Another Repub heads for exit.

Trumpists aren’t right wingers. They’re populist cultists. The people abandoning the Republican Party aren’t right wingers either… they’re centrist to liberal scum. There is no real Right Wing political organization in this country.

I actually agree with the last sentence of this post.

Then I noticed that the poster has 60 people on his ignore list. Proof positive that the far right fascists won't tolerate anyone disagreeing with them.

Every day, in every way, the far right posters on this board prove to the world, they are just as short sighted and unyielding as they could possibly be.

Throughout my life, I have always questioned and challenged my beliefs, and looked at other points of view. It has enriched my life, by broadening both my horizons and my options. Your firmly held beliefs can't be up to much if they cannot be challenged or questioned - ever.

Every day, in every way, the far right posters on this board prove to the world, they are just as short sighted and unyielding as they could possibly be.
I maintain that this is the result of literally three to four decades of conditioning by voices they trust. It began with Limbaugh and talk radio, added to it with Fox News, and then finished with the internet.

Every voice they trust is completely one-sided, and steals from them one of a person's most imporant qualities: Curiosity. An intense ideology like this robs a person of their fundamental human curiosity because it provides all the answers. That's what creates the short-sightedness and unyielding nature you describe.

It's especially frustrating for people like me, because I have several general agreements with them on issues. But this binary, caveman approach they apply to any given problem and situation simply cannot work in the long term. Unfortunately, their thought process are too calcified for them to see it.

So in November you have a choice of
Trump
Biden

Knowing that if Biden wins we get another 4-years of Leftist policies. So choose carefully...
I’ll do exactly what I’ve done multiple time before… vote third party or what I did in 2030 and write in my own name. Trump willl not be able to be effective without Trumpist majorities in both houses. We saw that the last time around.
I'm a fiscal conservative. No one is a fiscal conservative anymore, they all spend like drunk sailors
Exactly. That’s part of why I have no use for either party.

As long as he controls the House - YES!
Too funny. Nothing will change if Trump gets elected. He’s no different from Genocide Joe on nearly all major policy issues. Somehow uniparty supporters can’t see this.

I’ll do exactly what I’ve done multiple time before… vote third party or what I did in 2030 and write in my own name. Trump will not be able to be effective without Trumpist majorities in both houses. We saw that the last time around.
Exactly. That’s part of why I have no use for either party.
The dollar is on the verge of collapse. We either get austere or the dollar collapses.
Trump should get majorities in both Houses if the polls are close, maybe not 60 in the Senate, but a working majority in the House.

I actually agree with the last sentence of this post.

Then I noticed that the poster has 60 people on his ignore list. Proof positive that the far right fascists won't tolerate anyone disagreeing with them
I DO tolerate them. I just refuse to listen to them or their rubbish.
Yep, and we revel in our unwilyto compromise with people who are wrong on every level.
Throughout my life, I have always questioned and challenged my beliefs, and looked at other points of view. It has enriched my life, by broadening both my horizons and my options. Your firmly held beliefs can't be up to much if they cannot be challenged or questioned - ever
I have SEVERE anger management issues. It is in everyone’s best interest that I avoid arguments and disagreements as much as possible. Especially since I’m generally armed.

So in November you have a choice of
Trump
Biden

Knowing that if Biden wins we get another 4-years of Leftist policies. So choose carefully...

I'm a fiscal conservative. No one is a fiscal conservative anymore, they all spend like drunk sailors.

How can you be a fiscal conservative and vote for Republicans? They're the ones who say that "Deficits don't matter" when they have the White House, and they call deficits the end of the US economy as you know it, when they don't.

The Republican Party over the past 40 years has been a beacon of fiscal irresponsibility and they're already talking about cutting taxes AGAIN.

The dollar is on the verge of collapse. We either get austere or the dollar collapses.
Trump should get majorities in both Houses if the polls are close, maybe not 60 in the Senate, but a working majority in the House.

BULLSHIT! Your dollar is nowhere NEAR collapsing.

And if it was, the last person who should be President is the "King of Debt" who personally added 25% to the national debt in just 4 years.

Trump will see the Republican Party wiped off the face of the earth this election on two issues: Abortion and the Economy.

Trump should get majorities in both Houses if the polls are close, maybe not 60 in the Senate, but a working majority in the House
I’m not an economics guy. So far as my paycheck covers our bills I’m good. I do know my check doesn’t go as far these days but that’s it.

There will not be Trumpist majorities in either house. The Republicans may hold the House but probably not the Senate.

