Are there any left leaning or liberal mods?

could we please focus on this thread and its topic...which is why arent there any left leaning or liberal mods...and why just one female....

is there a glass ceiling on usmb?

i think we all have gathered that not everyone is happy with all the mod appts....that is to be expected...the bad mods will show themselves...as he has done in the past....

i have been perplexed by a few of the appointments but i dont own this board...and what is the basic reason to own and run a board...to make money...as long as the post counts and membership is up...the board is working for the owners....simple as that

I nominate you.

What I DON'T want to see though is somebody being put on as mod out of some affirmative action kind of thing. You know, to achieve balance. I want mods whether left, right, or center to be people who will do the job competently and impartially.

I miss EZ too. And Care.

Care was the best

If Pale and bones are going to start dating as a result of this thread, I am going to officially declare that miracles do happen and anything is possible. :)

What I DON'T want to see though is somebody being put on as mod out of some affirmative action kind of thing. You know, to achieve balance. I want mods whether left, right, or center to be people who will do the job competently and impartially.

I miss EZ too. And Care.

But that wouldn't be faiiiiiiiirrrrrrr!!!

I miss EZ too. And Care.

LOL. I just frankly don't care what ideology or sex a moderator is. So long as they are impartial in their rulings, that's what I want to be fair.

Like others I don't have a clue who all the mods are--I do know who some are and I don't look at those as left, right, or center--and I don't know how to look that up. I honestly don't care what their sociopolitical leanings are any more than I care what political leanings my grocer or plumber or hairdresser has. I just want folks who know how to do the job.

Last edited:
could we please focus on this thread and its topic...which is why arent there any left leaning or liberal mods...and why just one female....

is there a glass ceiling on usmb?

i think we all have gathered that not everyone is happy with all the mod appts....that is to be expected...the bad mods will show themselves...as he has done in the past....

i have been perplexed by a few of the appointments but i dont own this board...and what is the basic reason to own and run a board...to make money...as long as the post counts and membership is up...the board is working for the owners....simple as that

The thread topic has turned to what qualities and who might be a good choice for the next mod. Asking silly questions like, is there a glass ceiling? A list of some past female mods was just made and many saw them as good at their job. Why play the victim card?

I miss EZ too. And Care.

LOL. I just frankly don't care what ideology or sex a moderator is. So long as they are impartial in their rulings, that's what I want to be fair.

Like others I don't have a clue who all the mods are--I do know who some are and I don't look at those as left, right, or center--and I don't know how to look that up. I honestly don't care what their sociopolitical leanings are any more than I care what political leanings my grocer or plumber or hairdresser has. I just want folks who know how to do the job.

I agree, Fox, it shouldn't matter... it's not like I'm the only girl in the men's locker room or something... :lol: Not that I would complain if I was tho... :lol:

Neither do grades in school or evaulations at work. :eusa_whistle:
Well, they actually DO mean something.

Do you honestly think rep is on that same level?

(I think gawd is going to strike me dead for agreeing with TM, but even a monkey can type Shakespeare if given enough time.)

TM is a hypocrite though, shes only conveniently saying rep means nothing cause hers is crashing hard right now.

I don't think it does mean anything to her at this point. I keep wondering what it means to posters who continue to neg her everyday.

I am sure you have some, you do have a history of being a cry baby..I will make sure I never neg you, we know how well you react when that happens. :lol:

Good luck Pale, you will need it.

Yeah the tables have turned haven't they hon. You always were kind of a snively little bitch and Gunny had to tell you not to abuse the rep. I hope you learned your lesson.

And thanks, being a mod here does keep ya busy, but I can handle it. We have lots of good mods and admin, and like me, they're all fair, regardless of their political leanings.

don't hurt yourself patting your own back. :lol:

foxy....there is no one getting paid for being a volunteer mod......

so implying there is a glass ceiling is what? sarcasm ...

why in the world would you think someone can be a 'victim' on the net

Tissue?[/QUOT
I am sure you have some, you do have a history of being a cry baby..I will make sure I never neg you, we know how well you react when that happens. :lol:

Good luck Pale, you will need it.

Yeah the tables have turned haven't they hon. You always were kind of a snively little bitch and Gunny had to tell you not to abuse the rep. I hope you learned your lesson.

And thanks, being a mod here does keep ya busy, but I can handle it. We have lots of good mods and admin, and like me, they're all fair, regardless of their political leanings.
I didn't abuse the rep system, I don't think negging someone three times in a week is abusing. And you deserved every one of them. And Gunny didn't tell me to stop abusing the rep system, he told me to stop making you cry pretty much. I don't neg much, but if I do; it is usually over a racist or homophobic post. You post both.
Willow got twice the other day, you didn't see me crying to the admin like a baby. Si Modo even negged me at least three times in a week, I never complained... And now look, we are getting along because we agree on the fact you are horrible choice for a mod.

"Yeah the tables have turned haven't they hon." ]

Yeah, that part makes me feel alright about starting this thread.

And you hope I learned my lesson?

I don't care if you are fair and balanced, you didn't deserve to be a mod.

Well, they actually DO mean something.

Do you honestly think rep is on that same level?

(I think gawd is going to strike me dead for agreeing with TM, but even a monkey can type Shakespeare if given enough time.)

TM is a hypocrite though, shes only conveniently saying rep means nothing cause hers is crashing hard right now.

I don't think it does mean anything to her at this point. I keep wondering what it means to posters who continue to neg her everyday.

Usually the people who keep saying they don't care about rep actually do, if she really didn't care she wouldn't mention it.

I have been banned, but I deserved it. :lol:

I think I have actually been banned twice???
Some folks say I was banned at one time, but I never noticed any banning, any infraction, and no one from staff could confirm that I had ever been banned.

So, that is a total mystery to me. :lmao:

I was banned for a month, best thing that happened to me. I love this place, even with the recent bad decision, but I needed to step back some.

Usually the people who keep saying they don't care about rep actually do, if she really didn't care she wouldn't mention it.

Does she mention it that much?

Forum List

Back