Another Celebrity Needs to be DixieChicked

Why do celebrities keep inserting themselves into politics?
Because Americans love pop-icons, prophets, and messiahs.

It all started (as memory has it) with John Lennon. It wasn't his fault (from the beginning) but by the time the seventies came, pop-stars and all sorts of celebrities were established as more-knowledgeable-than-anyone-else-on-the-planet when it comes to world events and its' conscience.

So now, speaking out on "whatever" is as compulsory to celebrities as it is to rock-stars faking "a good time" on stage and guitarists getting up close to each other for a phoney "Right on, brother! We're rockin!".

Pop stars? Maybe. But remember that politicians and "religious" actors have also been "established as more-knowledgeable-than-anyone-else-on-the-planet when it comes to world events and its' conscience." You might not have liked John Lennon, but what is your basis for liking someone like frankie graham or whatever pope is in? These are all just people like ourselves, who think that they know more than the rest of us. I prefer Bob Dylan's words: "don't follow leaders, watch your parking meters."
Just allow half the entertainment people to promote their politics instead of destroying them. We need two of each show now.
What does this mean? While not knowing exactly what you mean, why just the "entertainment people"? How about people in the political and religious industries doing the same thing?
People in the religious areas have their own stations. What political industries do non Progs have excepting a few people on FOX and a few radio hosts? Practically every program made today pushes Prog agendas at least subtly. Religious stations may never have existed if they were not around before the near total Prog takeover of the media market.

<< Pop megastar and left-wing activist Taylor Swift took a not-so-sublte shot at President Donald Trump’s administration on Monday night from the stage of the 36th annual MTV Video Music Awards.
“I just want to say that this is a fan-voted award. So, I first want to say thank you to the fans because in this video, several points were made, so you voting for this video means that you want a world where we’re all treated equally,” Taylor Swift said during her acceptance speech for video of the year for her politically charged video “You Need to Calm Down.”

“Regardless of who we are, regardless of how we identify, at the end of this video there was a petition — and there still is a petition for the Equality Act, which basically just says we all deserve equal rights under the law,” the Grammy-winner continued, before taking a swipe at the administration. >>
Video: Taylor Swift Targets Trump White House at MTV VMAs

She is a no body. Who was watching the VMA? Taylor Swift needs Donald Trump. She is trying to do what Colbert did for a career boost. Let her swipe. It's already forgotten.

How is what she did any different than what Ted Nugent does?

She was polite, didn't use vulgar language and most importantly, at least to the radical right, she didn't say what the radical right wanted to hear.

<< Pop megastar and left-wing activist Taylor Swift took a not-so-sublte shot at President Donald Trump’s administration on Monday night from the stage of the 36th annual MTV Video Music Awards.
“I just want to say that this is a fan-voted award. So, I first want to say thank you to the fans because in this video, several points were made, so you voting for this video means that you want a world where we’re all treated equally,” Taylor Swift said during her acceptance speech for video of the year for her politically charged video “You Need to Calm Down.”

“Regardless of who we are, regardless of how we identify, at the end of this video there was a petition — and there still is a petition for the Equality Act, which basically just says we all deserve equal rights under the law,” the Grammy-winner continued, before taking a swipe at the administration. >>
Video: Taylor Swift Targets Trump White House at MTV VMAs

She is a no body. Who was watching the VMA? Taylor Swift needs Donald Trump. She is trying to do what Colbert did for a career boost. Let her swipe. It's already forgotten.
How is what she did any different than what Ted Nugent does?

or kidd rock
or clint eastwood
or tim allan
or kelsey grammer

Because Americans love pop-icons, prophets, and messiahs.

It all started (as memory has it) with John Lennon. It wasn't his fault (from the beginning) but by the time the seventies came, pop-stars and all sorts of celebrities were established as more-knowledgeable-than-anyone-else-on-the-planet when it comes to world events and its' conscience.

So now, speaking out on "whatever" is as compulsory to celebrities as it is to rock-stars faking "a good time" on stage and guitarists getting up close to each other for a phoney "Right on, brother! We're rockin!".

No it didn't. It started before the 70s.

If you were alive in the 60s you would have heard tons of anti war and anti LBJ songs and chants.

The most memorable chant was Hey Hey LBJ, how many kids did you kill today? And One, Two, Three, Four, We don't want your fuckin war.

If you turned on your radio you would have heard songs like For What It's Worth by The Buffalo Springfield with Steve Stills singing about how the government oppressed the war protesters.

It was recorded in 1966 and was on the radio in 1967:

The Beatles stared singing and speaking out against the war in their songs in the 60s too.

Then there's Bob Dylan who wrote and released many anti war and government songs in the 60s.

In fact there were tons of anti war and anti government songs in the 60s.

It didn't start in the 70s.

Damn, I’m surprised to hear that...I thought you Lefties hated money and those with it...No?
So you can’t give two fucks about the kind of human being your daughter becomes so long as she acquires enough wealth..huh?

You are further left than I am and I happen to be very fond of money.
Her only crime is having a different political point of view than you. She has done nothing to be labeled a terrible human being. She has given more to charities than you will make in your lifetime of being a slumlord. She has worked with the governor of her home state to combat sexual predators on the Internet . So yeah, I bet her parents are damn proud of her.

But she is not a certified Trump worshiper so to you she is evil.

You are such a piece of shit

Thanks...anytime a disturbed Lefty refers to me as a “piece of shit” I know for fact that my positions are on point.
One can be wealthy and do good some things while being a twisted fucked in the head weirdo...you know this...right?

