Any Preppers Here?

Grew up low income and very rural .So being prepared and being self sustaining was just common sense.

That is great. I just got into rural living about 20 yr.ago. I did grow up in the countey but half time in the big city of Atlanta. No gardening or raiseing meat animals just enjoying the woods and lake. Hubby grew up hunting,and reaping crops though.
Reaping crops is better than raping cops!

Not militia's or radicals just attempting a little sustainable living.

I am to some extent....not totally overboard with it though....can I help with anything?

I don't know I just thought of something to discuss besides politics or Covid.We have been here in isolation since Feb.and need to get back to growing and doing instead of just politicing,

I keep a stockpile of canned Beer.

I am betting that once the Zombie Apocalypse hits, canned Beer will be the currency of choice

I'm down to about 10 beers myself. I usually drink one ever few months for nerves but lately I see I may need to up the does and increase the days. I'm an old woman but not on meds except aspirin .
Grew up low income and very rural .So being prepared and being self sustaining was just common sense.

That is great. I just got into rural living about 20 yr.ago. I did grow up in the countey but half time in the big city of Atlanta. No gardening or raiseing meat animals just enjoying the woods and lake. Hubby grew up hunting,and reaping crops though.
Reaping crops is better than raping cops!

I would have to agree with this. He didn't actually do much but pick the beans and crops his parents grew so best wording I can think of at the time.

"Sustainable" is the agenda21 code word.

Just sayin

Not to me it isn't.Maybe to suevive Agenda 21 but not sure that is even possible now. Just to be as comfortable as possible while it all breaks down. Not stocking up on much either.Why for whoever comes to take it will have plenty?We don't have an army like they do.

I don’t know about peppers but there sure are a lot of RW incels.

What is RW and incells? Maybe prepper was wrong wording? I didn't ealize it was offend so anyone here. I guess I should have went to the gardening forum.:dunno:
Naw, he's just another leftist troll shill that ran out of butthurt cream.

Hi HereWe Go, we use to enjoy the music thread last time I visited.:hhello:

How long ago was this?

I've always been somewhat of a prepper.
But only because I live in the Hurricane prone Gulf Coast. And of course I love the outdoors so I have plenty of knowledge on how to obtain food and the ability to live in the outdoors for extended periods of time.
It's kind of a game to me to come up with various ways to get protein with as little effort as possible. Rat traps tacked to nut bearing hardwoods to catch squirrels,Yo yo's for fishing.
1608324611855.png

Steel jaw traps and other methods that require little effort.
I could easily hit the woods with just basic supplies and survive. Would it be comfortable?
Not really but doable.

Yes, I am. Multiple cashes across north and south east parts of united state as well as sea worthy boats ready to go at will. Been preparing for bad things to happen for years.

Thats sounds like you are ready for anything.
This couple who we have followed on YT for several years now has been stranded in Figi then Tonga for a year now.Boat been out of water for a year. Can't go anywhere because no nation will let them in.
We have a van and tents if we had to leave but we probably won't go anywhere. Be careful of pirates if you choose boat life.

Yes, I am. Multiple cashes across north and south east parts of united state as well as sea worthy boats ready to go at will. Been preparing for bad things to happen for years.

This couple who we have followed on YT for several years now has been stranded in Figi then Tonga for a year now.Boat been out of water for a year. Can't go anywhere because no nation will let them in.
We have a van and tents if we had to leave but we probably won't go anywhere. Be careful of pirates if you choose boat life.

Oh, I am ready for them. I would be a great deal more trouble than I am worth to attack. Also not preping alone. I have a network of friends also ready. You would not be attacking one boat. Better have friends in that situation or you are not getting any sleep. I pretty much already live the boat life. Normally only a month per year where I am off water. Little longer this year, I have a 15 month old grandchild I am hanging out to see and also getting rid of all my properties in the city. The father of my grandson recently passed away so I am trying to convince my daughter to move by the water with me. I currently have a pole barn with apartment on top by my boats. Going to put up a nice log cabin on that property and see if I can not convince her to move in it. Truly I hope I am successful. I wanna make sure that child has a good male influence around him.

