Anti-homeschooling bill defeated in California

Get on topic and cease trolling me.

Then choke on this....home schooled students kick your precious public schooled student's ass. You jack wads just can't fathom you can't get your grimy paws on them

In 2014, around 1.7 million students (mostly high school juniors and seniors) participated in the SAT exam. Administered by the College Board, the SAT is a reasoning test that assesses college-bound students in three main subjects: critical reading, mathematics, and writing. The SAT and the ACT are considered to make up the vast majority of college entrance exams for American students.

NHERI found that 13,549 home school seniors participated in the 2014 SAT. Of those seniors, home schoolers scored an average of 567 in critical reading, 521 in mathematics, and 535 in writing. In comparison, the average SAT scores for all 2014 high school seniors were 497 in critical reading, 513 in mathematics, and 487 in writing.

How Today’s Homeschoolers are Doing on the SAT

Your propaganda comes from a home-skoolin' advocacy site. Dismissed.

Some home-skooled kids do better - some worse .. it depends on the teacher. Most parents are NOT qualified.

What is consistent is that home-skooled children are socially underdeveloped.

Missed the references link didn't ya, douche bag?

References

College Board. (2014a). SAT 2014 college-bound seniors state profile report, U.S. home school students. New York, NY: Author.

College Board. (2014b). SAT 2014 college-bound seniors total group profile report, total group. New York, NY: Author. Retrieved June 7, 2016 from https://secure-media.collegeboard.org/digitalServices/pdf/sat/TotalGroup-2014.pdf

Gloeckner, Gene W., & Jones, Paul. (2013). Reflections on a decade of changes in homeschooling and homeschooled into higher education. Peabody Journal of Education, 88(3), 309-323.

Murphy, Joseph. (2012). Homeschooling in America: Capturing and assessing the movement. Thousand Oaks, CA: Corwin, a Sage Company.

Ray, Brian D., & Eagleson, Bruce K. (2008, August 14). State regulation of homeschooling and homeschoolers’ SAT scores. Journal of Academic Leadership, 6(3). Retrieved March 4, 2013 fromCONTENTdm

2014 College Board Program Results: SAT

Those are some real unbiased sources you have there. When are you going to learn that most people are smart enough to spot asinine attempts to pull the wool over people's eyes like you just tried?

Homeschooling is great for some kids. I just don't agree with all of the homeschooling parents who break their own arms by patting themselves on the back for providing bullshit excuses of my they should be worshipped and provided tax relief for doing what the government already provides. If you want a private education for your kids, pay for it. If you want a home-schooled education for your kids, homeschool. Just don't expect me to pay more taxes for your decisions.
65% of Public School 8th Graders Not Proficient in Reading; 67% Not Proficient in Math

Your point is?

Take hundreds of thousands of poor Detroit students and average them in with hundreds of thousands of other Michigan students, what will your percentages look like?

Most people, apparently including you, suck at statistics.

Then choke on this....home schooled students kick your precious public schooled student's ass. You jack wads just can't fathom you can't get your grimy paws on them

In 2014, around 1.7 million students (mostly high school juniors and seniors) participated in the SAT exam. Administered by the College Board, the SAT is a reasoning test that assesses college-bound students in three main subjects: critical reading, mathematics, and writing. The SAT and the ACT are considered to make up the vast majority of college entrance exams for American students.

NHERI found that 13,549 home school seniors participated in the 2014 SAT. Of those seniors, home schoolers scored an average of 567 in critical reading, 521 in mathematics, and 535 in writing. In comparison, the average SAT scores for all 2014 high school seniors were 497 in critical reading, 513 in mathematics, and 487 in writing.

Some home-skooled kids do better - some worse .. it depends on the teacher. Most parents are NOT qualified.

References

College Board. (2014a). SAT 2014 college-bound seniors state profile report, U.S. home school students. New York, NY: Author.

College Board. (2014b). SAT 2014 college-bound seniors total group profile report, total group. New York, NY: Author. Retrieved June 7, 2016 from https://secure-media.collegeboard.org/digitalServices/pdf/sat/TotalGroup-2014.pdf

Gloeckner, Gene W., & Jones, Paul. (2013). Reflections on a decade of changes in homeschooling and homeschooled into higher education. Peabody Journal of Education, 88(3), 309-323.

Murphy, Joseph. (2012). Homeschooling in America: Capturing and assessing the movement. Thousand Oaks, CA: Corwin, a Sage Company.

Ray, Brian D., & Eagleson, Bruce K. (2008, August 14). State regulation of homeschooling and homeschoolers’ SAT scores. Journal of Academic Leadership, 6(3). Retrieved March 4, 2013 fromCONTENTdm

Those are some real unbiased sources you have there. When are you going to learn that most people are smart enough to spot asinine attempts to pull the wool over people's eyes like you just tried?

