Appeals court (surprise surprise surprise) has rejected the Trump immunity motion

The fact is on January 6, until the congress voted, the election was not yet authorized. Trump as president sure could discuss with fans why he felt he won. It was not a crime per Democrats when VP Gore raised hell. It was no crime when a former Sec. of State Clinton raised hell and tried to overturn the election.
This case is about a narrow range of time. The time when Trump was still president and all Biden was was a common citizen, not sworn into office until two weeks later.
find me the votes!

The fact is on January 6, until the congress voted, the election was not yet authorized. Trump as president sure could discuss with fans why he felt he won. It was not a crime per Democrats when VP Gore raised hell. It was no crime when a former Sec. of State Clinton raised hell and tried to overturn the election.
This case is about a narrow range of time. The time when Trump was still president and all Biden was was a common citizen, not sworn into office until two weeks later.
Your equivocation fails. Gore conceded when he lost his court challenge before the EC voted. Hillary conceded in the wee hours of the morning after election day. Both of them urged their followers to accept defeat and come back strong and work hard to win the next election. Neither one tried to overturn their loss.

Being president doesn't give him immunity for the crimes he committed in his efforts to subvert the Constitution and the Election of 2020. I doubt that the Supreme Court will even take up the case.

"It's a CONSPIRACY"

Please send your money before the end of the day. To Trump.

Go for it. "What do you have to lose"

Neither of Gore or Clinton attempted to interfere with a Constitutionally mandated function of Congress.

WW

Neither of Gore or Clinton attempted to interfere with a Constitutionally mandated function of Congress.

WW
Trump did not do that. But Gore went so far he took it to the Supreme Court who ruled against him. Trump was not allowed his day in court.

Trump did not do that. But Gore went so far he took it to the Supreme Court who ruled against him. Trump was not allowed his day in court.
Sure he did. That’s what he was going by asking Pence to mess with the electoral vote certifications and not count some states.

Gore didn’t do that.

Your equivocation fails. Gore conceded when he lost his court challenge before the EC voted. Hillary conceded in the wee hours of the morning after election day. Both of them urged their followers to accept defeat and come back strong and work hard to win the next election. Neither one tried to overturn their loss.

Being president doesn't give him immunity for the crimes he committed in his efforts to subvert the Constitution and the Election of 2020. I doubt that the Supreme Court will even take up the case.
Let's discuss concessions first. There is no such law telling any candidate he or she must issue public words to the effect they lost.
That is nonsense spread by Democrats.
GORE put this country through hell by spending so much time in court. Trying to overturn the election. Still I never called for him to go to prison over this. Clinton to this day alleges she beat Trump. All I read for a year or more by Democrats is she beat Trump. They lied of course.

Sure he did. That’s what he was going by asking Pence to mess with the electoral vote certifications and not count some states.

Gore didn’t do that.
Frankly I doubt Pence got that word. And all he wanted from Pence was to follow the rules. Trumps election is the only election I know of where there was so many Democrats called to show up in Georgia from all over to change the election outcome. I expect that the other states also had that happen.

Frankly I doubt Pence got that word. And all he wanted from Pence was to follow the rules.

FPOTUS#45 didn't want Pence to follow the rules. The rules enshrined in the United States Code as the Electoral College Act of 1887 required:
  • The President of the Senate (the VP) open the EC certification from the State and announce the number.
  • That number was tallied unless there was an objection.
  • Objections had to be in writing and signed by a Senator and a Representative in tandem.
  • At which point counting was halted.
  • Each body adjourned to their respective chambers for 2 hours of debate and a vote.
  • Sustaining the objection required BOTH chambers to vote to uphold. If not, the vote was counted.
No where in the rules is there any indication that the VP (Acting as the President of the Senate) had any authority to arbitrarily not count certified election results from the state.

WW

Frankly I doubt Pence got that word. And all he wanted from Pence was to follow the rules. Trumps election is the only election I know of where there was so many Democrats called to show up in Georgia from all over to change the election outcome. I expect that the other states also had that happen.
That’s absolutely not true and there is substantial evidence, including testimony from Pence’s staff
about Trump specifically asking him to violate the electoral count act.

It’s pretty absurd to call Trump’s actions official when he didn’t actually take any official acts. All he did was try to compel and coerce people into doing what he wanted. He didn’t take official acts because he doesn’t have an official role.

Trump lost every challenge he brought. You're complaining now that the Alito Court didn't give him his due. LOL

No you absolutely brain dead retard.