The people abandoning the Republican Party aren’t right wingers either… they’re centrist to liberal scum.
If you knew anything about Ken Buck or Mike Gallagher's politics you wouldn't be making that ridiculous claim. Especially Buck, who is as conservative as they come. They are leaving because the GOP has become the POT. A party with no interest in governing. Only blocking the agenda the majority of Americans supports.

How can you be a fiscal conservative and vote for Republicans? They're the ones who say that "Deficits don't matter" when they have the White House, and they call deficits the end of the US economy as you know it, when they don't.

The Republican Party over the past 40 years has been a beacon of fiscal irresponsibility and they're already talking about cutting taxes AGAIN
There are no fiscal conservatives in either party. We could cut 70% of the budget simply be enforcing Article I, Section 8 of the Constitution. THST is what I consider fiscal conservatism.

The Republican Party over the past 40 years has been a beacon of fiscal irresponsibility and they're already talking about cutting taxes AGAIN.
Yep. Totally agree with your post. No one in DC is fiscally responsible.

BUT, democrats spend even more. Here are the recent budgets:
Biden’s 2024 Budget request $7.3T with a $2.0T deficit
Biden's 2023 Budget was $6.13T with a $1.7T deficit
Biden's 2022 Budget was $6.27T with a $1.4T deficit
Biden's 2021 Budget was $6.82T with a $2.8T deficit
Trump's 2020 Budget was $6.55T with a $3.1T deficit
Trump's 2019 Budget was $4.40T with a $0.9T deficit
Trump's 2018 Budget was $4.10T with a $0.8T deficit
Trump's 2017 Budget was $4.00T with a $0.5T deficit

I maintain that this is the result of literally three to four decades of conditioning by voices they trust. It began with Limbaugh and talk radio, added to it with Fox News, and then finished with the internet.

Every voice they trust is completely one-sided, and steals from them one of a person's most imporant qualities: Curiosity. An intense ideology like this robs a person of their fundamental human curiosity because it provides all the answers. That's what creates the short-sightedness and unyielding nature you describe.

It's especially frustrating for people like me, because I have several general agreements with them on issues. But this binary, caveman approach they apply to any given problem and situation simply cannot work in the long term. Unfortunately, their thought process are too calcified for them to see it.
Limbaugh and Fox news. Everything else is Prog dominated. There was a market for a nationally syndicated Conservative commentator. Prog radio commentators did not fare as well. There were local political commentators though. We constantly see Prog political comments. Just look at the award shows. Comments reach people. Prog agendas are now slowly to wreak havoc in certain communities as the money is stretched thinner. The city riots hurt the communities affected more than anyone else. And they will live with it permanently at this point unless changes are made.

If you knew anything about Ken Buck or Mike Gallagher's politics you wouldn't be making that ridiculous claim. Especially Buck, who is as conservative as they come
So they’re about turning this country Isolationist, Nationalist, Misogynist, and Authoritarian? I don’t think so.

Last edited:
BULLSHIT! Your dollar is nowhere NEAR collapsing.
And if it was, the last person who should be President is the "King of Debt" who personally added 25% to the national debt in just 4 years.
Trump will see the Republican Party wiped off the face of the earth this election on two issues: Abortion and the Economy.
1. Sooner rather than later the US dollar will be rated JUNK

2. We wish we could go back to the Trump Budgets:

3. Biden will add close to what Trump added to the $34T DEBT

4. Look at the polls. Trump is just fine. Biden is unelectable.

Yep. Totally agree with your post. No one in DC is fiscally responsible.

BUT, democrats spend even more. Here are the recent budgets:
Simplistic.

If you're so into fiscal stuff, I suggest you read

The International Business Times noted that the book's contents "may surprise some partisans, and challenge classic Red vs. Blue orthodoxy."[4] The Herald commented that much of the book's findings were favorable towards Democrats rather than Republicans, which they found interesting.​

As I recall, Dem administrations ranked better on 10 of 12 criteria.

Limbaugh and Fox news. Everything else is Prog dominated. There was a market for a nationally syndicated Conservative commentator. Prog radio commentators did not fare as well. There were local political commentators though. We constantly see Prog political comments. Just look at the award shows. Comments reach people. Prog agendas are now slowly to wreak havoc in certain communities as the money is stretched thinner. The city riots hurt the communities affected more than anyone else. And they will live with it permanently at this point unless changes are made.
Whatever his intentions were when Murdoch first launched Faux it has become the media source most responsible for widespread disinformation among conservatives. To the point where they have stopped being able to see reality in its true form.

So they’re about turning this country Isolationist, Nationalist, Misogynist, and Authoritarian? I don’t think so.
What you just described has nothing to do with traditional conservatism. What you described is Trumpery.

Forum List

Back