And you want $15 an hour?

As you are the one who is brain dead, the Happy Meal comes with a small drink, not a medium, not a large, and since I fill it up myself, I can put whatever I want to in it.

Actually, you can upsize the drink in the Happy Meal. But I wouldn't expect you to know that.

You don't even know what a number 7 meal here in the states, face it, McDonalds is not the same over their, we have superior products! Lol!

Sent from my iPad using an Android.

No, we just order what we want - like a Big Mac meal. Not a stupid number which anyone could get wrong.

But they can... What other factors play into this? If a single person just simply works 40 hours a week at minimum wage, they are no longer in poverty. If husband and wife do that they are nearly double the poverty level according to Health and Human Services. But the minimum wage was not meant to be "livable". I earned minimum wage picking up range balls at a golf course when I was 12 years old. It is sad when people expect to earning living wages for work a 12 year old can do...

It is illegal to employ a 12 year old over here.

Sorry for you... I loved working at the golf course. I looked up to the guys that worked there and ended up earning a college scholarship for golf. I thought it was fun to be 12 and drive a golf cart on the range... Sad that experience is illegal there...

Our 12 year olds are in their first year of high school, which is more important than walking around picking up balls.

Sorry for you... I loved working at the golf course. I looked up to the guys that worked there and ended up earning a college scholarship for golf. I thought it was fun to be 12 and drive a golf cart on the range... Sad that experience is illegal there...

Our 12 year olds are in their first year of high school, which is more important than walking around picking up balls.

Get over yourself... It was a SUMMER job... Learned responsibility at an early age. No harm done! I was out there practicing golf anyway. I WANTED to work. Believe it or not, I was in the top of my class in school as well.

Get over yourself... It was a SUMMER job... Learned responsibility at an early age. No harm done! I was out there practicing golf anyway. I WANTED to work. Believe it or not, I was in the top of my class in school as well.

We attend school during summers. No three months off for us - which I think is ridiculous, anyway.

He can live on $16 an hour. Those on less than half of that cannot.

But they can... What other factors play into this? If a single person just simply works 40 hours a week at minimum wage, they are no longer in poverty. If husband and wife do that they are nearly double the poverty level according to Health and Human Services. But the minimum wage was not meant to be "livable". I earned minimum wage picking up range balls at a golf course when I was 12 years old. It is sad when people expect to earning living wages for work a 12 year old can do...

Yes and no. In some states you can employ a child under 12 just not during school hours and provided they have parental permission.

http://www.dol.gov/whd/state/agriemp2.htm

Yes and no. In some states you can employ a child under 12 just not during school hours and provided they have parental permission.

http://www.dol.gov/whd/state/agriemp2.htm

My mentors worked at the golf course. I dreamed of being like them and working in the glamorous [sarcasm] "Pro Shop". They earned scholarships and I wanted to follow in their footsteps... They hired me for several tournaments through the summer to help them out. Maybe it was to just make me feel good? I don't know. But I'll never forget it... :eusa_angel:

But, unfortunately, I have just learned I'm not as smart as an Aussie and I never will be because LEARNING NEVER STOPS... Thanks for reminding me of my subordinance!

It falls on the manager and owners. They control heir stores. But that is not the issue as you know.

You and I agree. The question then is.....should the managers all be fired for failing to provide excellent service? Or....will disciplining the employee at the counter and instituting more stringent quality controls at the store level be a more prudent way to deal with the matter?

Or.....should we lower the minimum wage as a way to deal with it?

Your question answers itself.

It falls on the manager and owners. They control heir stores. But that is not the issue as you know.

You and I agree. The question then is.....should the managers all be fired for failing to provide excellent service? Or....will disciplining the employee at the counter and instituting more stringent quality controls at the store level be a more prudent way to deal with the matter?

Or.....should we lower the minimum wage as a way to deal with it?

Your question answers itself.
Lower wages are a path to full employment but are also a path to poverty. Lower wages enough and businesses will abandon technology in favor of cheap labor, like 3rd world countries. Why bother with labor saving techniques if labor is dirt cheap.

Last edited:
Actually, you can upsize the drink in the Happy Meal. But I wouldn't expect you to know that.

You don't even know what a number 7 meal here in the states, face it, McDonalds is not the same over their, we have superior products! Lol!

No, we just order what we want - like a Big Mac meal. Not a stupid number which anyone could get wrong.

It's your company that you work for and their ideas not mine. Take it up with them, you seem to think you are all high and mighty with them. But like I said, you know only what an employee knows, not what a McDonalds franchise owner knows and how a business runs.

We attend school during summers. No three months off for us - which I think is ridiculous, anyway.

Bitchy tonight, aren't you? Wait on a lot of Indians today?

I used to pick strawberries, string beans, cherries, and other crops, we got out of school Memorial Day Weekend and had the summer off until Labor Day. I paid money for clothes and stuff I wanted. When I turned 16, I worked at a cannery all summer, then 3-8 in the afternoon during the fall. I also had lots of chores at home, feeding animals, milking cows, chopping wood. I had a lot of fun and still enjoy work to this day. I also graduated from high school and after graduation, we found that employers in the city would hire us because the kids at our school were farm kids and we knew how to work and work hard. Then I went on to college and worked through that.

Hard work is what I know and enjoy. I did work for McDonalds and went to Hamburger U. I had to go there during my spring break in college. I moved on from McDonalds at the age of 20 and have no desire to go back. Sorry you work in such a bad economy, that there are no jobs, high minimum wages usually stifle economic growth.

I used to pick strawberries, string beans, cherries, and other crops, we got out of school Memorial Day Weekend and had the summer off until Labor Day. I paid money for clothes and stuff I wanted. When I turned 16, I worked at a cannery all summer, then 3-8 in the afternoon during the fall. I also had lots of chores at home, feeding animals, milking cows, chopping wood. I had a lot of fun and still enjoy work to this day. I also graduated from high school and after graduation, we found that employers in the city would hire us because the kids at our school were farm kids and we knew how to work and work hard. Then I went on to college and worked through that.

Hard work is what I know and enjoy. I did work for McDonalds and went to Hamburger U. I had to go there during my spring break in college. I moved on from McDonalds at the age of 20 and have no desire to go back. Sorry you work in such a bad economy, that there are no jobs, high minimum wages usually stifle economic growth.

Cool. Another nutter who thinks he works harder than others. Thanks for sharing your story about how great you are.

You really do think minimum wage workers are all idiots. You need to reconsider that approach if you wish to truly grasp the matter.

Do you have difficulty with reading comprehension? Where did I say all MW workers are idiots?

Liberals claim that if you pay them more, they will do a better job. That is clearly stupid. 15 dollars won't fix stupid.

OK. Let's ask directly.

What percentage of minimum wage workers do you think are idiots?

I wouldn't have any idea, but the actual number is irrelevant. The point, again, is that those people aren't going to suddenly smarter, nor are the lazy going to suddenly get motivated, because you doubled their salary. Get it yet?

Cool. Another nutter who thinks he works harder than others. Thanks for sharing your story about how great you are.

Did I say I work harder than anyone? My story isn't great it is simple, and it worked well for me. Sorry bub.

Conservatives always think they work harder than anyone else.

And you seem to whine a lot. Got a point?

Where is my whining?

Gee, where to start, whine about number 7, whine about the United States kids getting summers off. Whine about Indians, whine about getting a job at a freakin cafe and on and on. Whine about our country not giving workers $15, while you are stuck working at the Arches.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back