Another Poor Job Growth Month, But Government Math Will LOWER the Unemployment Rate!!

Goddamn pubs need to get out of the way. All they do is suck up money and do nothing in return.

941848_590115447676991_284856198_n.jpg

Survey: U.S. private employers add 135K jobs in May - DailyHerald.com

The job numbers and growth are low, but I bet dollars to doughnutz come Friday government math with lower the unemployment rate! It's god damn disgusting the faux reporting on unemployment!

Well, Obama's U6 unemployment at 14% is almost double what it was before the recession.

There is no hiding the worst numbers since the Great Depression, the last time liberals had free rein over our economy.

The job numbers and growth are low, but I bet dollars to doughnutz come Friday government math with lower the unemployment rate! It's god damn disgusting the faux reporting on unemployment!

Well, Obama's U6 unemployment at 14% is almost double what it was before the recession.

Explain again how 14 is "almost double" 8. My son is in first grade, but even he knows that that's not even close to true.

Explain again how 14 is "almost double" 8. My son is in first grade, but even he knows that that's not even close to true.

Dude.......you're not being serious.....are you?

Dude.......you're not being serious.....are you?

Absolutely....Ed has consistantly exaggerated and distorted numbers and then tap-dances when caught out.

The U-6 averaged 8.3% in 2007. When the Recession started in Dec 2007, the U-6 was 8.8%. The low that year was 8% (in March). In January 2009, when Obama took office, it was 14.2%. In other threads, Ed tried to say the U-6 doubled under Obama, but then changed that to doubled since before the Recession. It's currently 13.9% (that'll change tomorrow when the May numbers come out).

Double the U-6 when the recession started would be 17.6 (which it never reached). Double the average of 2007 would be 16.6 which it was from the last half of 2009 til the end of 2010. But it's nowhere near that now. And even being generous and granting him the lowest U-6 for 2007, that would be 16.

There is no hiding the worst numbers since the Great Depression, the last time liberals had free rein over our economy.

Sure there is! The media never reports that number only the faux unemployment number!

And why wouldn't you expect the rate to go down with increased employment? It can go up, of course, but that would be a good sign as it would mean a large number of people re-entering the labor force.

Nice try, but the facts remain that over the last 8-10 years (yep going back to Bush) more BREADWINNERS have been systematically removed from the workforce and more people have lost their jobs than people who found jobs.

And why wouldn't you expect the rate to go down with increased employment? It can go up, of course, but that would be a good sign as it would mean a large number of people re-entering the labor force.

Nice try, but the facts remain that over the last 8-10 years (yep going back to Bush) more BREADWINNERS have been systematically removed from the workforce
How is someone removed from the workforce? And by whom?

and more people have lost their jobs than people who found jobs.
Well, yeah. Who's claiming employment or jobs has risen above pre-recession levels? You're arguing against something no one is claiming.

And I note you didn't answer how increased employment shouldn't lower the UE rate (unless a large number of people enter/re-enter the labor force.

Last edited:

Nice try, but the facts remain that over the last 8-10 years (yep going back to Bush) more BREADWINNERS have been systematically removed from the workforce
How is someone removed from the workforce? And by whom?

Are you just dense or a liberal hack, seriously how many times do you need this explained to you?

The Faux unemployment number only looks at people who have looked for work in the last 4 weeks. If you haven't then they determine you have removed yourself from the work force. That little accounting move has a positive effect on the unemployment number. They are ineffect counted as employed!

The Faux unemployment number only looks at people who have looked for work in the last 4 weeks.
Right.
If you haven't then they determine you have removed yourself from the work force.
I'm sorry, it seems you're claiming they do that on a by-name or individual basis. Surely that's not what you meant? I'm not sure you understand how the numbers are collected.

That little accounting move has a positive effect on the unemployment number.
Not necessarily, but usually, yes.

They are ineffect counted as employed!
How do you figure? they're classified as neither employed nor unemployed and are out of the equation altogether.

Last edited:
Obama will be remembered as a worse President than Bush. Much like Bush Obama will destroy himself in his second term. In fact, Obama already is destroying himself, he even lost the Democrat party around 7 million voters last election, ran a deficit of 4 million.

Forum List

Back