Homeschooling is great for some kids. I just don't agree with all of the homeschooling parents who break their own arms by patting themselves on the back for providing bullshit excuses of my they should be worshipped and provided tax relief for doing what the government already provides. If you want a private education for your kids, pay for it. If you want a home-schooled education for your kids, homeschool. Just don't expect me to pay more taxes for your decisions.
65% of Public School 8th Graders Not Proficient in Reading; 67% Not Proficient in Math

Your point is?

Take hundreds of thousands of poor Detroit students and average them in with hundreds of thousands of other Michigan students, what will your percentages look like?

Most people, apparently including you, suck at statistics.

Poor you trying to defend the failure of public education..

Will you get angry again and call my husband a wife beater?

References

If you want a private education for your kids, pay for it. If you want a home-schooled education for your kids, homeschool. Just don't expect me to pay more taxes for your decisions

I don't understand your complaint, all it is a voucher program..

References

If you want a private education for your kids, pay for it. If you want a home-schooled education for your kids, homeschool. Just don't expect me to pay more taxes for your decisions

I don't understand your complaint, all it is a voucher program..

That's the point, it's the parent's right to choose and government needs to sit down. It's nobody but the parent's descion.

Not to worry then Sassy - Nobody is going to take away your "degree" from Cletus University :D

xi18xUB.png

The SAT is not required for neither all public school nor home school students. so your point is baseless.

For every home schooled students who made that 521/535 SAT score, there is probably another that cannot spell their own name correctly, but had parents smart enough not to embarrass themselves.

Yeah and public schools are turning out droves of students that don't know math, English, etc. So your point is just as baseless

Homeschoolers do the same thing, but are not held to any standard.

If you could have only seen the homeschoolers who were enrolled in public school after their parents failed to educate them, you would only support the highest standards for them to meet. I had Algebra students who could not add, subtract, multiply or divide, yet I had to teach them.

Well it's not like you're biased or anything. Lol

I am not biased. I know the truth because I saw it, up close and personal.

You can't say the same.

I don't know what California wanted. The fire inspection thing was nuts. Knowing the names of the homeschoolers was the thing that had me scratching my head. In Maine, you need to notify your school district if you are homeschooling. All children 7 and older have to be enrolled in school or getting educated at home; it's a law.
California doesn't have such a law? They can't just ask the schools for the names of the kids being homeschooled?
The other thing is, why do they want the names? Don't they think the school districts can keep track?
Progressives are stupid fuckers...

The SAT is not required for neither all public school nor home school students. so your point is baseless.

For every home schooled students who made that 521/535 SAT score, there is probably another that cannot spell their own name correctly, but had parents smart enough not to embarrass themselves.

Yeah and public schools are turning out droves of students that don't know math, English, etc. So your point is just as baseless

Homeschoolers do the same thing, but are not held to any standard.

If you could have only seen the homeschoolers who were enrolled in public school after their parents failed to educate them, you would only support the highest standards for them to meet. I had Algebra students who could not add, subtract, multiply or divide, yet I had to teach them.

Well it's not like you're biased or anything. Lol

I am not biased. I know the truth because I saw it, up close and personal.

You can't say the same.

You don't know what I've seen. Cease thinking you do.

There are successes and failures in public schools, private schools and home schools.

Which begs the question, if they aren’t receiving benefits, why would children need to be registered with the state?
The local school districts should be doing all of that. It's only possible to be accurate at the community level. The school is the one who needs to know there is a kid out there getting schooled at home. I think they should be REQUIRED to take standardized tests every so many years, with their class, to make sure they're actually getting educated, but otherwise, the school doesn't need to get involved. Around here, a lot of homeschooled kids participate in sports and band, etc. at their local school. The homeschool parents get together and do field trips and get togethers so the kids have opportunities to socialize, as well. It can be a good thing if the parents aren't keeping them out of school to avoid Child Protective or because they're too lazy to get out of bed and get the kids ready.
Public schools are gun free zones, The less kids in those places means less danger.
Mass shooters love gun free zones...

Home schooling has been used largely as a way for evangelicals, the fakest of 'christians', to be able to teach their kids the world is 6,000 years old rather than 4.5 billion and Jesus rode dinosaurs. Among a list of things that are nonsense.

The more fanatical red states have started voting to have taxpayer money paid to homeschooling parents. Home school if you want but pay for it yourself. Stop asking the public to pad your bank account.
You are a typical control freak... Get the fuck out of people’s personal lives you sick motherfucker

The more fanatical red states have started voting to have taxpayer money paid to homeschooling parents. Home school if you want but pay for it yourself. Stop asking the public to pad your bank account.

I'd be fine with that and in return homeschooling parents can be exempt from paying taxes to to the public school system.
Then since I have no school aged kids, I should be as well, right?
Yes, Paying into a pool for anything is a fucking waste of time and money...
It is abused 100% of the time

I'd be fine with that and in return homeschooling parents can be exempt from paying taxes to to the public school system.
No...because we as a society all benefit from public schools even if our own kids don't go or we don't have kids....just like we all pay into roads we may never drive on or police/fire personnel we may never use.
Hence the corruption...

Why is that wrong? Don't private schools get to pick and choose?

