AOC's minimum wage argument backfires.

Sadly, finding employment is very difficult. There should be more easily available employment for people in need.
really? i think the issue is finding people willing to work. lots of young folks grow up with this entitlement attitude expecting 6 figures and a 36 hour work week, then you have poorer folks knowing they can just get SSI, or live off a family members, and get govt housing

i think it’s too easy not to work

Everywhere in my area no one is under $14 an hour and most fast-food places are at $16, and Chick Fil A is at $18.50 to start. Raising the minium wage here will have no effect and no one would work at $7.50 per hour here.

Everywhere in my area no one is under $14 an hour and most fast-food places are at $16, and Chick Fil A is at $18.50 to start. Raising the minium wage here will have no effect and no one would work at $7.50 per hour here.

Well where you live is obviously indicative of the experiences of people everywhere.

I've mentioned how the minimum wage has not been raised since Bush when the Democrats pretend to support the poor. I note over and over that in the end both parties are the party of corporations.

Here is a great example. AOC condemns the Republicans for not supporting raising the minimum wage (and they don't) but in the end it was the Democrats that killed it.

Now you can say it was a small number of Democrats but they know how to work it so that there are just enough votes to cover something while provided the more vulnerable with cover.

The minimum wage has not changed since 2009," the fact-check wrote, showing both parties have had adequate time to argue for and pass such a measure.

Neither has.

unless the minimum wage is 100 dollars an hr its a waste of time talking about it,,,

really? i think the issue is finding people willing to work. lots of young folks grow up with this entitlement attitude expecting 6 figures and a 36 hour work week, then you have poorer folks knowing they can just get SSI, or live off a family members, and get govt housing

i think it’s too easy not to work
Many disabled people have no income at all.

Finding work is difficult.

Where are you that there are little to no jobs available? Chick Fli A is starting at $18.50 and hour and many companies are having issues finding qualified or good employees.
I can only work from home. I have Asperger's Syndrome and Depression.

I've mentioned how the minimum wage has not been raised since Bush when the Democrats pretend to support the poor. I note over and over that in the end both parties are the party of corporations.

Here is a great example. AOC condemns the Republicans for not supporting raising the minimum wage (and they don't) but in the end it was the Democrats that killed it.

Now you can say it was a small number of Democrats but they know how to work it so that there are just enough votes to cover something while provided the more vulnerable with cover.

The minimum wage has not changed since 2009," the fact-check wrote, showing both parties have had adequate time to argue for and pass such a measure.

Neither has.

Minimum wage is pointless. Even McDonald's around here start between 12 and 15 depending on the area.
Government needs to butt out

The inflation we are experiencing is not because of a minimum wage. It's because of the trillions and trillions that were pumped into the markets.

You moron Marxists come up with the stupidest shit.

Causes of inflation:

Massive government spending
Stimulus payments
Absurd rises in minimum wage

To put it in terms you have no prayer of grasping - more dollars chasing a declining pool of goods and services.

Markets produce things, Comrade. As money goes in, goods and services increase. Hence they do not spur inflation.

The welfare check you live on produces nothing - it just empowers you to compete for goods and services while providing nothing to the economy.

You moron Marxists come up with the stupidest shit.

Causes of inflation:

Massive government spending
Stimulus payments
Absurd rises in minimum wage

To put it in terms you have no prayer of grasping - more dollars chasing a declining pool of goods and services.

Markets produce things, Comrade. As money goes in, goods and services increase. Hence they do not spur inflation.

The welfare check you live on produces nothing - it just empowers you to compete for goods and services while providing nothing to the economy.

Minimum wage hasn't risen in 13 years but yeah blame that. Lol

It does create a multiplying affect. Without it there would still be businesses trying to pay people $5.00 an hour. When these businesses have to pay a minimum wage it raises the wages elsewhere also.

Da Comrade, brilliant analysis. You must have gotten that idea from a wino in the gutter, or Paul Krugman.

Standard Disclaimer: Apologies to the wino - who is clearly more qualified in economics than that fool Krugsies

Forum List

Back