Any Privacy Difference Between Nat. Voter Registry & Nat. Gun Registry?

I believe a gun registry would cut down on straw purchases that lead to guns ending up in the hands of criminals . This is a major probleM in the us .

National vote registry ? I don't see how this would really help wh voter fraud (which is not a big issue unlike guns). Elections are virtually all local . What would the nat vote registry do exactly ?
I believe a gun registry would cut down on straw purchases that lead to guns ending up in the hands of criminals

How?

Treat guns like cars . The "title" follows the sale . Guns are born "legal". How do they end up in the hands of so many people who would come close to passing a background check?

If ms smith buys a gun for her drug dealer boyfriend , her name is on the title . He gets busted. Then she gets busted ! Less people will want to risk that.
Quit falling down the well, no one has a right to cars Dipshit.
Any type of firearm registry of any sort is absolutely unconstitutional… So go back and hide in your mothers basement little Nutter....

It's an analogy jackass. Auto registrations have all but eliminated auto theft .

Right...

I'll bet there are no more than, say, 20-25 chop shops in LA, or NYC, or San Fran, or Chicago at any given time.

National vote registry ? I don't see how this would really help wh voter fraud (which is not a big issue unlike guns). Elections are virtually all local . What would the nat vote registry do exactly ?

National gun registry, would cut down on crime.

National voter registry, would cut down on votes.

It would not cut down on crime....you can't show that it would....you are talking out of your ass, and that isn't even funny when Jim Carrey used to do it...

Sure I could . When you compare similar gun nut states to similar gun control states you see the difference in gun crime .

You gun nuts will be slick and compare empty states like Vermont wh giant city States like New York . Never apples to apples .
...you're right… People kill people firearms do not.

Are you helpless? To get an ID is free and takes no time... you need to quit falling down the well

The average wait at a DMV is 1-2 hours, and the average distance from 10 - 100 miles. A pretty rough trek for somebody in a wheel chair. Or an elderly person with a walker whose medicare covers transportation to the hospital or clinic, but not to motorvehicles.

They go to your home........with the ID....and it is free..........

How do these elderly people cash checks or access their money in their bank accounts genius?

They have direct deposit . They go to the same corner bank for decades and everyone in their knows them.

It would not cut down on crime....you can't show that it would....you are talking out of your ass, and that isn't even funny when Jim Carrey used to do it...

Sure I could . When you compare similar gun nut states to similar gun control states you see the difference in gun crime .

You gun nuts will be slick and compare empty states like Vermont wh giant city States like New York . Never apples to apples .

Nope.....we compare the United States....and what has actually happened..instead of cherry picking like you do....

We went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400-600 million guns in private hands and over 15.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2017...guess what happened...

-- gun murder down 49%
--gun crime down 75%
--violent crime down 72%

Gun Homicide Rate Down 49% Since 1993 Peak; Public Unaware

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.

What'd I say . You would compare apples to apples .

Let's say Massachusetts vs Arizona ? About the same population, with some large cities thrown in.
2017 Real Time Death Statistics in America

This country has much bigger fish to fry… quit Falling down the well

Nope.....we compare the United States....and what has actually happened..instead of cherry picking like you do....

We went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400-600 million guns in private hands and over 15.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2017...guess what happened...

-- gun murder down 49%
--gun crime down 75%
--violent crime down 72%

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.

Let's say Massachusetts vs Arizona ? About the same population, with some large cities thrown in.

Here dipshit....actual murders...notice that the most murders happen in areas with the most gun control.....moron.

Murders in US very concentrated: 54% of US counties in 2014 had zero murders, 2% of counties have 51% of the murders - Crime Prevention Research Center

MURDERS IN US VERY CONCENTRATED: 54% OF US COUNTIES IN 2014 HAD ZERO MURDERS, 2% OF COUNTIES HAVE 51% OF THE MURDERS
25 APR , 2017

upload_2017-7-9_13-27-5.png

Yes.....you must punish the sinner, the one who was a normal, law abiding gun owner...who has to prove his innocence in exercising his Right.......you already have the actual criminal in custody, who you will let out on bail....and will sentence to less than 3 years, if that....but you will have taken away the Right to own guns forever from the law abiding gun owner....

What about the rights of the legal owner of high explosives. When they're stolen, they go through a full investigation of how, where, when, what protections they had against theft, the whole nine yards.

It's called responsibility.

Somebody with a pit bull who lets it get out of their yard faces the same.

Are you helpless? To get an ID is free and takes no time... you need to quit falling down the well

The average wait at a DMV is 1-2 hours, and the average distance from 10 - 100 miles. A pretty rough trek for somebody in a wheel chair. Or an elderly person with a walker whose medicare covers transportation to the hospital or clinic, but not to motorvehicles.

How do these elderly people cash checks or access their money in their bank accounts genius?

They have direct deposit . They go to the same corner bank for decades and everyone in their knows them.

Until they have a new teller at the window, moron...how do they do their banking...genius....?

