Are Libertarians kind of like the Amish and Mennonites?

Maybe if they put their theory to practice...

Currently they want open borders so people who hate freedoms can come to America in hordes. The politics have been co-opted by the far left.

Today libertarians are about as adept at maintaining liberty as the conservatives were in conserving the ladies bathrooms.
True libertarians are dangerous and would destroy this country just as fast as the Bernie Sanders left
Well, no, Libertarians just want to be free. The reason that "the country" would be "destroyed" is because states are naturally unsustainable and would collapse regardless. The average lifespan of a state is around 250 years, and this is because innovation, population growth, the law of diminishing returns, and the economic calculation problem will all destroy the state on their own, and nothing will prevent that.

Libertarians, whether they're ancoms, mutualists, agorists, or ancaps, are opposed to violent revolution. The act that accelerates the state's natural demise is counter-economics, and that's just trading among ourselves in a way that prevents the state from stealing from us.

TL;DR: 'THE PEOPLE WHO OPPOSE THE INITIATION OF FORCE ARE DANGEROUS' is projection, the state is what's dangerous, and those who support it are supporting violence against us.

18 year old female libertarian who writes in pink text...

I have seen it all now. Autism is unstoppable!
It's okay, I've noted your lack of an argument against my points, and I want to reassure you that I didn't expect you to have one.

Have a nice day.

Nothing wrong with your observational abilities, there indeed was no argument.

Are you straight or a lesbian?
That has nothing to do with the thread title, and nothing to do with my argument that you totally ignored in favor of launching an adhom attack. How about you stop derailing threads?

Maybe it used to be that way and maybe not but the libertarian movement is far from religious sects. Whatever politics existed in the libertarians in the last couple of decades has been hijacked by the pot heads. Today's libertarians are a drug sect dedicated to legalize marijuana and meth.
Cool story, absolute bullshit, but cool.

Living in there own little make believe political world far removed from new world / real world reality?
As much as I like some of their old-school positions, much of what they desire politically speaking and in terms of governance is just too far fetched for our current barely first world society full of thirdworld minded twisted filth isn't it?
I mean, can we really grant indecent, immoral human beings the personal liberties and freedoms that we could grant the citizenry centuries ago without putting the freedom and liberty of others in jeopardy?

Currently they want open borders so people who hate freedoms can come to America in hordes. The politics have been co-opted by the far left.

Today libertarians are about as adept at maintaining liberty as the conservatives were in conserving the ladies bathrooms.
True libertarians are dangerous and would destroy this country just as fast as the Bernie Sanders left
Well, no, Libertarians just want to be free. The reason that "the country" would be "destroyed" is because states are naturally unsustainable and would collapse regardless. The average lifespan of a state is around 250 years, and this is because innovation, population growth, the law of diminishing returns, and the economic calculation problem will all destroy the state on their own, and nothing will prevent that.

Libertarians, whether they're ancoms, mutualists, agorists, or ancaps, are opposed to violent revolution. The act that accelerates the state's natural demise is counter-economics, and that's just trading among ourselves in a way that prevents the state from stealing from us.

TL;DR: 'THE PEOPLE WHO OPPOSE THE INITIATION OF FORCE ARE DANGEROUS' is projection, the state is what's dangerous, and those who support it are supporting violence against us.
Well said.

It's insulting that a poster includes the good people of the Amish and Mennonites in an inane ignorant post about the modern Libertarian movement. Get it right, modern libertarians are pot heads and meth addicts.

It's insulting that a poster includes the good people of the Amish and Mennonites in an inane ignorant post about the modern Libertarian movement. Get it right, modern libertarians are pot heads and meth addicts.

no we are not, but modern libertarians think that people should be allowed to choose to be pot heads and meth addicts.

we do not approve of the nanny state that you wish us all to live in

Living in there own little make believe political world far removed from new world / real world reality?
As much as I like some of their old-school positions, much of what they desire politically speaking and in terms of governance is just too far fetched for our current barely first world society full of thirdworld minded twisted filth isn't it?
I mean, can we really grant indecent, immoral human beings the personal liberties and freedoms that we could grant the citizenry centuries ago without putting the freedom and liberty of others in jeopardy?

"Libertarians" come in many flavors. The ones I call dangerous do not believe in borders, support abortion, prostitution and see no consequences to society in drug abuse and other nonsense.

Welcome back Pumpkin, you've been missed

"Libertarians" come in many flavors. The ones I call dangerous do not believe in borders, support abortion, prostitutionsee no consequences to society in drug abuse and other nonsense.
Mind your own business and keep your hands to yourself. What is so hard to understand?
And you can't see in your own post 5hat you are dictating to others
Well, no actual Libertarian believes in borders, they're imaginary lines, drawn by politicians and enforced with violence. Someone crossing an imaginary line is just practicing their individual autonomy, and violently attacking them for doing so is an initiation of force, which makes "borders" unethical.

"Libertarians" who support "abortion" are not Libertarians, as "abortion" violates the non-aggression principle, and the non-aggression principle is what Libertarians follow.

Nothing about prostitution is unethical, it's two consenting adults making a transaction which only involves their own property. Violently attacking someone for doing this would be unethical, since they're not initiating force against anyone. Libertarians, therefor, are in favor of prostitution.

Doing drugs is also completely ethical, the exchange is between two consenting people, the products and services involved are their own property. If the drug hurts the person who uses it, this is fine, since they consented to it, and their body is their own property. As with prostitution, initiating force against people making a peaceful exchange is unethical. Libertarians are, therefor, in favor of drug usage.

If Libertarians were to support any act which involves the state, they would no longer be logically consistent, since all state acts are coercive. It's a pretty simple ideology, and since the ethics are supported by logic, anyone else can pretty easily come to the same conclusions.

EDIT: Thanks, I didn't think anyone noticed that I was gone.

Last edited:

Relax Bud...the relation was not intended in a literal sense...Are you posting from your horse and buggy right now?

MakesSmile.jpg

3rd party voters are as patriotic as ANY other voters. According to the op there is only one way to vote. Yaaaaaaaaaaaawnnnnnnnn. Falling on deaf ears.

Today's libertarians are a drug sect dedicated to legalize marijuana and meth.
That's what the media and R and D politico's want you to believe-

libertarians don't believe the state has the authority to tell an Individual what he can or can't ingest- and, I'd like for one of the strong constitutionalist here to point out in the constitution where that is an enumerated power.
legalizing it will stop criminalizing- pretty simple concept- criminalizing costs tax payers a lot of money that they could spend on themselves- and, it causes innocent people to get killed- this one even got it's own wikipedia page-

On January 28, 2019, in the Pecan Park area in the East End district of Houston,[1] Houston Police Department (HPD) officers initiated a no-knock raid on a house, killing the two homeowners, a married husband and wife: Dennis Wayne Tuttle and Rhogena Ann Nicholas.[2] They were ages 59 and 58, respectively.[3] Five HPD officers sustained injuries.[1]

St. John Barned-Smith and Keri Blakinger of the Houston Chronicle described the event as "one of the worst [scandals] to hit HPD in years".[1]

Pecan Park raid

but, hey, the price of freedom. Right?!

Forum List

Back