he was black," Jackson said. "Cuz that’s why other folks vote for other people — because they look like them."

What about it? You want to refute their personal experiences and tell everyone why yours is more important?:cuckoo:

His link leads to this:

From the link.

You mad, your own link said he was right. If your point was that a black person blamed whites. Congrats. But if you point was that a black person UNFAIRLY blamed Whites...You fail

If you want to believe Sharpton said the Hurricane Katrina was racist...a racist hurricane? I think the allegation refutes itself..

Honestly blacks do blame whites for some things. You just dont care what the complaints are, you're to busy having a fit that the blame is leveled at whites in the first place. Like with Sharpton. The only thing you seem to be mad about is Sharpton said something about it...You have NO ISSUES with it being TRUE. And thats the dishonest part

What about it? You want to refute their personal experiences and tell everyone why yours is more important?:cuckoo:

Thanks for finally admitting I was right, some blacks do blame whitey.

Oh and I don't vote for people that "look" like me and those that do are racist. I vote for people that best represent my values.

I don't refute anyone's personal experience, I just want them to be honest.

Forum List

Back