Are racial stats constitutional?

How can information be unconstitutional?
The government's role in collecting, disseminating, and manipulating racial stats that harm innocent citizens is the gist of my complaint. American citizens should not be stigmatized by their own government's actions.
Minority groups in America are already at a distinct disadvantage politically as well as socially. Race based criminal statistics only exacerbates the plight of innocent blacks who make up the majority of black Americans. Information, in some forms, can cause constitutional breeches that abrogate the 14th Amendment and some of the Bill of Rights.

You can't blame the data for the way people use it.
I'm not blaming the data, you are. Creating a straw man is not going to hide your trolling agenda.

Last edited:
The government's role in collecting, disseminating, and manipulating racial stats that harm innocent citizens is the gist of my complaint. American citizens should not be stigmatized by their own government's actions.
Minority groups in America are already at a distinct disadvantage politically as well as socially. Race based criminal statistics only exacerbates the plight of innocent blacks who make up the majority of black Americans. Information, in some forms, can cause constitutional breeches that abrogate the 14th Amendment and some of the Bill of Rights.

I'm not blaming the data, you are. Creating of straw man is not going to hide your trolling agenda.

My "trolling agenda"?

That's cute.

You're claiming that statistical data on race is somehow "unconstitutional" - and using bad things that people use data for as an example.

What part of the Constitution says that data shouldn't be collected because people might jump to conclusions?

I'm not blaming the data, you are. Creating of straw man is not going to hide your trolling agenda.

My "trolling agenda"?

That's cute.

You're claiming that statistical data on race is somehow "unconstitutional" - and using bad things that people use data for as an example.

What part of the Constitution says that data shouldn't be collected because people might jump to conclusions?
Yes you do appear to be trolling because you ignored my explanation concerning the government's role in collecting and disseminating the data while continuing to to focus on the data itself. It is the role of the government that concerns me.

Last edited:

My "trolling agenda"?

That's cute.

Yes you do appear to be trolling because you ignored my explanation concerning the government's role in collecting and disseminating the data while continuing to to focus on the data itself. It is the role of the government that concerns me!

and trying to focus on o Limpye date

What part of the Constitution forbids the government from collecting or disseminating data?

It's actually required by the Constitution.

My "trolling agenda"?

That's cute.

Yes you do appear to be trolling because you ignored my explanation concerning the government's role in collecting and disseminating the data while continuing to to focus on the data itself. It is the role of the government that concerns me!

What part of the Constitution forbids the government from collecting or disseminating data?

keep in mind we were talking about criminal racial statistics not the US Census.

keep in mind we were talking about criminal racial statistics not the US Census.

I know.

You still haven't explained how collecting criminal racial statistics violates the Constitution.

I know.

You still haven't explained how collecting criminal racial statistics violates the Constitution.
Yes I have, but you'll have to go back to the beginning of this thread and find them
dispersed among other responses. You should have done that before even asking the question.

I know.

Yes I have, but you'll have to go back to the beginning of this thread and find them
dispersed among other responses. You should have done that before even asking the question.

I've followed the thread. I guess I must have missed it.

Can you tell me what part of the Constitution would forbid the government to track crime statistics?

I know.

Can you tell me what part of the Constitution would forbid the government to track crime statistics?
Look again! I don't like repeating myself. Good night I'm off to bed.

I did. Didn't find anything like what I asked for.

Feel free to respond when you wake up.

I did. Didn't find anything like what I asked for.

Feel free to respond when you wake up.
Well, I have to admit, you are hanging in there like a 50 pound booger. It's not my job to interpret the Constitution, neither is it yours. As laymen our interpretations are speculative at best. Even when we read something in the Constitution that seems to be logical and to the point, the USSC's interpretation may be completely different and illogical. Nevertheless, laymen can provide the impetus for stimulating an judicial inquiry into a perceived Civil wrong. Indeed, I have alluded to the Constitutional XIVth Amendment and the Bill of Rights as the bases for my complaint. In an informal setting such as this, I see no need to further elaborate. I formed the title of this thread as a question in order to solicit participation from the readers. All interpretations are welcome whether or not they are in agreement with my own; including yours...

Forum List

Back