Are black churches part of the problem?

Part of the problem with black culture

Churches are generally part of various societal problems. That said, your premise is fallacious.

Bullshit. Churches and synagogues are the moral backbone of our society. Even if you're an atheist the morality that guides you acquired is from the Judaeo-Christian guidelines, libturd.

Then how could black churches be responsible for problems in black society?

Good question. It's very simple they preach hate and black supremacy. Now I don't believe they are solely responsible for the problems in black society I believe they exacerbate the problems. Normal churches help guide people who spiritually lost and help them with their problems. Black Churches focus on whitey being the devil.

How often have you attended a black church?

2 times, but I've heard plenty of these preachers like Jeremiah Wright on television.

1. The Bills? If you're not from Western New York; you have no excuse... Lol

Black churches have been instrumental in the civil rights of blacks

Have you ever been to a black church?
I have and I am white. My grandparents were also married in a mostly black church back in the 30's. It is perfectly logical for people who are like minded in beliefs to go to church regardless of their skin color. Just because there are a few assinine radicals out there trying to make hate it does not mean others desire to join in their hate feast.

I've been to two. Once in high school when I was friends with a black kid. I went over to his apartment in the South Bronx, we were supposed to go to the movies and my friend suggested we go to his church first. I said ok. I made a mistake. The preacher was all about black power. And the other time I went to a black church was with my grandmother's nurses aid. And that wasn't much better.
What do you call Black power and why is that a problem?

Churches are generally part of various societal problems. That said, your premise is fallacious.

Bullshit. Churches and synagogues are the moral backbone of our society. Even if you're an atheist the morality that guides you acquired is from the Judaeo-Christian guidelines, libturd.

Then how could black churches be responsible for problems in black society?

Good question. It's very simple they preach hate and black supremacy. Now I don't believe they are solely responsible for the problems in black society I believe they exacerbate the problems. Normal churches help guide people who spiritually lost and help them with their problems. Black Churches focus on whitey being the devil.

How often have you attended a black church?

2 times, but I've heard plenty of these preachers like Jeremiah Wright on television.

:rolleyes:

I have and I am white. My grandparents were also married in a mostly black church back in the 30's. It is perfectly logical for people who are like minded in beliefs to go to church regardless of their skin color. Just because there are a few assinine radicals out there trying to make hate it does not mean others desire to join in their hate feast.

I've been to two. Once in high school when I was friends with a black kid. I went over to his apartment in the South Bronx, we were supposed to go to the movies and my friend suggested we go to his church first. I said ok. I made a mistake. The preacher was all about black power. And the other time I went to a black church was with my grandmother's nurses aid. And that wasn't much better.
I never heard the such but on tv. For all the racism that is supposed to be around it still boils down to just a few instigating. If people no matter what color they are join into hatred then they themselves are given over to it. It is pretty simple but then again a lot of churches and their preachers have turned astray seeking wealth verses the spirit. It is ashame to see or hear of people preaching hatred.

If some black churches are a problem in black communities, it is in the same way that some white churches (or mixed churches, etc) ore a problem in their respective communities.

There are many churches of whatever background that, instead of encouraging an active role in seeking relief from oppression through the temporal realm, leave their problems to future supernatural judgement to sort out.

In the same way, there is the matter of material want, again left to divine authority to rectify.

There is further the matter of churches exacting tribute from parishioners which could be more usefully spent bettering their own lives.

In these ways, many churches hinder individual growth and human progress, encouraging a slavish mentality which gives rise to frustration and rage. These problems though, are neither universal nor unique to America's black communities.

My opinion yes. They need to cut their racist bullshit out. They're not doing anyone any favors.

discuss

black people hate white people- period.

I said this to you before and I'll say it again - I don't believe all or even most black people hate whitey, but I do believe a larger % of them hate whites then vise versa. And I think the black church contributes to that.

My opinion yes. They need to cut their racist bullshit out. They're not doing anyone any favors.

discuss

I said this to you before and I'll say it again - I don't believe all or even most black people hate whitey, but I do believe a larger % of them hate whites then vise versa. And I think the black church contributes to that.

Yet you have nothing to show for that opinion other than......well your opinion. If its just your opinion then cool but I got the feeling you believe its a fact.

I didn't think it needed clarification, but it is my opinion.

discuss

Yet you have nothing to show for that opinion other than......well your opinion. If its just your opinion then cool but I got the feeling you believe its a fact.

Any group or institution - whether it's churches or "pundits" or anything else - that uses its position to keep many Black Americans isolated from society is complicit.

The division pimps, those who have a vested interest in keeping both "sides" of this issue angry, need to be shunned and marginalized by society ASAP.

When I was a kid

Alot of singing and dancing. Seemed like everyone was having a good time
Being raised Catholic where everything is so solemn and structured it seemed strange to see people actually enjoying themselves in church. Blacks get it......religious services should be a celebration

Without the influence of black churches, the civil rights movement would have been a war

How would you react if someone blew up your school or church? How would you react if your child were killed with a firebomb and the people who did it were not prosecuted? How would you react if someone spat on your child? How would you react if someone came in the middle of the night and lynched your father?

It was the black churches who kept protests non-violent. It was the churches that provided a means for blacks to air their grievances and provided guidance on what should be done. Civil Rights protestors were American Patriots and black churches were instrumental in the direction of the struggle

Forum List

Back