I believe a gun registry would cut down on straw purchases that lead to guns ending up in the hands of criminals . This is a major probleM in the us .

I believe a gun registry would cut down on straw purchases that lead to guns ending up in the hands of criminals

How?
Guns are easy to traffic and abunant. A buyer hits many outlets adequately spaced so as not to get flagged. Then sells them privately off the record. Then if they ever come up in a crime, they can say it was stolen or sold privately if it gets trace back to the original buyer. The actual nefarious person could be the initial buyer or the private buyer. Once it's private, they can be run around the country fairly easily, but laws are so lax that they don't have to go that far. I bet Chicago's banned guns mostly come from neighboring cities and states. Ultimately they are sold on the "black market" to whoever wants it.

A gun registry would change this so there is no grey area on how the gun got from the store to the criminals hand and who was complicit in making it happen. Idk if it's necessary or I agree with it. If private sales were better regulated it might be enough to curb rampant abuse. They mostly arent at all though.
Are you A stupid son of a bitch? Most firearms used in violent crimes are stolen and/or come from south of the border. You can take your gun registry and shove it up your ass cause it's absolutely unconstitutional… lol

Bullshit . They aren't stolen . They are easily sold on the grey market and the sellers wipe their hands clean and claim theft .

Funny how people get guns to stop theives, but then all their guns get stolen !? How ironic .

[QUOTE="2aguy, post: 17683689, member: 50072
Yes.....you must punish the sinner, the one who was a normal, law abiding gun owner...who has to prove his innocence in exercising his Right.......you already have the actual criminal in custody, who you will let out on bail....and will sentence to less than 3 years, if that....but you will have taken away the Right to own guns forever from the law abiding gun owner....

What about the rights of the legal owner of high explosives. When they're stolen, they go through a full investigation of how, where, when, what protections they had against theft, the whole nine yards.

Somebody with a pit bull who lets it get out of their yard faces the same.[/QUOTE]

Explosives are not protected by the 2nd Amendment. We know what you are, we know what you goal is.....we aren't going to put up with it.

How?

Treat guns like cars . The "title" follows the sale . Guns are born "legal". How do they end up in the hands of so many people who would come close to passing a background check?

If ms smith buys a gun for her drug dealer boyfriend , her name is on the title . He gets busted. Then she gets busted ! Less people will want to risk that.
How about Ms Smith buy gun for boy friend, gives it to him and he sells it for a few grams of coke, the dealer sells it to a drug wholesaler who sells it to a gamg member who blows your brains out. No one gets arrested. Ms Smith states she got uneasy about having the gun around the house with her 5 kids and sold it at a flea mgt. Who it was she does not know. Or it got stolen and she does not have any idea who took it. No one gets arrested.

You don't know how works do you? You need to quit falling down the well

How?
Guns are easy to traffic and abunant. A buyer hits many outlets adequately spaced so as not to get flagged. Then sells them privately off the record. Then if they ever come up in a crime, they can say it was stolen or sold privately if it gets trace back to the original buyer. The actual nefarious person could be the initial buyer or the private buyer. Once it's private, they can be run around the country fairly easily, but laws are so lax that they don't have to go that far. I bet Chicago's banned guns mostly come from neighboring cities and states. Ultimately they are sold on the "black market" to whoever wants it.

A gun registry would change this so there is no grey area on how the gun got from the store to the criminals hand and who was complicit in making it happen. Idk if it's necessary or I agree with it. If private sales were better regulated it might be enough to curb rampant abuse. They mostly arent at all though.
Are you A stupid son of a bitch? Most firearms used in violent crimes are stolen and/or come from south of the border. You can take your gun registry and shove it up your ass cause it's absolutely unconstitutional… lol

Bullshit . They aren't stolen . They are easily sold on the grey market and the sellers wipe their hands clean and claim theft .

Funny how people get guns to stop theives, but then all their guns get stolen !? How ironic .

When homes are broken into, train cars, construction equipment used to ram gun stores, .....you guys are pretty stupid...

How?

Most guns used in crime are stolen, sort of like cars.

How?

And nothing you just posted is based in facts, truth or reality......

You violate the 2nd, 4th and 5th Amendments to the Constitution by registering guns.

Actual criminals do not have to register their illegal guns per the Haynes v. U.S. ruling..

Canada tried this with 15 million guns....and failed...we have 400 million guns....

Canada Tried Registering Long Guns -- And Gave Up

15 million guns.....1 billion dollars...and it didn't work....

The law passed and starting in 1998 Canadians were required to have a license to own firearms and register their weapons with the government. According to Canadian researcher (and gun enthusiast) Gary Mauser, the Canada Firearms Center quickly rose to 600 employees and the cost of the effort climbed past $600 million. In 2002 Canada’s auditor general released a report saying initial cost estimates of $2 million (Canadian) had increased to $1 billion as the government tried to register the estimated 15 million guns owned by Canada’s 34 million residents.

