anyone worried about their government checks next month?

Nope not in the least....My SS check is fun money anyway....If SS is the difference between you living-out your golden years in security or not you done fucked-up.

That's a sanctimonious approach.

My grandmother for instance grew up poor and worked hard and has saved quite a nest egg that otherwise would support her nicely. But a recent sharp mental decline means I either have to have her live with me and hire home health when I can't be home, or place her in assisted living memory care. Both of which are very expensive. Without her ss she would go into the red every month more than she already is. When a month ago when she lived alone in her house she was in the green every month between interest, pension and ss.

But just to say "if you aren't like me you fucked up" is a horrible way to approach hundreds of millions of other people all with different situations.

Litigate away.
Meanwhile the bills get paid and the language of the 14th is clear.

When the GOP is ready to discuss increasing revenues, eliminating the Trump cuts for the wealthy, eliminating the Trump taxes on the middle class, eliminating the Bush cuts...

Let Joe know.

Till then, the bills get paid.
25th Amendment > 14th Amendment

They passed the bill a month ago, lying peckerhead.

Which is only the start of getting a bill into law

It must be jointly approved by the Senate and then signed by our President.

Having a partisan piece of legislation is meaningless

Litigate away.
Meanwhile the bills get paid and the language of the 14th is clear.

When the GOP is ready to discuss increasing revenues, eliminating the Trump cuts for the wealthy, eliminating the Trump taxes on the middle class, eliminating the Bush cuts...

Let Joe know.

Till then, the bills get paid.
No the bill don't get paid...because you have nobody issuing you debt.

Geez...completely clueless

Haven't read the news this morning or didn't you understand what was offered?
I have not read the news this morning, I stopped getting the local paper some years ago, and I only watch the local news for weather and sports, I also don't watch the cable news networks....plus I've been busy with work this morning

Thats not a budget. Please link to the BUDGET passed by the House. It will be a matter of public record.
FY 24 starts in four months.
McCarthy has not even attempted to present a budget

He is too busy pandering to MAGA

Face it MAGA wants their full agenda and is unwilling to compromise. MAGA a does not care if the US defaults, they thrive on chaos. If McCarthy offers Biden some concessions in return for his cuts, MAGA will vote to recall him as speaker.
If they wanted to default they would't of passed a debt limit increase. Try again

Oh and it looks like the only way Xiden believes he can get something done is by massive Dem bailouts....

White House believes massive Dem bailout may be needed to pass debt ceiling compromise​

The demafascist contnue to hold the nation hostage.

No, the lazy, good for nothing, wastes of flesh and oxygen can feel safe thst their monthly bowl of gruel will arrive on time next month.

Having said that, I wish I could prionounce otherwise. Unfortunately there is not sufficient spinal rigidity or testosterone in the entirety of the Washington Metro Region to actually get the Republicans to stand firm and allow this default to occur. Instead both sides will cave to the potential ramifications of a default and some last-minute deal will be brokered. Each side will get some minor concessions from the other then down a fortnight claiming major political victory when in actuality both sides lost.

Thats not a budget. Please link to the BUDGET passed by the House. It will be a matter of public record.
It's the bill to raise the debt ceiling....If it's not the actual annual budget, that's my mistake.

In any event, that's the bill under the current conversation.

Having said that, I wish I could prionounce otherwise. Unfortunately there is not sufficient spinal rigidity or testosterone in the entirety of the Washington Metro Region to actually get the Republicans to stand firm and allow this default to occur. lost.
You've fallen for the leftbat blabbering point.

There will be no default....The feds are taking in more than enough to meet all their obligations....It's all the spending on worthless fluff, 87,000 new IRS agents, subsidies for money-sucking "green energy" scams, ad nauseum, that won't get their projected budget increases.

Forum List

Back