AOC's minimum wage argument backfires.

Minimum wage hasn't risen in 13 years but yeah blame that. Lol

Federal Minimum wage hasn't.

States have increased it coast to coast, and it's had a serious negative effect.

But the goal is to undercut the middle class by devaluing the dollar through inflation to the point that a $75K job is poverty level. You of the radical left are determined to destroy the middle, leaving all wealth in the hands of the oligarchs which the masses exist in abject poverty.

Well where you live is obviously indicative of the experiences of people everywhere.

Maybe not everywhere but in 90% of the country. If the problem is there are no jobs in your area, it's time to pack your bags and go to where the jobs are.

Of course I disagree with Progressives on many issues -- especially punitive implementation of Cancel Culture.

Nevertheless, $24 per hour minimum wage would be great for people in need! Perhaps, jobs paying $15 per hour should be readily available. Taxing millionaires and billionaires will not hurt them much!

What you are suggesting would create a domino effect that would hurt the entire country in general. As more and more people are overpaid, it encourages industry to invest more in automation, outsource, or move out of the country altogether.

I've mentioned how the minimum wage has not been raised since Bush when the Democrats pretend to support the poor. I note over and over that in the end both parties are the party of corporations.

Here is a great example. AOC condemns the Republicans for not supporting raising the minimum wage (and they don't) but in the end it was the Democrats that killed it.

Now you can say it was a small number of Democrats but they know how to work it so that there are just enough votes to cover something while provided the more vulnerable with cover.

The minimum wage has not changed since 2009," the fact-check wrote, showing both parties have had adequate time to argue for and pass such a measure.

Neither has.

Democrats only act stupid, but they are not. They know the devastating effects of increasing the minimum wage that high, so they never had any plans on increasing it. It's just a dog and pony show they put on for their potential voters to get them to vote.

The day Dementia took office he told his own people don't even think of putting a national MW increase on his desk because he'd veto it immediately. It's like taxing the rich. Again, throwing their constituents a bone, but have they tried it yet? Of course not. The rich pass all their losses to us and we indirectly end up paying for it. If they can't pass those losses to us, they move and take their jobs with them.

If you are truly disabled you would get disability. If disability doesn't approve your claim, then apparently they believe you can work whether you believe it or not.
Thank G-d and my parents I am provided for.

The State has a duty to provide for millions of other people limited by their disabilities.

Thank G-d and my parents I am provided for.

The State has a duty to provide for millions of other people limited by their disabilities.

I don't know about duty, but yes, they already do provide for those with real disabilities. I'm on disability myself, however I worked all my life and became qualified for disability in my later years. They didn't think twice about rejecting my claim. It was some back and forth with them, but I was approved immediately.

I don't know about duty, but yes, they already do provide for those with real disabilities. I'm on disability myself, however I worked all my life and became qualified for disability in my later years. They didn't think twice about rejecting my claim. It was some back and forth with them, but I was approved immediately.
Thank you for sharing.

Many people with disability have much worse experiences.

Thank you for sharing.

Many people with disability have much worse experiences.

But my point is this: SS knew I could no longer work no matter what I did, much it I'm sure is because of my age when I applied at 60. If they reject your claim, it's because they believe you can indeed work regardless what your opinion is. You have the option to appeal their decision and it goes to court. If a judge agrees with SS, then he or she also believes you have the ability to work. You can appeal a second time. But if everybody feels you are capable of working, then they all can't be wrong.

I worked with serious disabilities all of my adult life. No, it was not easy, and in many cases a real struggle. But my attitude was as long as I can crawl out of my bed in the morning and able to walk around, I could work and support myself, and I did until my disabilities multiplied and I had so many work became impossible.

But my point is this: SS knew I could no longer work no matter what I did, much it I'm sure is because of my age when I applied at 60. If they reject your claim, it's because they believe you can indeed work regardless what your opinion is. You have the option to appeal their decision and it goes to court. If a judge agrees with SS, then he or she also believes you have the ability to work. You can appeal a second time. But if everybody feels you are capable of working, then they all can't be wrong.

I worked with serious disabilities all of my adult life. No, it was not easy, and in many cases a real struggle. But my attitude was as long as I can crawl out of my bed in the morning and able to walk around, I could work and support myself, and I did until my disabilities multiplied and I had so many work became impossible.
Thank you for sharing. Best luck to you!

I never had a real job in my life.

Thank you for sharing. Best luck to you!

I never had a real job in my life.

You should try it. Nothing more rewarding than getting a paycheck with your name on it. Mind you I sympathize with your situation, but I always remembered what the former Chicago Bears coach Mike Ditka once said in a speech he gave "You never really lose until you quit trying."

You should try it. Nothing more rewarding than getting a paycheck with your name on it. Mind you I sympathize with your situation, but I always remembered what the former Chicago Bears coach Mike Ditka once said in a speech he gave "You never really lose until you quit trying."
My job is a housekeeper -- as my parents get older, my job will require more work.

I also call myself a male housewife.

My job is a housekeeper -- as my parents get older, my job will require more work.

I also call myself a male housewife.

Well, your fate is in your own hands. I don't know your parents, but I think they would be awfully proud of you if you gave it everything you got in spite of your disadvantages. I know my parents are proud of me.

I've mentioned how the minimum wage has not been raised since Bush when the Democrats pretend to support the poor. I note over and over that in the end both parties are the party of corporations.

Here is a great example. AOC condemns the Republicans for not supporting raising the minimum wage (and they don't) but in the end it was the Democrats that killed it.

Now you can say it was a small number of Democrats but they know how to work it so that there are just enough votes to cover something while provided the more vulnerable with cover.

The minimum wage has not changed since 2009," the fact-check wrote, showing both parties have had adequate time to argue for and pass such a measure.

Neither has.

The biggest problem in US politics is that the Democratic Party (and Republican Party too) is too big for all the political view points on the left. The system is easily controlled by corporations and big money, which means someone like AOC and Sanders will constantly be contradicting others in the party because the party doesn't stand for anything.

With Proportional Representation they'd be their own party, on the fringes, and there'd be a corporate center party made up of present day Reps and Dems, they'd be traditional left and right parties, they'd be environmental and probably some kind of Trump/Taylor Green party which wouldn't get very far not being tied to the leading party.

Democrats only act stupid, but they are not. They know the devastating effects of increasing the minimum wage that high, so they never had any plans on increasing it. It's just a dog and pony show they put on for their potential voters to get them to vote.

The day Dementia took office he told his own people don't even think of putting a national MW increase on his desk because he'd veto it immediately. It's like taxing the rich. Again, throwing their constituents a bone, but have they tried it yet? Of course not. The rich pass all their losses to us and we indirectly end up paying for it. If they can't pass those losses to us, they move and take their jobs with them.
If only you knew the devastating effects of corporatism, crony capitalism, MIC, corporate welfare, harmful influence of big corporations and billionaires……I could go on and on, but MAYBE you get my drift.

SHUT OFF FOX NEWS NOW!!!

Forum List

Back