Their house, their rules :290968001256257790-final:

That is dishonest.

When you private schoolers run around citing how great your schools are doing compared to public school, at lreasdrt have the honesty to be outright with the facts.

Obviously, when the private school only accepts the best students, its outcomes will be better than the public schools which must educate all comers.

This is why you are such a fraud.

I simply stated a fact, for your information if a parent has the tuition most any private school will accept their child...as long as they meet and sustain the school's guidelines and rules. There are students who struggle at our children's schools, there are bullies, etc but the difference is the schools are not bound to tolerate that shit, straighten up, fly right or try another school
Nope...private schools get to pick and choose who they will accept, Mal. And everyone private school around here include in their guidelines and rules that parents HAVE TO volunteer a certain amount of time at the school and in fundraising in order for their child to remain at that school.

Public schools as they stand right now, have no such power.

You don't have the first clue. Of course you've most likely never dealt with a private school so it's expected

Bodecea is 100% correct and you should be embarrassed that you are wrong, Ms. "My kids go to private schools".

funny I pay for the tax exemption that Donald gave to owners of private planes

and I pay for the taxes that funded two unnecessary wars based on baby bush's lies.

go figure.
And I pay for a ton of socialist entitlement programs I will never use… So fuck off you whiny little bitch

Sorry taxes don't work that way. Don't ever call the cops or the fire department? Cool, you pay anyway.

Nice try.
Vouchers fix all of that. Give the kid a check, spend at a public school, private school or keep it yourself to home school.

Vouchers are how people want taxpayers to pay them to teach their religion to their children at home. Not all but most, that is how the whole home schooling thing got started.

No problem with teaching your kids at home just don't ask the taxpayers to pay you like a public school teacher. You aren't.
Says who?
Progressives can’t teach worth of fucking shit asswipe

Just keep your noses out of it government. Just more government over reach and privacy intrusion

SACRAMENTO
—They came by the hundreds, perhaps thousands, easily exceeding the capacity of the legislative committee hearing room and making their presence felt throughout the State Capitol. And at the end of a very long day, homeschooling families scored a major victory — defeat of a bill with serious privacy and safety implications.

For more than three hours, families and freedom advocates streamed in front of microphones to state their opposition to California State Assembly Bill 2756. Pacific Justice Institute was also represented and voiced its opposition. Large numbers of opponents made the trek from Southern California, the Bay Area, and every other part of the state. The opponents included a number of professionals, state-credentialed teachers, and self-described progressives and liberal Democrats.

So, we should allow children to be educated by dumbass uneducated people? Really?

What kind of parent thinks they know enough?
And our public schools do so well… LOL

Just keep your noses out of it government. Just more government over reach and privacy intrusion

SACRAMENTO
—They came by the hundreds, perhaps thousands, easily exceeding the capacity of the legislative committee hearing room and making their presence felt throughout the State Capitol. And at the end of a very long day, homeschooling families scored a major victory — defeat of a bill with serious privacy and safety implications.

For more than three hours, families and freedom advocates streamed in front of microphones to state their opposition to California State Assembly Bill 2756. Pacific Justice Institute was also represented and voiced its opposition. Large numbers of opponents made the trek from Southern California, the Bay Area, and every other part of the state. The opponents included a number of professionals, state-credentialed teachers, and self-described progressives and liberal Democrats.

So, we should allow children to be educated by dumbass uneducated people? Really?

There are over 1.5 million homeschooled children and the numbers are growing. They do just as well as public schooled in testing
So you say, Mal. Where is the evidence of that being true? ( I will add, do special ed homeschooled children get tested at age/grade level like public school special ed students get tested? Do low English Level Learners who speak a different language at home who are homeschooled get tested at age/grade level like public school ELL students get tested?)
Homeschooling exceeds public schooling most every time...

Their house, their rules :290968001256257790-final:

That is dishonest.

When you private schoolers run around citing how great your schools are doing compared to public school, at lreasdrt have the honesty to be outright with the facts.

Obviously, when the private school only accepts the best students, its outcomes will be better than the public schools which must educate all comers.

This is why you are such a fraud.

I simply stated a fact, for your information if a parent has the tuition most any private school will accept their child...as long as they meet and sustain the school's guidelines and rules. There are students who struggle at our children's schools, there are bullies, etc but the difference is the schools are not bound to tolerate that shit, straighten up, fly right or try another school
Nope...private schools get to pick and choose who they will accept, Mal. And everyone private school around here include in their guidelines and rules that parents HAVE TO volunteer a certain amount of time at the school and in fundraising in order for their child to remain at that school.

Public schools as they stand right now, have no such power.

You don't have the first clue. Of course you've most likely never dealt with a private school so it's expected

Bodecea is 100% correct and you should be embarrassed that you are wrong, Ms. "My kids go to private schools".

Yes they do go to private schools so I don't have a dog in this fight. Think hard "public school educator". Or do they teach that in public schools?

SACRAMENTO

And our public schools do so well… LOL

Churning out dunces by the boat load

Forum List

Back