Ann Coulter says that Trump is done

Vanity Fair: What did you think of Donald Trump before this election cycle?

Ann Coulter: I probably thought what the Never Trumpers think of him now: I thought he was a tacky boor, I suppose, if you had asked me. I feel horrible saying that now, but I never thought of him. I just sort of saw the headlines. So I did not know that he was the kind of person who could actually believe things and was as patriotic as he seems to be, and wouldn’t back down.

You’re now one of his most vocal advocates. How did you gravitate toward him as a candidate?

I never thought that Trump was going to run for president; but I was very firmly on record, including in the book that I wrote before, Adios, America, as saying that Republicans should stop wasting their time with these novelty candidates. It’s not going to be a businessman; it is not going to be a talk radio host; it’s not going to be a member of Congress. Concentrate, we are wasting time, we are harming the eventual nominee. I mean, I am sorry, I love him, but Herman Cain was never going to be the nominee. It’s never going to be Duncan Hunter, who I supported. I thought the Republicans should just concentrate on governors—I had been haranguing Republican primary voters all this time . . .

Why were you so insistent on the nominee being a governor?

A governor of a big state has been vetted by the media. They know how to deal with the media—they are not going to go out and say stupid things, like talk about “legitimate rape” or calling a pregnancy resulting from rape “a gift from God.” No, we want somebody with more political skills who won’t back down when he comes under attack. He has to have been through the process before.

It turns out that all of the things I was looking for in a governor, Trump has even more. He has been vetted by the media, he has been attacked by the media his entire life, and is perfectly comfortable in front of a gaggle of microphones. Everything that you need that filter for, Trump has more of it than any cheesy governor. But still, was he going to stick it out?

Sure seems like she supported Trump to me. At least she did in 2016. Then she got to see what he really was...
I think Anne was correct in her assessment of Trump but became impatient. The Swamp was a lot more viscous than she thought, and the Rinos were not helpful. But Trump dragged them kicking and screaming to success...until the Pandemic. Even in that Warp Speed was amazing. Some states not so much.

Greg

The best thing that could happen to the Democrats is for the Republicans to nominate Trump in 2024.
Trump supporters are being thrown in jail and dying of COVID. There will be none left in 2024.
Thus leaving the presidency to be won by . . . who, exactly?

She's probably right. It took Trump to save us from Hillary...

... but anyone who can fog a mirror will be able to unseat Biden.

President Trump gave great service to America. He can stand down now.

Like I said...in the beginning she was ok with Trump... but a rino is a rino is a rino and her true colors soon appeared.;)
I think you are about right. I'm not sure she's a Rino but she went off the Trump train and frankly I've barely heard from her since.

Greg

1642470274588.png

I think so.

I think Anne was correct in her assessment of Trump but became impatient. The Swamp was a lot more viscous than she thought, and the Rinos were not helpful. But Trump dragged them kicking and screaming to success...until the Pandemic. Even in that Warp Speed was amazing. Some states not so much.

Greg
Trump also underestimated the depth and breadth of the deep state. It's a miracle that he was able to do as much as he did, with the entrenched bureaucracy opposing him at every turn.

she and Mitt Romney are like one.

what a POS both are.
I agree on Mitt but Anne? I'm reserving judgement on that BUT she needed to take aim at Ryan imo. She let him off the hook. Just spotted this.

She's been off my radar.

Greg

Coulter has a right to her opinion but why does the media continue to obsess about the former president when the current president might be "done"?

One can only hope she is right...

She's not.
Only a Trump low life would not be disgusted by the garbage thrown out by Flash.
Trump has gathered the lowest of the low into one group that would make a cesspool look good.

The worst your Democrats are the worst the Republicans must be huh? No matter your projection your opposition isn't reduced to you and yours.

Coulter has a right to her opinion but why does the media continue to obsess about the former president when the current president might be "done"?
Trump had a rally on Sunday. Do you think all he wants is your money?

Forum List

Back