What the court said is known

But even a lummox like you should know that it is subject to being appealed. The en banc panel of all those circuit court justices (not just the three who made this appellate ruling) is one option.

The other could be a direct appeal to SCOTUS.

It isn’t clear what you’ve been smoking. But, obviously, it can’t be good for you, ya jerkoff.
Um...retard?

One of the reasons we left the UK was because we don't believe in the divine right of kings.

Dipshit.

WW
I know for a fact that the Congress voted and that they also moved to a new venue. But Trump was not there at the Congress demanding anything. Trump wanted his fans to show up but not to destroy stuff inside the Capitol.

FPOTUS#45 didn't want Pence to follow the rules. The rules enshrined in the United States Code as the Electoral College Act of 1887 required:
  • The President of the Senate (the VP) open the EC certification from the State and announce the number.
  • That number was tallied unless there was an objection.
  • Objections had to be in writing and signed by a Senator and a Representative in tandem.
  • At which point counting was halted.
  • Each body adjourned to their respective chambers for 2 hours of debate and a vote.
  • Sustaining the objection required BOTH chambers to vote to uphold. If not, the vote was counted.
No where in the rules is there any indication that the VP (Acting as the President of the Senate) had any authority to arbitrarily not count certified election results from the state.

WW
Unless there was an objection..... From your own words.

Were there objections filed with Pence by congress critters?

There were in fact objections made to Pence inside the house that same day.

We only are able to read what the media allows us to read. We do not have independent sources from the very inside. When we are informed by congressmen and women they get called liars.

I do not trust those clowns very much. Do you trust the clowns?

Other historical evidence further supports our conclusion. For example, many founding-era sources state that an impeached-and-acquitted official may face criminal indictment and trial. Edmund Pendleton, President of the Virginia Ratifying Convention, noted that Senate obstruction of an impeachment charge would not allow an official to escape accountability because the people may yet resort to the Courts of Justice, as an Acquital [ sic] would not bar that remedy. The Documentary History of the Ratification of the Constitution 1773 (Merrill Jensen et al, eds. 1976) (Letter from Edmund Pendleton to James Madison, Oct. 8, 1787). Similarly, James Wilson a member of the Constitutional Convention committee that drafted the Impeachment Judgment Clause argued as follows: Though [Senators] may not be convicted on impeachment before the Senate , they may be tried by their country and if their criminality is established, the law will punish. A grand jury may present, a petit jury may convict, and the judges will pronounce the punishment.

https://static01.nyt.com/newsgraphics/documenttools/708c535c7592b43c/f77cb040-full.pdf

Gore didn’t do that.
Show me the copy of the written notice that Pence had to read to validate your claim.

Other historical evidence further supports our conclusion. For example, many founding-era sources state that an impeached-and-acquitted official may face criminal indictment and trial. Edmund Pendleton, President of the Virginia Ratifying Convention, noted that Senate obstruction of an impeachment charge would not allow an official to escape accountability because the people may yet resort to the Courts of Justice, as an Acquital [ sic] would not bar that remedy. The Documentary History of the Ratification of the Constitution 1773 (Merrill Jensen et al, eds. 1976) (Letter from Edmund Pendleton to James Madison, Oct. 8, 1787). Similarly, James Wilson a member of the Constitutional Convention committee that drafted the Impeachment Judgment Clause argued as follows: Though [Senators] may not be convicted on impeachment before the Senate , they may be tried by their country and if their criminality is established, the law will punish. A grand jury may present, a petit jury may convict, and the judges will pronounce the punishment.

https://static01.nyt.com/newsgraphics/documenttools/708c535c7592b43c/f77cb040-full.pdf
Keep every word of that in mind when it is Biden and his son being tried in courts of law.

Unless there was an objection..... From your own words.

Were there objections filed with Pence by congress critters?

There were in fact objections made to Pence inside the house that same day.

We only are able to read what the media allows us to read. We do not have independent sources from the very inside. When we are informed by congressmen and women they get called liars.

I do not trust those clowns very much. Do you trust the clowns?
An objection to votes from members of Congress leads to a debate and a vote on whether to accept the objection. Only after a majority of both houses vote to disregard the electoral certificate would the electoral votes be taken away.

Trump was asking Pence to refuse to even introduce the electoral certificate, thereby taking away the electoral votes without any debate or vote by Congress. The reason being that Trump and everyone knew the objections would fail the congressional vote.

Forum List

Back