Are Republicans really going to take away your interest deduction?

Anybody in the real estate game such as Trump isn't for elimination of the mortgage interest deduction. Per Trump's proposed tax plan: "Charitable giving and mortgage interest deductions will remain unchanged for all taxpayers."

Any mention of its elimination is probably simply to make Trump crap his pants.

Wrong!!! ^^^

and cut taxes for those who profit from your monthly mortgage payment?

They're considering it.
this has been considered for what, 6+ years now. given that, who would have started that idea?

but hey - bring it up now and blame the other side.

Considered by who? And it was the Republican's and Trump&Co who passed the Tax Fraud Bill.

President Trump is a genius. He's got liberals up in arms over possible tax increases.
the gop is going to raise taxes? since when? roflmao

the Gop is going to increase spending, cut taxes with the 1% getting more than us, and pass the bill to our kids. Who are fucked.

CORRECT AND SPOT ON ^^^

President Trump is a genius. He's got liberals up in arms over possible tax increases.
the gop is going to raise taxes? since when? roflmao
He did say, although it probably was bullshit, that the rich will get NO cuts
Well, we'll see. The Freedom Caucus will not agree. It's unfortunate in that if Ryan and Trump were both on the same team, we might have seen some real tax reform for the first time since Reagan.

Ryan, the Freedom Caucus and nearly ever member of Congress, joined with Trump&Co to turn our democratic republic into an oligarchy.

They're considering it.
As well they should

We should get rid of ALL tax deductions and initiate a flat tax on all income

A perfect plan ^^^ to create a banana republic.

Yeah a simple one rate tax plan instead of the hundred thousand page nightmare we have now will surely cripple the country.

Why is it you people think an income tax is any different than a sales tax? Every other tax levied is a flat tax but for some reason applying that obviously successful and easily manged tax to income puts your panties in a twist.

Ignorant and wrong ^^^

TWUMP IS STILL PWESIDENT!!!

tenor.gif

I've just shown the MID artificially BOOSTS home prices and that eliminating it, far from being a monkey wrench, would restore the housing market to its natural price level.

Now ask yourself: Who is benefiting from our government interfering in the market and boosting higher home prices?

Answer: Home builders, lenders, realtors.

The MID is a massive government wealth transfer scheme up the food chain.

You forgot all current homeowners in your answer.
All current mortgage borrowers are enjoying a tax deduction which is paid for by higher tax rates on every taxpayer. I don't feel sorry for them at all. They are stealing from every taxpayer. They are receiving a government gift which is no different than food stamps.

I have a mortgage myself. I would gladly give up the MID and every other boondoggle tax expenditure in exchange for lower tax rates.

Well, you got your wish ^^^. However that standard deduction will go away soon, and then you may not be so glad. And, btw, Real Estate Moguls can still deduct the mortgage Interest and use other other deductions as a business expense.

Anybody in the real estate game such as Trump isn't for elimination of the mortgage interest deduction. Per Trump's proposed tax plan: "Charitable giving and mortgage interest deductions will remain unchanged for all taxpayers."

Wrong!!! ^^^

Glad I'm not relying on you to do my taxes.

They're considering it.
As well they should

Yeah a simple one rate tax plan instead of the hundred thousand page nightmare we have now will surely cripple the country.

Why is it you people think an income tax is any different than a sales tax? Every other tax levied is a flat tax but for some reason applying that obviously successful and easily manged tax to income puts your panties in a twist.

Ignorant and wrong ^^^
Wow it only took you from Sept of 2017 to come up with that witty cut me to the quick response.

Wrong!!! ^^^

Glad I'm not relying on you to do my taxes.

Nor me. That one page declaration will be too hard for me, especially since that one page is still a lie.

They're considering it.
As well they should

Ignorant and wrong ^^^

Wow it only took you from Sept of 2017 to come up with that witty cut me to the quick response.

Maybe you ought to consider what I write and leave your biases aside.

As well they should

Ignorant and wrong ^^^

Maybe you ought to consider what I write and leave your biases aside.

Why would I consider anything you write when it takes you months to reply with nothing worth reading?

Forum List

Back