Are black churches part of the problem?

My opinion yes. They need to cut their racist bullshit out. They're not doing anyone any favors.

Isn't a church labeling itself a black church racist in and of it self?

discuss
Have you been to a "black church"? :dunno:

My guess is that they are by and large filled with love and rejoice, singing and dancing. And not racist bullshit.

Isn't a church declaring itself a black church racist in it of itself?

Last edited:
My opinion yes. They need to cut their racist bullshit out. They're not doing anyone any favors.

discuss

My guess is that they are by and large filled with love and rejoice, singing and dancing. And not racist bullshit.
?

For some reason my post was deleted. I fixed it.

Last edited:

discuss

?

For some reason my post was deleated. I fixed it.
Fix your spelling while you're at it. :slap:

discuss

Isn't a church declaring itself a black church racist in it of itself?
Oh. LOL that. Yes, for the simple fact that a church declaring itself a white church would most certainly be considered racist.

discuss

?

For some reason my post was deleated. I fixed it.
Fix your spelling while you're at it. :slap:

OK I deserved that.

Black churches can actually be pretty awesome. At least the ones I've seen.. people really get into it and are so full of spirit, especially with the singing. They aren't just goin' through the motions.

Lots of mana being generated in those places.​

Black churches can also be real sleaze pits. It is well known that a black preacher (and "bishop", as some black church elders in the south like to call themselves) will fuck every woman in the congregation. It is how the women symbolically given themselves to Jesus. This goes on A LOT. In addition, the black preachers almost always drive the nicest car in the congregation. Where do you think the money comes from for this?

Many black preachers stupidly walk around wearing the collar of a Roman Catholic priest, though they are really preaching in a bootleg Protestant church. They like it because it identifies them as "black clergy", which is like royalty in many middle to lower class black communities. I have also seen them with vanity plates on their cars identifying them as clergy, and bumper stickers and stickers on their windows identifying them as clergy.

Then there are black churches that do shit like provide for gambling, especially during the Wednesday night sessions. Church is much more for social and entertainment purposes than it is for whites. It provides them with a network for organizing gambling and entitlements fraud (eg, workshops for preparation of income tax returns where EIC is improperly and incorrectly claimed).

Then of course there are the tax dodge element. It is a wonderful tax exempt source of income for the preacher and top church officials. Also, there is a federal tax deduction for clergy housing expenses. If a preacher pays $1,000.00/mo. For his personal mortgage, then he can deduct $12,000.00 as a housing allowance. If his personal marginal rate is 20%, then he can fuck the IRS out of $2,400.00 of tax revenue,

I am not even getting into the who liberation theology bullshit, as that gets into the actual bullshit dogma. I am just pointing out a couple of the more obvious corruptions of black churches.

Black churches can actually be pretty awesome. At least the ones I've seen.. people really get into it and are so full of spirit, especially with the singing. They aren't just goin' through the motions.

Black churches can also be real sleaze pits. It is well known that a black preacher (and "bishop", as some black church elders in the south like to call themselves) will fuck every woman in the congregation. It is how the women symbolically given themselves to Jesus. This goes on A LOT. In addition, the black preachers almost always drive the nicest car in the congregation. Where do you think the money comes from for this?

Many black preachers stupidly walk around wearing the collar of a Roman Catholic priest, though they are really preaching in a bootleg Protestant church. They like it because it identifies them as "black clergy", which is like royalty in many middle to lower class black communities. I have also seen them with vanity plates on their cars identifying them as clergy, and bumper stickers and stickers on their windows identifying them as clergy.

Then there are black churches that do shit like provide for gambling, especially during the Wednesday night sessions. Church is much more for social and entertainment purposes than it is for whites. It provides them with a network for organizing gambling and entitlements fraud (eg, workshops for preparation of income tax returns where EIC is improperly and incorrectly claimed).

Then of course there are the tax dodge element. It is a wonderful tax exempt source of income for the preacher and top church officials. Also, there is a federal tax deduction for clergy housing expenses. If a preacher pays $1,000.00/mo. For his personal mortgage, then he can deduct $12,000.00 as a housing allowance. If his personal marginal rate is 20%, then he can fuck the IRS out of $2,400.00 of tax revenue,

I am not even getting into the who liberation theology bullshit, as that gets into the actual bullshit dogma. I am just pointing out a couple of the more obvious corruptions of black churches.

And some "white" Roman Catholic churches really seem to like their altar boys. :D Lol.

And some "white" Roman Catholic churches really seem to like their altar boys. :D Lol.

Yes, they do.

"Are black churches part of the problem?"

No, white racism is the problem.

African-American churches are part of the solution.

Without African American churches providing guidance, the civil rights movement would have been a bloodbath

The fact that they object to the treatment of blacks does not constitute racism

Well, I don't really think that black churches are the problem. I think most are probably not all that different from any other churches. Of course there are always exceptions, like the Reverend Wrights and the Westboro Baptists.

The Black churches I have attended preach Love,the love of Jesus Christ for his people.Not white supremacy or racism , so you agnostics should put your heads back into the sand and keep them there.

Is it OK if a white Rev. starts a white Christian church, or is only black denominations permissible?
You are welcome to start one...why don't you?

I don't think a white church would be welcomed as a matter of fact. Look we all know in society it's permissible to have black pride and it's not permissible for whites to have white pride. The reason as to the apparent double standard is to compensate for the fact American blacks were robbed of their cultural identity because of slavery. The only problem with that is there is a disconnect between what black pride means to blacks when expressed by them and with what it is supposed to mean. When a black person says I'm proud to be black they don't mean cultural pride, they mean racial pride.

How prevalent is black liberation theology in the black church? Marxist bullshit is what it is.

Is it OK if a white Rev. starts a white Christian church, or is only black denominations permissible?

I don't think a white church would be welcomed as a matter of fact. Look we all know in society it's permissible to have black pride and it's not permissible for whites to have white pride. The reason as to the apparent double standard is to compensate for the fact American blacks were robbed of their cultural identity because of slavery. The only problem with that is there is a disconnect between what black pride means to blacks when expressed by them and with what it is supposed to mean. When a black person says I'm proud to be black they don't mean cultural pride, they mean racial pride.

I guess it all comes down to where you stand on the power ladder

Whites have historically resided on the top wrungs, those on the lower wrungs in social power have to band together.
Those on the top wrungs banding together are viewed as doing so to keep the lower wrungs in their place

Whites have historically resided on the top wrungs, those on the lower wrungs in social power have to band together.
Those on the top wrungs banding together are viewed as doing so to keep the lower wrungs in their place

While that might be true, the existence of "black" churches is probably a lot related to their locations and existence from the times when there was segregation. We still have whole communities that are still all or mostly "black" from those times, and a lot of these kinds of churches are located in those neighborhoods. I think middle class neighborhoods are more diverse, so we have churches where white and black people attend.

While that might be true, the existence of "black" churches is probably a lot related to their locations and existence from the times when there was segregation. We still have whole communities that are still all or mostly "black" from those times, and a lot of these kinds of churches are located in those neighborhoods. I think middle class neighborhoods are more diverse, so we have churches where white and black people attend.
Initially, they were intentionally segregated

They assumed a role beyond religion and became part of the social and political structure of the black community

Forum List

Back