Any Privacy Difference Between Nat. Voter Registry & Nat. Gun Registry?

ThoughtCrimes

Old Navy Vet
Jun 25, 2012
This brand new emphasis to stop any and all voter fraud across the nation by the Federal gov'mint gathering ALL State voter information and making that registry public just might be a solution to get rid of some of that type of lawless activity! Yes, if dealt with correctly and not used for nefarious purposes like voter suppression or intimidation, it could be a good thing to cleanup all of those dozens of voter fraud incidents every decade across the Nation!

That call for voter information got me to thinking if it might not be appropriate to do exactly the same for those gun owners out there to register all their various firearms, with all the data per weapon, location, rounds per weapon on hand, rounds fired per week, all licensing data, etc, etc, with the Federal gov,mint and make that National Gun Registry just as public and transparent as the National Voter Registry.

If a National Voter Registry can reduce the incidence of voter fraud just by being compiled and made public, then a National Gun Registry could reduce violent gun crime and death to innocent voters by being compiled and made public, too! Hey...same logic right? Imagine the lives that could be saved of voters walking to the polls in Chicago!

What could possibly go wrong with both of those plans being implemented?

Last edited:
I believe a gun registry would cut down on straw purchases that lead to guns ending up in the hands of criminals . This is a major probleM in the us .

National vote registry ? I don't see how this would really help wh voter fraud (which is not a big issue unlike guns). Elections are virtually all local . What would the nat vote registry do exactly ?

I believe a gun registry would cut down on straw purchases that lead to guns ending up in the hands of criminals . This is a major probleM in the us .

National vote registry ? I don't see how this would really help wh voter fraud (which is not a big issue unlike guns). Elections are virtually all local . What would the nat vote registry do exactly ?
Quit falling down the well, any type of firearm registry is unconstitutional.

More frivolous gun laws have proven to be absolutely inept in violent crime prevention....

I believe a gun registry would cut down on straw purchases that lead to guns ending up in the hands of criminals

How?

Hell try to catch a fish to feed yourself if you are poor and living in a Dem controlled state, you have to prove you are a citizen plus then pay them an outrageous fee for the privilege.

More frivolous gun laws have proven to be absolutely inept in violent crime prevention....

What is it with these people? Trying to come up with completely unrelated bullshit all the time. Surely they can't believe that anyone is stupid enough to not catch the mistake in the "argument"? Failed trolls.

No it's not unconstitutional. It doesn't interfere with anyone's right to bear arms .

It's the gun nuts states lack of laws that pollute everyone else's attempts .

No it's not unconstitutional. It doesn't interfere with anyone's right to bear arms .

It's the gun nuts states lack of laws that pollute everyone else's attempts .
Na, it is absolutely unconstitutional because it's none of the fucking government business… Quit falling down the the well.

I believe a gun registry would cut down on straw purchases that lead to guns ending up in the hands of criminals

How?

Treat guns like cars . The "title" follows the sale . Guns are born "legal". How do they end up in the hands of so many people who would come close to passing a background check?

If ms smith buys a gun for her drug dealer boyfriend , her name is on the title . He gets busted. Then she gets busted ! Less people will want to risk that.

Surely they can't believe that anyone is stupid enough to not catch the mistake in the argument?
Mistake? I see no error in the argument. I'm thinking it flew over your head! What to you see as the underlying thrust of the argument, Einstein? I'll give you a hint...HYPOCRISY!!!!

Ummm .... you can't confiscate a vote?

Yes you can . It's called voter suppression. A vote is a one time thing . You are prevented from voting in 2016, you never get that back.

And this idea that the gov is going to confiscate everyone's guns is absurd .

Yes you can . It's called voter suppression. A vote is a one time thing . You are prevented from voting in 2016, you never get that back.

Registration to vote only assures you're entitled to vote (of legal age, legal citizen, not a felon, alive...) and only vote once in you're registered district.

That's not voter suppression, it's voter assurance.

National gun registry, would cut down on crime.

National voter registry, would cut down on votes.

Registration to vote only assures you're entitled to vote (of legal age, legal citizen, not a felon, alive...) and only vote once in you're registered district.

Right. I'm talking about these strict voter ID laws . Like telling an old man he can't vote because his ID is expired (because he doesn't drive anymore ). That's supression.

Unless it was Florida in 2000, when thousands were illegally taken off the voter registration rolls because their names, first/last, matched the name of a convicted felon.

Right. I'm talking about these strict voter ID laws . Like telling an old man he can't vote because his ID is expired (because he doesn't drive anymore ). That's supression.

You have to drive to vote? Where is that spelled out in the Constitution?

How?

Treat guns like cars . The "title" follows the sale . Guns are born "legal". How do they end up in the hands of so many people who would come close to passing a background check?

If ms smith buys a gun for her drug dealer boyfriend , her name is on the title . He gets busted. Then she gets busted ! Less people will want to risk that.
If ms smith buys a gun for her drug dealer boyfriend , her name is on the title . He gets busted. Then she gets busted !

ms smith buys a gun for her drug dealer boyfried.

2 weeks later, calls cops, tells them the gun was stolen.

no charges against ms smith.

try again.

National gun registry, would cut down on crime.

National voter registry, would cut down on votes.
th

Florida List for Purge of Voters Proves Flawed

Florida List for Purge of Voters Proves Flawed

Florida election officials used a flawed method to come up with a listing of people believed to be convicted felons, a list that they are recommending be used to purge voter registration rolls, state officials acknowledged yesterday.

Florida undertook a similar purge of voter rolls in 2000, but that list was shown to include the names of many who were not felons.

Hispanic Republicans outnumber Hispanic Democrats by about 100,000 voters in Florida. But more than 90 percent of the approximately one million registered blacks there are Democrats. The exclusion of Hispanics from the purge list explains some of the wide discrepancy in party affiliation of voters on the felon list, which bears the names of 28,025 Democrats and just 9,521 Republicans, with most of the rest unaffiliated.

Forum List

Back