Other than not worshiping your god in the White House, what is twisted and fucked up in the head about Taylor Swift?

Playing stupid is not a refutation. This isn’t about politics bud.
The dirty rug munching whore is completely Californicated...NO legit parent can be proud of that...NONE!

BEFORE MIND VIRUS
ab20abb67cb7a85cec1742802fea05ef.jpg

AFTER MIND VIRUS
Easter-Eggs-Taylor-Swift-You-Need-Calm-Down-Video.jpg

Are you starting to get it now?

Oh....now I get it! She is standing next to a black man! No wonder you hate her so much!

So it is not about her saying something sort of mean about your god, it is about the audacity of her standing next to a black man.

I don’t listen to Swift, I also don’t really care what her politics are. I feel the same about Ted Nugent. Most are self absorbed and take themselves way to seriously, they are only entertainers, not much else.

I don't listen to her music either. She started out in country western and I so don't like that music then she went to the music she's doing now which is mostly bubble gum drivel.

However I do like that song You Need To Calm Down.

I've worked with ted nugent. He's nothing like Ms. Swift. He's a rude and angry man. All he did backstage was rant about liberals and insult everyone .

On top of he's deadbeat. He tried to stiff me on his bill with me. He had no problem calling me names and insulting me and people like me but when it came to my photography, he and his manager insisted that I take photos. I didn't want to but ended up doing it just to shut them up.

I worked with that man once. Never again.

He never learned to not insult your fans or the photographer they beg to cover the show.

While I don't like the man, I like his music. I always have. He's a gifted musician and guitar player. While I don't like him and would never work with him again, I listen to and enjoy his music.

I don't let personalities or politics get in the way of good music.

Last edited:
I don’t listen to Swift, I also don’t really care what her politics are. I feel the same about Ted Nugent. Most are self absorbed and take themselves way to seriously, they are only entertainers, not much else.

I don't listen to her music either. She started out I country western and I so don't like that music then she went to the music she's doing now which is mostly bubble gum drivel.

However I do like that song You Need To Calm Down.

I've worked with ted nugent. He's nothing like Ms. Swift. He's a rude and angry man. All he did backstage was rant about liberals and insult everyone .

On top of he's deadbeat. He tried to stiff me on his bill with me. He had no problem calling me names and insulting me and people like me but when it came to my photography, he and his manager insisted that I take photos. I didn't want to but ended up doing it just to shut them up.

I worked with that man once. Never again.

He never learned to not insult your fans or the photographer they beg to cover the show.

While I don't like the man, I like his music. I always have. He's a gifted musician and guitar player. While I don't like him and would never work with him again, I listen to and enjoy his music.

I don't let personalities or politics get in the way of good music.

fortunately for me I do not like nugent OR his music.

So lets get this straight a women arranges a petition asking the white house about being treated equally in law...

Now she is the enemy...

Fair enough...

Could all women now know that the White House considers you second class citizens...

That's what they're upset about?

A petition?

Can't get more democratic than a petition from the people.

Wow, Ms. Swift is right. These people need to calm down.

They need to get lives and leave everyone else alone.

Damn, I’m surprised to hear that...I thought you Lefties hated money and those with it...No?
So you can’t give two fucks about the kind of human being your daughter becomes so long as she acquires enough wealth..huh?

Her only crime is having a different political point of view than you. She has done nothing to be labeled a terrible human being. She has given more to charities than you will make in your lifetime of being a slumlord. She has worked with the governor of her home state to combat sexual predators on the Internet . So yeah, I bet her parents are damn proud of her.

Thanks...anytime a disturbed Lefty refers to me as a “piece of shit” I know for fact that my positions are on point.
One can be wealthy and do good some things while being a twisted fucked in the head weirdo...you know this...right?

Other than not worshiping your god in the White House, what is twisted and fucked up in the head about Taylor Swift?

The dirty rug munching whore is completely Californicated...NO legit parent can be proud of that...NONE!

BEFORE MIND VIRUS

AFTER MIND VIRUS

Oh....now I get it! She is standing next to a black man! No wonder you hate her so much!

So it is not about her saying something sort of mean about your god, it is about the audacity of her standing next to a black man.

Again, playing stupid is not a refutation.
Further, how can you be sure that thing is a man?
That’s pretty fucked of you to identify it...isn’t it?

BEFORE MIND VIRUS

AFTER MIND VIRUS

You know I am correct, your racism always overrides all else in your life.

BEFORE MIND VIRUS

AFTER MIND VIRUS

This is the fault of the Orange Virus'? Well I'll be damned!

BEFORE MIND VIRUS

AFTER MIND VIRUS

Cool, start a thread about my racism...I’ll play along.
This one is about Taylor Swift...Her parents, old fashioned farmers from Pennsylvania have watched their daughter turn full fucking Loon...I’m sure they’re ashamed of her. Good, legit parents can’t give two fucks about the wealth...character, decency, morality, always TRUMPS wealth when it comes to our children. You wouldn’t understand.

I’m still wondering what “rights” these LGBTQ fags don’t have that the rest of us do. She didn’t bother to go into those details.

BEFORE MIND VIRUS

AFTER MIND VIRUS

Cool, start a thread about my racism...I’ll play along.
This one is about Taylor Swift...Her parents, old fashioned farmers from Pennsylvania have watched their daughter turn full fucking Loon...I’m sure they’re ashamed of her. Good, legit parents can’t give two fucks about the wealth...character, decency, morality, always TRUMPS wealth when it comes to our children. You wouldn’t understand.

Inside Taylor Swift's Tight Bond With Her Parents

Forum List

Back