Any wrestling fans here?

I know people said andre was 700lb but i heard he was actually 800lb at the end of his career

Crazy. People make a big deal about guys half his size today

...In ROH people leave the ring bleeding real blood, get real bones broken and real teeth knocked out...

Nope. That's what the promoter sells you.

You know, every swinging Richard that wants to criticize wrestling knows someone in the business. As it turns out, my father had a man working for him as a book-keeper. That book-keeper's father in law was a guy named Paul Jones. He was the promoter of Georgia Championship Wrestling.

I used to get into the matches free of charge and got to go backstage and hobnob with the wrestlers. In addition my wife's ex-husband was a professional wrestler that got his career ended when he got whipped into a turnbuckle and snapped his neck.

So, Dude, you aren't the only one who knows people in the business. Many matches are scripted, but not all of them. Wrestlers have too many matches to script them all. As I said, in most instances, winners are predetermined, but at the end of the day, nobody gives a crap. So, if you have something related to the OP, go for it. Otherwise, you'll have to gloat in your self righteousness know it all attitude. I don't care and I have a feeling the OP won't care either.

...In ROH people leave the ring bleeding real blood, get real bones broken and real teeth knocked out...

You know, every swinging Richard that wants to criticize wrestling knows someone in the business. As it turns out, my father had a man working for him as a book-keeper. That book-keeper's father in law was a guy named Paul Jones. He was the promoter of Georgia Championship Wrestling.

I used to get into the matches free of charge and got to go backstage and hobnob with the wrestlers. In addition my wife's ex-husband was a professional wrestler that got his career ended when he got whipped into a turnbuckle and snapped his neck.

So, Dude, you aren't the only one who knows people in the business. Many matches are scripted, but not all of them. Wrestlers have too many matches to script them all. As I said, in most instances, winners are predetermined, but at the end of the day, nobody gives a crap. So, if you have something related to the OP, go for it. Otherwise, you'll have to gloat in your self righteousness know it all attitude. I don't care and I have a feeling the OP won't care either.
Winners are predetermined only some of the time?

To my knowledge William Cobb was the largest wrestler ever to live. He weighed over 800 pounds and was often signed to wrestle Haystacks Calhoun.

Before the end of his life, Cobb went to over 900 pounds, but went to a hospital where he spent two years and came out having lost over 570 pounds. He would ultimately slim down to a little over 230 pounds.

Most of the time. How many times does it need repeating?

Most of the time. How many times does it need repeating?
Not 100%?

Nope.

All of it is scripted.

100% of the time.

It is fully designed and intended to convince you that it's not... or that it's not "sometimes." If they couldn't convince at least SOME people that it's real, they wouldn't have an audience anymore. You are the "die hards" who they and their sport depends on. It's really no skin off my back if you want to believe it's real. Like I said, I've known die hards my whole life and there's just no convincing them otherwise. I say that's a testament to how well the promoters do their job and how well the performers sell the product.

Wrestlers have too many matches to script them all.

Wrestlers don't have matches, promoters do. This is why they have to be scripted. The promoter has an agenda. He is usually setting up the next BIG match. This necessitates a script that has to be followed. Not only that, but actual matches have to be scripted so they can schedule successful events. Not only are the maneuvers scripted, the time of each bout is predetermined.

When I was young, me and my father used to go down to the gym where they trained and watch. It wasn't open to the public, my dad had special access because he sold oxygen to them. They rehearse the bouts, all the various maneuvers and pratfalls. Wrestlers who appear on TV to absolutely HATE each other are actually good friends who spend most of their day working together on various moves. It is all entertainment. 100% scripted.

Nope.

All of it is scripted.

100% of the time.

It is fully designed and intended to convince you that it's not... or that it's not "sometimes." If they couldn't convince at least SOME people that it's real, they wouldn't have an audience anymore. You are the "die hards" who they and their sport depends on. It's really no skin off my back if you want to believe it's real. Like I said, I've known die hards my whole life and there's just no convincing them otherwise. I say that's a testament to how well the promoters do their job and how well the performers sell the product.
Humorme says that the outcomes aren't always predetermined

Not only are they predetermined, they are choreographed move by move. The wrestlers know when they step in the ring, who is going to do what and what is coming next. They've rehearsed it together at least once. They know how long the bout will take.

