anyone worried about their government checks next month?

are soc security etc really under threat?
this is not a knock...this is from a financial professional who repeats this religiously to younger clients

if you have to rely on social security to live, you lived life totally wrong financially and should be so ashamed of themselves...social security should be butter, egg, and coffee money only

i have to use a tough love financial approach

I think both Biden and McCarthy are worried about Government checks next month.

If Social Security and Military checks to not go out next month, there will be a public uproar and political fallout.
Also checks to farmers, payments to states, and those sweet sweet government contracts.

Red states get q lot of money from the federal government. This will impact them severely.

haha that’s a complete lie. The GOP has been trying to have these talks for months now

Face it MAGA wants their full agenda and is unwilling to compromise. MAGA a does not care if the US defaults, they thrive on chaos. If McCarthy offers Biden some concessions in return for his cuts, MAGA will vote to recall him as speaker.

And what cuts would that be? Please be specific.
But congressional Democrats are growing concerned about the idea of putting new work requirements for government aid recipients after Biden suggested over the weekend he may be open to such changes. The White House remains opposed to changes in requirements for recipients of Medicaid and food stamp programs, although it is more open to revisions for beneficiaries of the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families cash assistance program.

Since negotiation, by definition, requires 2 or more parties - it seems you're still an idiot.

Yes, and one side is refusing to do so...

The rollercoaster debt-ceiling talks are back at a stalemate amid a full-throated effort by the most conservative members of Kevin McCarthy’s caucus to preemptively kill any bipartisan deal.

Influential Rep. Chip Roy (R-TX) told a right-wing host Tuesday night that “my position is to hold the damn line” and force a GOP-only plan into law, one of the many similar comments from Republicans in recent hours.

I don’t even care about the negotiations going on at the White House,” he added.

The rollercoaster debt-ceiling talks are back at a stalemate amid a full-throated effort by the most conservative members of Kevin McCarthy’s caucus to preemptively kill any bipartisan deal.

Influential Rep. Chip Roy (R-TX) told a right-wing host Tuesday night that “my position is to hold the damn line” and force a GOP-only plan into law, one of the many similar comments from Republicans in recent hours.

I don’t even care about the negotiations going on at the White House,” he added.
The fact is both sides are really to blame.

But congressional Democrats are growing concerned about the idea of putting new work requirements for government aid recipients after Biden suggested over the weekend he may be open to such changes. The White House remains opposed to changes in requirements for recipients of Medicaid and food stamp programs, although it is more open to revisions for beneficiaries of the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families cash assistance program.

So Chip Roy et al is "one side"? :auiqs.jpg:
Is McCarthy negotiating? I'm pretty sure he is the Speaker.

So Biden has NOT offered any cuts.
Got it.

My understanding is that American financial folk don't buy into these Treasuries subject to default ... we all knew the last debt crisis how long the new money would last ... money managers watch for this and buy into Treasuries that will mature between crises ...

If the Federal government defaults ... it should only be foreign investors (China) who lose out ... and no foreign investor (China) can operate without operating in the USA ... safest banks in the world ...

Is living on credit sustainable? ... of course not ... raise the debt limit is THE WORST THING we can do right now ... cut spending first ... shut down all the non-essential government services indefinitely ... our government needs to learn to live within her means ...

We won't be able to trust the food we buy at market ... or the medications we get from Walgreen's ... but hey ... Federal budget will be under control ... where's your priorities? ....

Forum List

Back