Are voter ID laws inherently racist? Let's ask!

Repubs have always been about restricting voter turnout.
They realize they can’t win without it

what would stop a repube from going around to different districts and voting republican several times???

they are republicans and we all know they are not honest,, it protects both sides,,,

unless you trust repubes??,, I sure dont,,
Voter Rolls stop them from doing such.... You've never voted, have you? When you check in, the poll workers ask for your name and address, and party affiliation, if you have legally been registered, then your name will be on the voter roll.

You are only put on the voter roll in the district you live in and are legally allowed to vote in....

You can't run around to all the different districts in the state or county and vote in them... you get to vote once, in your address's district, if as said, you are legally registered.

So I get the voter rolls from your county and I make a list of the registered voters who haven't voted in the last several elections.
I then get a group of people to go vote in their names. The voter roll gives me all the information the poll worker is going to ask.

All it takes is one of those people going to vote and off to prison you go.

In a state like Florida when you go to vote and it shows you already voted you are offered a provisional ballot.
It's exactly the same as a regular ballot except it doesn't get counted in the machine at the polls. It goes before the canvassing board.
The canvassing board then reviews it. You have to prove who you are. If the board agrees your ballot it then counted.
However, the fraudulent ballot has already been counted by the machine and it is impossible to identify it and back the votes out.
It is highly unlikely the person who impersonated you will be identified and caught.

get an ID if you want to vote

Every person that has voted has an ID to vote. It's long been the law.

please explain,,,because some states dont require it,,

No there isn't. Some states dont ask you to show it but you still have to have it.
you should really research things before you comment,,,

Voter identification laws by state - Ballotpedia

With every single one of those states you have to have presented your identification requirements when you got your voter registration. So everyone has a voter registration. As I said, some states do not require you show it at time of voting as you are on the rolls.

They still get a voters registration. They just don't have to show it upon voting.

They realize they can’t win without it

what would stop a repube from going around to different districts and voting republican several times???

they are republicans and we all know they are not honest,, it protects both sides,,,

Voter Rolls stop them from doing such.... You've never voted, have you? When you check in, the poll workers ask for your name and address, and party affiliation, if you have legally been registered, then your name will be on the voter roll.

You are only put on the voter roll in the district you live in and are legally allowed to vote in....

You can't run around to all the different districts in the state or county and vote in them... you get to vote once, in your address's district, if as said, you are legally registered.

So I get the voter rolls from your county and I make a list of the registered voters who haven't voted in the last several elections.
I then get a group of people to go vote in their names. The voter roll gives me all the information the poll worker is going to ask.

In a state like Florida when you go to vote and it shows you already voted you are offered a provisional ballot.
It's exactly the same as a regular ballot except it doesn't get counted in the machine at the polls. It goes before the canvassing board.
The canvassing board then reviews it. You have to prove who you are. If the board agrees your ballot it then counted.
However, the fraudulent ballot has already been counted by the machine and it is impossible to identify it and back the votes out.
It is highly unlikely the person who impersonated you will be identified and caught.

They do not ignore fraudulent ballots. It's very rare any instance like this happens and it's even rarer that someone gets away with it.

They do not ignore fraudulent ballots. It's very rare any instance like this happens and it's even rarer that someone gets away with it.

You don't get it.
Unless you are closely involved in elections it's hard to understand.

I'm sure you can prove that,,,

get an ID if you want to vote

Every person that has voted has an ID to vote. It's long been the law.

please explain,,,because some states dont require it,,

No there isn't. Some states dont ask you to show it but you still have to have it.
you should really research things before you comment,,,

Voter identification laws by state - Ballotpedia

With every single one of those states you have to have presented your identification requirements when you got your voter registration. So everyone has a voter registration. As I said, some states do not require you show it at time of voting as you are on the rolls.

They still get a voters registration. They just don't have to show it upon voting.

we arent talking about registration,,,please stay on topic,,,

You don't get it.
Unless you are closely involved in elections it's hard to understand.

My wife is the city clerk and ran the town elections for years.

There have been people trying to prove some sort of widespread election fraud for years. If they can't prove there has been any, and it would be big news if it had, then you can't rant away.

There have been people trying to prove some sort of widespread election fraud for years. If they can't prove there has been any, and it would be big news if it had, then you can't rant away.

I worked for the county elections office for 10 years.
I was the asst. supervisor of elections.

So your point is if it isn't "widespread" it doesn't happen?

