Are Trump supporters actually dumb enough to think he would have confronted the FL shooter unarmed?

I believe him. He surely would have done more than the 'Resource Officer' Scot Peterson did. What's the point of having a Police Officer permanently stationed at a school, if he or she runs and hides when the kids need them most? Our Government Schools are such a sad nightmare at this point.

Why didn't Peterson go in? Maybe he was afraid. What t
has Trump ever done in his life that makes you think he would put his life on the line for other people?

Trump is actually claiming he would have confronted the Florida shooter unarmed. Are his supporters actually stupid enough to buy this? Probably so. Afterall, they thought it was brave he tried so hard to avoid Vietnam.

Trump claims he would have 'run in' and confronted the Parkland shooter 'even if I didn't have a weapon'

The answer to your question are they dumb enough to believe that? Yes of course they are, that's why he's President.

trumpshockreuters.jpg

"The only thing that might be more perplexing than the psychology of Donald Trump is the psychology of his supporters. In their eyes, The Donald can do no wrong. Even Trump himself seems to be astonished by this phenomenon. “I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody, and I wouldn’t lose any voters, OK? It’s, like, incredible.”
  1. The Dunning-Kruger Effect:
Some believe that many of those who support Donald Trump do so because of ignorance — basically they are under-informed or misinformed about the issues at hand. When Trump tells them that crime is skyrocketing in the United States, or that the economy is the worst it’s ever been, they simply take his word for it.

The seemingly obvious solution would be to try to reach those people through political ads, expert opinions, and logical arguments that educate with facts. Except none of those things seem to be swaying any Trump supporters from his side, despite great efforts to deliver this information to them directly.

The Dunning-Kruger effect explains that the problem isn’t just that they are misinformed; it’s that they are completely unaware that they are misinformed. This creates a double burden.

Studies have shown that people who lack expertise in some area of knowledge often have a cognitive bias that prevents them from realizing that they lack expertise. As psychologist David Dunning puts it in an op-ed for Politico, “The knowledge and intelligence that are required to be good at a task are often the same qualities needed to recognize that one is not good at that task — and if one lacks such knowledge and intelligence, one remains ignorant that one is not good at the task. This includes political judgment.” Essentially, they’re not smart enough to realize they’re dumb.

And if one is under the illusion that they have sufficient or even superior knowledge, then they have no reason to defer to anyone else’s judgment. This helps explain why even nonpartisan experts — like military generals and Independent former Mayor of New York/billionaire CEO Michael Bloomberg — as well as some respected Republican politicians, don’t seem to be able to say anything that can change the minds of loyal Trump followers.

Out of immense frustration, some of us may feel the urge to shake a Trump supporter and say, “Hey! Don’t you realize that he’s an idiot?!” No. They don’t. That may be hard to fathom, but that’s the nature of the Dunning-Kruger effect — one’s ignorance is completely invisible to them."
A neuroscientist explains what may be wrong with Trump supporters' brains

This ignorance comes from a large segment of our country insisting on living in a right wing media bubble for the last 20 years. Being brainwashed into believing that all other news sources are FAKE. Then ignorance can be very easily manipulated by right wing talk show hosts, right wing news sites and of course FOX NEWS.

57c08d44b996eb94008b4be1-1136-852.png

Donald Trump broke the conservative media

249f30b33cec6d5d84161c1b321fa879.jpg

Putting out 3 or more daily hours of right wing hyperbole, half truths, misconceptions, lies and enough conspiracy theories to fill the capital building from floor to ceiling. And every bit of it is believed---:auiqs.jpg:

Last edited:
Trump is actually claiming he would have confronted the Florida shooter unarmed. Are his supporters actually stupid enough to buy this? Probably so. Afterall, they thought it was brave he tried so hard to avoid Vietnam.

Trump claims he would have 'run in' and confronted the Parkland shooter 'even if I didn't have a weapon'

Trump is a narcissistic attention whore. He likes to troll people like you, Billy, and you fall for it every time.
The fact that you think it isn’t a problem he is a narcissist shows how truly stupid you are.

I voted for Trump. He would have been just been another victim, ironically, that would played into either pro or anti gunners hands depending on the spin. Now, if the bad guy had NEVER had a gun to begin with, now there's the meat and potatoes of this argument. Sounds delish... But we will go round and round on that like a puppy dog forever chasing it's tail.

The answer to your question are they dumb enough to believe that? Yes of course they are, that's why he's President.

Trump Claims He Would Have Personally Stopped Florida Shooter. Critics Aren't So Sure

“You don’t know until you test it, but I really believe I’d run in there even if I didn’t have a weapon,” Trump said at a gathering of governors Monday at the White House.

This is laughable on it's face.

Remember te G7 summit

trump-lazy-world-leaders-golf-cart-SDf.png

According to the Times, all the leaders walked "700 yards" from a group photo op to another spot in town—except for Trump, who apparently needed a ride in an electric golf cart to cover that ground.

Fucking commie propaganda, how about you provide the full quote.

BTW all I found at your link was a headline with no story attached.

Look at post # 127

“You don’t know until you test it, but I really believe I’d run in there even if I didn’t have a weapon,” Trump said at a gathering of governors Monday at the White House. “And I think most of the people in this room would have done that, too.”

Fucking commie propaganda, how about you provide the full quote.

BTW all I found at your link was a headline with no story attached.

Look at post # 127

“You don’t know until you test it, but I really believe I’d run in there even if I didn’t have a weapon,” Trump said at a gathering of governors Monday at the White House. “And I think most of the people in this room would have done that, too.”

I heard it live and again tonight, I heard, "You don't know until you're tested". For the uneducated on this board and in the propaganda media that is know as a caveat. It means you think you know how you might react, but you really don't know until the situation comes up. The OP, being a commie propagandist himself knows that, he just doesn't care. Perceived political points are far more important than the truth.

In an interview with Howard stern he was laughing about not helping an older man who fell and was bleeding.
Even of you are deaf and can' hear him, just his body language can tell you that he is a scum bag and a coward.

In an interview with Howard stern he was laughing about not helping an older man who fell and was bleeding.
Even of you are deaf and can' hear him, just his body language can tell you that he is a scum bag and a coward.

Are you suggesting he's a Broward County Deputy?

Are you suggesting that the cons are anti police now? After the FBI, CIA, media, kids , minorities, refugees, Mexicans, NFL, NBA, books, schools....if Trump criticizes Jesus you guys would hail him and call Jesus names.

Are you suggesting that the cons are anti police now? After the FBI, CIA, media, kids , minorities, refugees, Mexicans, NFL, NBA, books, schools....if Trump criticizes Jesus you guys would hail him and call Jesus names.

We call out those that fuck up.

Those deputies fucked up big time and they got called out.

It's pretty simple. Try to keep up

I find the constant carping at Trump to be mean spirited. It is 110% driven by commie malcontents.

America needs to fall in behind its leader and get with the programme. Its time to break down the doors, build that wall and take out a few nutty teenagers that are allowed to buy guns for reasons nobody can explain.

Perhaps it is time to look to honour the great mans achievements in the field of valour and award him a token of esteem ?

FBI Honorary Medals - Wikipedia

Perhaps this might be appropriate.

150px-FBI_Medal_of_Valor.jpg

I hope that pinko commie traitors do not reply to this suggestion.

Not that it matters, but a reminder of what he actually said:

"Y'know, I really believe - you don't know until you're tested - but I really think I'd run in there even if I didn't have a weapon. And I think most of the people would have done that too. Because I know most of you".

Forum List

Back