The registry was plagued with complications like duplicate serial numbers and millions of incomplete records, Mauser reports. One person managed to register a soldering gun, demonstrating the lack of precise standards. And overshadowing the effort was the suspicion of misplaced effort: Pistols were used in 66% of gun homicides in 2011, yet they represent about 6% of the guns in Canada. Legal long guns were used in 11% of killings that year, according to Statistics Canada, while illegal weapons like sawed-off shotguns and machine guns, which by definition cannot be registered, were used in another 12%.

So the government was spending the bulk of its money — about $17 million of the Firearms Center’s $82 million annual budget — trying to register long guns when the statistics showed they weren’t the problem.

There was also the question of how registering guns was supposed to reduce crime and suicide in the first place. From 1997 to 2005, only 13% of the guns used in homicides were registered. Police studies in Canada estimated that 2-16% of guns used in crimes were stolen from legal owners and thus potentially in the registry. The bulk of the guns, Canadian officials concluded, were unregistered weapons imported illegally from the U.S. by criminal gangs.

Finally in 2011, conservatives led by Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper voted to abolish the long-gun registry and destroy all its records. Liberals argued the law had contributed to the decline in gun homicides since it was passed. But Mauser notes that gun homicides have actually been rising in recent years, from 151 in 1999 to 173 in 2009, as violent criminal gangs use guns in their drug turf wars and other disputes. As in the U.S., most gun homicides in Canada are committed by young males, many of them with criminal records. In the majority of homicides involving young males, the victim and the killer are know each other.
You are so biased in your posts as usual. You ignored the meat. And you spammed blue shit that I can't read without getting a headache.

Try addressing the grit. The ease with which lawfully purchased guns slip into the black market via undocumented private sales. The ease with which a nefarious or not buyer can jump from outlet to outlet buying as many guns as they want with no flag or notification with potentially the intent to sell them into the black market.

First, i dont support a gun registry. So fix your fucked brain NOW and your attack on me. Im just being non biased. You've got to review both sides honestly. Second, A registry would not gain value directly from having criminals register their guns. And it never claimed to. So your links are worthless. The value gained comes from pinpointing the person that was complicit in selling the guns into the black market and also complicit in bulk buying and trafficking. These last activities have been tirelessly protected by the gun lobby and their assault on all gun regulation. Its something that the gun lobby refuses to tackle in general because they love gun trafficking and the black markets, apparently.

Mandatory storage laws are UnConstitutional as per the D.C. v. Heller decision......

Safe Storage & Gun Locks | Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence

San Francisco prohibits any person from keeping a handgun within a residence unless the handgun is stored in a locked container or disabled with a trigger lock unless the handgun is carried on the person.42 Unlike the laws of some other jurisdictions, San Francisco does not exempt a person who keeps his or her handgun within his or her immediate control from the requirements of the statute.

The National Rifle Association and individual plaintiffs sued in federal court to overturn San Francisco’s safe storage law on Second Amendment grounds.43 The law was upheld by both the district court and the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals. In upholding the law, the Ninth Circuit recognized that unlike the District of Columbia law at issue in Heller v. District of Columbia,44 the San Francisco ordinance does not prohibit a person from carrying a loaded handgun while in his or her home.
It is not the federal government's business... you anti-gun nutters need to control your cowardice

-- gun murder down 49%
--gun crime down 75%
--violent crime down 72%

Here dipshit....actual murders...notice that the most murders happen in areas with the most gun control.....moron.

MURDERS IN US VERY CONCENTRATED: 54% OF US COUNTIES IN 2014 HAD ZERO MURDERS, 2% OF COUNTIES HAVE 51% OF THE MURDERS
25 APR , 2017

View attachment 137888

1) we are talking gun murder

2) unless adjusted per capia, those numbers are meaningless to the discussion.

How?

Most guns used in crime are stolen, sort of like cars.
True, don't mind Timmy he falls down the well a lot

How?

You fucking idiot. Where did I say I support a gun registry. And you are incorrect about where criminal guns come from.

From my previous link on murder....

Even within the Counties with the murders, the murders are heavily Concentrated within those counties

-- gun murder down 49%
--gun crime down 75%
--violent crime down 72%

Actual research......

Gun Ownership

According to a 2013 PEW Research Center survey, the household gun ownership rate in rural areas was 2.11 times greater than in urban areas (“Why Own a Gun? Protection is Now Top Reason,” PEW Research Center, March 12, 2013).

Suburban households are 28.6% more likely to own guns than urban households.

Despite lower gun ownership, urban areas experience much higher murder rates.

One should not put much weight on this purely “cross-sectional” evidence over one point in time and many factors determine murder rates, but it is still interesting to note that so much of the country has both very high gun ownership rates and zero murders.

[QUOTE="2aguy, post: 17683689, member: 50072

Somebody with a pit bull who lets it get out of their yard faces the same.

Explosives are not protected by the 2nd Amendment. We know what you are, we know what you goal is.....we aren't going to put up with it.[/QUOTE]
Don't ya just love it when the Progressives try to lump Mortar rounds with guns and you can always tell they have been doing it so long most people just drive by and don't even wave anymore.

Forum List

Back