Have you not ever noticed when you watch on TV, the "card" runs out to EXACTLY the amount of TV time they have? How can they possibly do that every single time unless it is planned that way? You never see them say... well. we're running a little long tonight so we can't show you all the main bout! Never happens! That's because it's all planned out precisely and SCRIPTED! lol

Im sorry boss if i offended you i was just trying to talk wrestling.

I've been around message forums a long time, it's really hard to truly offend me. I just wanted you to understand the rules because you're new here. And I don't have a problem talking wrestling with you, I enjoy it as entertainment, but it is scripted and I know this for a fact. All I can say is, if you knew who I know, you'd understand I am telling the truth. So we'll just have to agree to disagree, I suppose. But thanks for the apology.

Nope.

All of it is scripted.

100% of the time.

And if anyone tells you differently they are lying to you. If it weren't "skin" off the back of those trying to hijack this thread, how come it's such a big deal to convince you?

Secondly, If wrestler A wrestles in Japan on Friday night and wrestler B wrestles in Atlanta on Friday night, but both wrestle against each other in New York on Saturday, night when in the Hell do you think they get to wrestle by a script?

Granted, the big pay per view events like WWE puts on are largely worked out in advance, but common sense should dictate to anyone that not every match can be scripted. Most of the outcome is predetermined, but more and more some guys do like to try the real thing... they want to be in UFC and use the smaller venues to hone their skills.

And if anyone tells you differently they are lying to you. If it weren't "skin" off the back of those trying to hijack this thread, how come it's such a big deal to convince you?

Secondly, If wrestler A wrestles in Japan on Friday night and wrestler B wrestles in Atlanta on Friday night, but both wrestle against each other in New York on Saturday, night when in the Hell do you think they get to wrestle by a script?

Granted, the big pay per view events like WWE puts on are largely worked out in advance, but common sense should dictate to anyone that not every match can be scripted. Most of the outcome is predetermined, but more and more some guys do like to try the real thing... they want to be in UFC and use the smaller venues to hone their skills.

Saturday afternoon.

In some cases, they may have already worked the script previously or they are familiar enough with each other they can forgo the rehearsal. But they always have a script and it's always followed. UFC is totally different.

If it weren't "skin" off the back of those trying to hijack this thread, how come it's such a big deal to convince you?

I haven't hijacked the thread. I enjoy talking about wrestling. It's not a big deal whether I convince you but I'm going to be honest and state the truth. If that spoils your fantasies, I apologize but that's just the way I am. I have no reason to lie, I'm just sharing what I know on the topic.

Im not talking about that stupid fake shit that they do now. Im talking about guys like dick the bruiser and harly race. real legit tough guys. Haku was tough to. he once ripped a guys eyeball out in a bar fight. I read about it in bobby heenans book.

I used to be a wrestling fan back in the old days when guys were like you say and not the pretty boy candy asses of today. Wrestling has pretty much mirrored the changes in the NFL. Was a big fan of Bruno's, met him at a bar and especially Ivan Putski, got to shake his hand.

My grandad and i used to watch wrestling back in the day. NWA and WWF. Is this thread okay for this forum? im a new guy. Still trying to figure out the rules.

Biff, read your intro, you are an OK guy. You'll do fine here, just realize that half the people here are idiots and the more they attack you the more a threat you are to them because they don't have enough brains to blow their noses, so take it as a compliment when they attack you. Because you are such a nice guy, here's a compressed file chart I made which will make the rules easier to understand for you. I cut the file to quarter size so it would attach, so its a bit fuzzy when you blow it up big enough to read but should still make sense. Welcome to the forum.

View attachment 165846

The Zone Keeper approves of this message

upload_2017-12-15_22-4-26.png

Forum List

Back