Are there any left leaning or liberal mods?

Dear mods,

If you put a bunch of fair minded people in mod positions it will make it hard to bitch and moan about the mods. Where is the fun in that? Some here live to whine while others whine to live.

Sincerely,

Apparently not disgruntled enough

Most boards are mostly right wing mods. I think it's an authoritarian trait to want to be a mod (cop, soldier, prison guard etc) someone with power, a control freak kind of personality. It's a right wing sort of job.

I think left leaning people aren't as interested in control and power hungry as right leaning people. That's my explanation for the phenomenon of boards mostly run by right wingers.

But Pale Rider? Holy Shit people, what are you thinking?

I still think you'd be a great mod, Bones. When I look at who they passed up to bring the last three on board, I have NO IDEA what was going on in their minds.

And since there are currently two admins and two mods on site, I can't help wondering why this thread is still running.

Perhaps we aren't as bad as you perceive us to be.
Just saying......:eusa_whistle:

I thought this was the one board that didn't constantly punish for questioning authority? Has that changed?

I still think you'd be a great mod, Bones. When I look at who they passed up to bring the last three on board, I have NO IDEA what was going on in their minds.

And since there are currently two admins and two mods on site, I can't help wondering why this thread is still running.

Perhaps we aren't as bad as you perceive us to be.
Just saying......:eusa_whistle:

I only actually have any kind of issue with two of them. I haven't had that much interaction with PR.

I have no problem with ANY of the mods, even those I've gone a round or two with. And until they give reason to make us believe that they are irresponsible or incompetent in their positions, I think all should have our support as well as profound appreciation despite their lavish compensation and perks. :)

Really, you guys that seem to have problems with some of the recent appontments being 'polarizing', should put it into proper perspective.

They could have picked me. :)
Personally, I have had no problem with any of them, either.

This is more a question of the perception of the body of orange by the membership.

In this case, perception is important.

KittenCoder - Female - Liberal - quit
Jillian - Female - Liberal - quit
Care4All - Female - Liberal - quit
EchoZulu - Female - Liberal - quit

The board isn't biased, mods are free to move on, and they do.

I have been banned, but I deserved it. :lol:

I think I have actually been banned twice???
Some folks say I was banned at one time, but I never noticed any banning, any infraction, and no one from staff could confirm that I had ever been banned.

So, that is a total mystery to me. :lmao:

I was banned for a month, best thing that happened to me. I love this place, even with the recent bad decision, but I needed to step back some.

I have never been banned here, but I have taken a hiatus by personal choice.

What I DON'T want to see though is somebody being put on as mod out of some affirmative action kind of thing. You know, to achieve balance. I want mods whether left, right, or center to be people who will do the job competently and impartially.

I am in total agreement but this board does need some balance in regards to staff. Any moderating team/site should have a good balance of males and females in staff positions. It's just a better dynamic....

I am in agreement that there are probably some who are so conscious of that, they are uncomfortable. And I certainly have no problem with there being a good mix of good mods. I'm just saying that I'm not uncomfortable based on gender, sociopolitical ideology, or sexual orientation or anything else. I am uncomfortable with those who can't check their gender and ideology at the door when they mod, and hope that we don't dilute an effective mod squad just to achieve some sort of balance of something.
Well said.

Mean Old USMB said:
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Foxfyre again.

i dont care about their political leanings as much as their fairness and objectivity

I do, especially when they appoint someone like Pale to be a mod. The right would flip if Truthmatters was made a mod.....I don't post much here anymore, and it has nothing to do with the politics of this board, but I still don't want to see this place go down the toilet because they want to bulk up on right wing mods.

Generally sanity is a trait mods are picked for.... liesmatters would not fit that bill...unless it was the insane running the asylum kind of thing.

So of the last three mods, all three are trolls - yeah, I'll take the hits too - who lean hard right. But that was an admin decision, long may they wave.

Really?
You consider me a troll? I'm hurt.

P.S. I answered your PM.

I don't consider you one of the last three mods. If I have reversed you and Trajan, I apologize.

I am one of the latest three.
Apology accepted.

i dont care about their political leanings as much as their fairness and objectivity

I do, especially when they appoint someone like Pale to be a mod. The right would flip if Truthmatters was made a mod.....I don't post much here anymore, and it has nothing to do with the politics of this board, but I still don't want to see this place go down the toilet because they want to bulk up on right wing mods.

Generally sanity is a trait mods are picked for.... liesmatters would not fit that bill...unless it was the insane running the asylum kind of thing.

If that were true I wouldn't be a mod........ :eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back