Are really sure you want gay marriage?

Think about it. I mean, look at the divorce rate. Over fifty percent. Then you have alimony and child support. Speaking of which, how would you decide who pays? It's usually the husband who pays. Which one is the husband? With two guys, I guess it would be the pitcher. But which of the lesbos would be the husband? So, if you really want all the problems of marriage, I can be a good little liberal on this one. I believe in the equal sharing of misery. Have at it.

Why does it matter so much to conservatives? I'll never understand WHY most are against gay marriage.
Because it's another chink in their armor of so-called Christian morality. When society advances, they lose. Simple as that.

Think about it. I mean, look at the divorce rate. Over fifty percent. Then you have alimony and child support. Speaking of which, how would you decide who pays? It's usually the husband who pays. Which one is the husband? With two guys, I guess it would be the pitcher. But which of the lesbos would be the husband? So, if you really want all the problems of marriage, I can be a good little liberal on this one. I believe in the equal sharing of misery. Have at it.

Why does it matter so much to conservatives? I'll never understand WHY most are against gay marriage.
Because it's another chink in their armor of so-called Christian morality. When society advances, they lose. Simple as that.

Personally, I couldn't care less who gets married, as long as both are consenting adults.

Personally, I couldn't care less who gets married, as long as both are consenting adults.
Good on you...

I'm against it simply because I'm against dishonesty, fakery and hoaxes.

How about a guy who wants to marry his adult sister?

That's the problem with liberals. No moral compass. If it feels good, do it.

I'm against it simply because I'm against dishonesty, fakery and hoaxes.

That doesn't make sense. Why would you care the reasons why people you don't even know decide to marry? And besides that, heterosexual couples get married for all kinds of reasons too.

That's a little different than two gay people who aren't related. We've had this discussion before.

That's the problem with liberals. No moral compass. If it feels good, do it.

I'm a libertarian, but regardless your morality doesn't mean anything to other people. You don't get to force your morality onto others.

That's a little different than two gay people who aren't related. We've had this discussion before.

The logic used to justify ghey marriage is exactly the same. Yeah, I know you disagreed without presenting any logic to justify it.

So what?

We want a minimalist libertarian state that hands out contracts to consenting adults. We don't want a Big Moral Government who takes the place of churches by stipulating the kinds of acceptable marriage.

Okay. There's very little support for dismantling state recognized marriage in this country, nor the legal invalidation of every marriage certificate. Nor any plausible path toward its implementation.

And if you want an individual contract that the State doesn't get involved in.....you have it.
State Free marriage is already on the table for anyone that wants it. For those who want it, there is state sanctioned and protected marriage.

Sounds like a win-win to me.

We want a minimalist libertarian state that hands out contracts to consenting adults. We don't want a Big Moral Government who takes the place of churches by stipulating the kinds of acceptable marriage.

Okay. There's very little support for dismantling state recognized marriage in this country, nor the legal invalidation of every marriage certificate. Nor any plausible path toward its implementation.

And if you want an individual contract that the State doesn't get involved in.....you have it.
State Free marriage is already on the table for anyone that wants it. For those who want it, there is state sanctioned and protected marriage.

Of course it sounds like a win-win to you. You're someone who wipes his ass on the Constitution and takes dick up your ass.

Has anyone ever espoused marriage without consequences? All people really want is the opportunity to marry someone they are devoted to. Everyone goes into the marriage contract knowing that there will be bumps in the road. But no one wants to have a divorce. Yet, they happen.

No they don't. There is no right for Adam to marry Steve. Adam and Steve can never conceive a child, so there is no justification for them to be married.
The courts overwhelming have stated that on this point bripat is full of shit.

The courts are not the arbiters of truth, Fakey.
Silly comment. We are talking about Constitutional law not Christian "truth."

Where did I use the word "Christian?" I'm an atheist, Fakey. Truth is truth, regardless of what some judge rules.

Of course it sounds like a win-win to you? You're someone who wipes his ass on the Constitution and takes dick up your ass.

'Dicks up the ass', I leave to you. As for the constitution, the 14th amendment protects the rights of gays as much as any other American.

As it should.

Of course it sounds like a win-win to you? You're someone who wipes his ass on the Constitution and takes dick up your ass.
This is bripat's response when he cannot answer it logically. He ad homs. Smile, because it means you are doing very well.

'Dicks up the ass', I leave to you. As for the constitution, the 14th amendment protects the rights of gays as much as any other American.

As it should.

True, but there is no right for Adam to marry Steve. Marriage is for people with the correct combination of biological equipment. Any claims to the contrary are pure sophistry.

Forum List

Back