Annoying Phrases People Use All the Time

'

"I love America" -- when uttered by people who are doing their damnedest to destroy civilized life in this country, and whose true allegiance is to violence, ignorance, totalitarianism, brainwashing and chaos and black night.

;

Damn. That noman really is just a stupid shit stain.

I'll bet he found that phrase annoying....

But I think you are ABSOLUTELY correct. LOL

Weird euphemisms for vomiting bug me a little.

"Blowing chunks, tossing cookies, shouting groceries, selling Buicks to Ralph", and so on...

"From the git-go"

what the heck is that ...I despise that expression.

:whip:

I'll bet he found that phrase annoying....
Iliar has Tourette's Syndrome.

I never look at his postings -- I just scroll past.

I don't waste time being annoyed by potty-mouths.

Being on this site is like living in the zoo -- you have to get used to the animals.

Last edited:
Give me a sammich ....intead of sandwich...

do not say that .... please??????

Annoying phrases people use all the time which you wish you never had to hear ever again. Anyone on board for this? A couple of examples, to get the ball rolling:

"No problem." A favorite phrase of waiters and waitresses, but often used by just about anyone. Setup: You say "thank you" to someone for doing something that you think is deserving of a thank you. The waiter notices your coffee cup is half empty, stops on his way to another table and fills it up. "Thanks!," you say. "No problem," says the waiter. Yetch. How about, "you're welcome"?

A better example. The waiter is taking your order and you have a special request. Because of dietary limitations, you can't eat butter. So you tell the waiter, "I want to make sure that this fish is cooked in fat free oil, not butter." Waiter: "No problem." No problem? Maybe yes, maybe no. Let's wait until the fish actually arrives to see whether or not there is "no problem." Hint: Most of the time, in spite of the waiter's bland assurances, there IS a problem - a huge problem.

"Sorry about that." This one comes to us from the 1960's television series, "Get Smart," specifically, from the star of that series, Agent 86 - Maxwell Smart. It is the calssic non-apology, because it trivializes whatever transgression has just been committed and makes it clear that the speaker does not consider what he/she just did as anything that it really deserving of an actual apology.

How about you? What are some phrases you find particularly annoying and why?

Every server I train is told to NEVER say "no problem".
It's "It would be our pleasure" or "My pleasure" or "You're very welcome"

To me, to say "No problem" implies that there should have been a problem

Last edited:
'

"I love America" -- when uttered by people who are doing their damnedest to destroy civilized life in this country, and whose true allegiance is to violence, ignorance, totalitarianism, brainwashing and chaos and black night.

Really. Let me figure it out from your actions...

Hearing some filthy fucking politician say that gives me the same vibe insecure women give off. Creepy doesn't touch it.

Literally.

"My eyes, like, literally popped out of my head".

Yeesh.

Could/should/would of instead of could/should/would have.

Yeesh.

Annoying phrases people use all the time which you wish you never had to hear ever again. Anyone on board for this? A couple of examples, to get the ball rolling:

"No problem." A favorite phrase of waiters and waitresses, but often used by just about anyone. Setup: You say "thank you" to someone for doing something that you think is deserving of a thank you. The waiter notices your coffee cup is half empty, stops on his way to another table and fills it up. "Thanks!," you say. "No problem," says the waiter. Yetch. How about, "you're welcome"?

A better example. The waiter is taking your order and you have a special request. Because of dietary limitations, you can't eat butter. So you tell the waiter, "I want to make sure that this fish is cooked in fat free oil, not butter." Waiter: "No problem." No problem? Maybe yes, maybe no. Let's wait until the fish actually arrives to see whether or not there is "no problem." Hint: Most of the time, in spite of the waiter's bland assurances, there IS a problem - a huge problem.

"Sorry about that." This one comes to us from the 1960's television series, "Get Smart," specifically, from the star of that series, Agent 86 - Maxwell Smart. It is the calssic non-apology, because it trivializes whatever transgression has just been committed and makes it clear that the speaker does not consider what he/she just did as anything that it really deserving of an actual apology.

I don't know if this happens all over the country, but while eating having the waitress come over and ask....

Are you still working on that?

I don't know if this happens all over the country, but while eating having the waitress come over and ask....

Are you still working on that?

LOL!!!!!

yeah, I'm still working on dat! ...... where is my chainsaw, come here :tongue:

yep, that is a hideous expression!

Customer to barber: "Use a number 2 on the back and sides, keep the top finger width, blended with sissors, round in the back, even off the side burns."

Barber to customer: "When did yo have your hair cut last?"

Last edited:

Forum List

Back