And we haven't talked about absentee voting yet.

dont change the subject,,,an ID is required to interact in every other aspect of public life, and our vote is the most precious among those things,,the only reason to not want them is irresponsible at best and nefarious at worst ,,,

so if you claim it will do nothing to stop fraud why not just say OK anyway,,,its not like it cost anyone anything, you already said they have ID to register so bring that ID,,they have 2 yrs to prepare for it

I did not ask if I could see them, I asked if they could give me a copy.
and they should have told you the only way was to come and see them,,its only one sentence and it is their job,,

but then gain it is Illinois,,,

another indicator that youre lying is they would have asked what party you were with and explained the procedure to get them, and you would have relayed that in your comment,,,but you didnt

That is what someone that is good at their job would have done.
I bet you also get amazing service every time you go to the DMV

actually our DMV is great,,I have never spent more than 30-45 mins most times less than that and they love to talk, heck they even have an app that puts you on a list lets you know when to get there

as for your experience, it would have gone like this

hello my name is gator mcclusky down here in hooterville, could I please get a copy of the voter roles,,,

they would have said,, mr gator according to state law we can only give those to political parties, ect ect,, but private citizens can come down to the office and view them ect ect

the idea you asked and they said no and hung up are more than very unlikely

You obviously do not live in Illinois

and you were obviously lying,,,

You are an odd one, what I said was 100% correct and yet you still have to call me a liar.

Oh well, some people just can't take getting their ass handed to them. I see that you are one of them.

and they should have told you the only way was to come and see them,,its only one sentence and it is their job,,

but then gain it is Illinois,,,

another indicator that youre lying is they would have asked what party you were with and explained the procedure to get them, and you would have relayed that in your comment,,,but you didnt

actually our DMV is great,,I have never spent more than 30-45 mins most times less than that and they love to talk, heck they even have an app that puts you on a list lets you know when to get there

hello my name is gator mcclusky down here in hooterville, could I please get a copy of the voter roles,,,

they would have said,, mr gator according to state law we can only give those to political parties, ect ect,, but private citizens can come down to the office and view them ect ect

You are an odd one, what I said was 100% correct and yet you still have to call me a liar.

Oh well, some people just can't take getting their ass handed to them. I see that you are one of them.

saying its 100% correct doesnt mean I will believe you called them and asked , they said no and hung up on you,,,

did you even try and ask what it takes to get them???

I cant believe that you were on a fact finding mission and settled for the first answer you got and walked away,,,
I CALL BULLSHIT,,,

Last edited:

I worked for the county elections office for 10 years.
I was the asst. supervisor of elections.

So your point is if it isn't "widespread" it doesn't happen?

And we haven't talked about absentee voting yet.

It happens in small numbers on rare occasions .

dont change the subject,,,an ID is required to interact in every other aspect of public life, and our vote is the most precious among those things,,the only reason to not want them is irresponsible at best and nefarious at worst ,,,

so if you claim it will do nothing to stop fraud why not just say OK anyway,,,its not like it cost anyone anything, you already said they have ID to register so bring that ID,,they have 2 yrs to prepare for it

Make people show their voter ID card. I don't care.

saying its !))% correct doesnt mean I will believe you called tham and asked , they said no and hung up on you,,,

I cant believe that you were on a fact finding mission and settled for the first answer you got and walked away,,,
I CALL BULLSHIT,,,

:itsok:

I was told I could get them at the county election office. I proved that to be false, not sure what else I needed to do.

Make people show their voter ID card. I don't care.

obviously you do care,,,
ITS EASIER TO JUST SHOW THE id YOU ARE already REQUIRED BY law to have with you at all times,,,who carries or knows where their registration card is,,

saying its !))% correct doesnt mean I will believe you called tham and asked , they said no and hung up on you,,,

I CALL BULLSHIT,,,

:itsok:

I was told I could get them at the county election office. I proved that to be false, not sure what else I needed to do.

but you can get them if you are on a committee or campaign in your state,
or view them if you are a private citizen,,,
if you would have done due diligence you would have found out the conditions it takes to get them in your state

bottom line is you got caught lying,,,now fess up and move on,,,

if you would have done due diligence you would have found out the conditions it takes to get them in your state

one more time for the reading impared.

I was told they were available from my county election office. So I checked on that. It was false, so I did not need to go any further.

you are just trying so hard and failing so badly.

one more time for the reading impared.

I was told they were available from my county election office. So I checked on that. It was false, so I did not need to go any further.

you are just trying so hard and failing so badly.

but they are available,,,'

are you sure you didnt call the dairy queen by mistake???

Forum List

Back