Oh, I am ready for them. I would be a great deal more trouble than I am worth to attack. Also not preping alone. I have a network of friends also ready. You would not be attacking one boat. Better have friends in that situation or you are not getting any sleep. I pretty much already live the boat life. Normally only a month per year where I am off water. Little longer this year, I have a 15 month old grandchild I am hanging out to see and also getting rid of all my properties in the city. The father of my grandson recently passed away so I am trying to convince my daughter to move by the water with me. I currently have a pole barn with apartment on top by my boats. Going to put up a nice log cabin on that property and see if I can not convince her to move in it. Truly I hope I am successful. I wanna make sure that child has a good male influence around him.

Well then! Looks like your be ok if you have other boats with you. Those new grands are a joy. We have 13 grown grands and 15 great grands, 9 in Tx and 6 in Ga. . We really enjoyed the grands. We were young grand parents. Took the sking, diving, beach, skating and 6 of them spent every summer at our place.

Well then! Looks like your be ok if you have other boats with you. Those new grands are a joy. We have 13 grown grands and 15 great grands, 9 in Tx and 6 in Ga. . We really enjoyed the grands. We were young grand parents. Took the sking, diving, beach, skating and 6 of them spent every summer at our place.

Wow, lots of grands and great grands. This is my first and only. I wish I could take him for the summer. I live alone and run fishing charters all summer. No one there to take care of him. Unfortunately his grandmother is not the greatest person and is no longer in any of our lives. My high school girl friend retires in 3 to 4 years and we plan to give it a go when that happens. Maybe then I will be able to do something like that. Sure would be nice to have him for a summer. Would be nice to have them both move in that cabin.

everyones a prepper to one degree or another,,

whats your questions??

I always keep at least 200 rolls of toilet paper on hand at all times,,

I always keep a bucket of gum leaves just in case.

View attachment 430867

Greg
Some of us rememebr the 'tissue' in the outhouse,with 10 kids running out was normal. So we always had a Sears and Roebuck catalog. No shiney pages back then like today. I did have several old phone books we kept but hubby threw them away.Just rub the page together real good and you have the same as tissue.

Wow, lots of grands and great grands. This is my first and only. I wish I could take him for the summer. I live alone and run fishing charters all summer. No one there to take care of him. Unfortunately his grandmother is not the greatest person and is no longer in any of our lives. My high school girl friend retires in 3 to 4 years and we plan to give it a go when that happens. Maybe then I will be able to do something like that. Sure would be nice to have him for a summer. Would be nice to have them both move in that cabin.

I hope your successgul convincing the daughter. Its not good for her to be alone anyway and maybe she will find a good man with you in her life.

I meant to ask which coast your on or is it the gulf? We are on the East Coast.

I don’t know about peppers but there sure are a lot of RW incels.

What is RW and incells? Maybe prepper was wrong wording? I didn't ealize it was offend so anyone here. I guess I should have went to the gardening forum.:dunno:
Naw, he's just another leftist troll shill that ran out of butthurt cream.

Hi HereWe Go, we use to enjoy the music thread last time I visited.:hhello:

How long ago was this?
3 or 4 years ago.

I hope your successgul convincing the daughter. Its not good for her to be alone anyway and maybe she will find a good man with you in her life.

She currently lives close with in a block of her inlaws and they are great people. So she is not alone and has support. Ashton grand mother on the other side is an absolute sweetheart. I am very fortunate to have them in my daughter and grandsons life.

Lake erie summer. San padre Island winter. So gulf. have boats in outer banks also but my partner Mike typically runs those. Summer is my favorite fishing on lake erie mainly because my partners dock is right beside mine. I see him every day. We save our daily limit for after the charters. Then he,I, and a competing captain cast for our limit together. That competing captain is the best walleye fisherman I have seen. The last guy to limit cleans the fish.

Lake erie summer. San padre Island winter. So gulf. have boats in outer banks also but my partner Mike typically runs those. Summer is my favorite fishing on lake erie mainly because my partners dock is right beside mine. I see him every day. We save our daily limit for after the charters. Then he,I, and a competing captain cast for our limit together. That competing captain is the best walleye fisherman I have seen. The last guy to limit cleans the fish.

Solar powered or partly so? That is so neat I'd love to live on a boat. I always had a wandering spirit. Of course now we're too old. Always plan for old age or it will grab you when your not expecting it.
I alway thought it would be nice to have a boat anchored nearThe Lions Bridge in St Augustine ,Fl. ICW. We both are Power Squadron certified. Hubby use to go out offshore Carolinas. I use to sell shrimp from Mayport loved watching the boats come in with the birds flying all around them.

Forum List

Back