Are voter ID laws inherently racist? Let's ask!

...There is no good reason to limit voting to one single day.
Operational costs.

A very minor expense added to the election. Only a few places are open for early voting and those are manned by only a couple people normally.

My mother was an election official for the Repub party for a county in NC for 20 years till she could not do it anymore. They had minimal staffing for the early days, nor more than 3 people ever and they were not getting paid much.

Not a good reason to make it harder for people to vote

which state are you referring???
cause here in missouri you are,,,

and you are required to have it to register ,,so use that one,,,

You have to have an I.D. to register but that isn't what you said.

we've said a lot,,,but the point still remains, if they have an ID to register then why cant they just use the same one to vote,,,

they have a better chance of knowing where that one is than a registration card,, and whos to know if thats their card and they didnt steal it or had it given to them by someone else??

That's redundant. You have to have all sorts of I.D. to get a drivers license but no one would suggest that would be a suitable alternative to showing your drivers license if you are pulled over.

OH GOOD LORD!!!

but the chances you have the DL are higher than having all those other ID's

I'm not sure about you but my state ID/DL is with me all the time and my registration card I have no idea where it is,,,

Not my problem is it?

you seem to think it is or we wouldnt have been discussing it all day,,,

You have to have an I.D. to register but that isn't what you said.

we've said a lot,,,but the point still remains, if they have an ID to register then why cant they just use the same one to vote,,,

they have a better chance of knowing where that one is than a registration card,, and whos to know if thats their card and they didnt steal it or had it given to them by someone else??

That's redundant. You have to have all sorts of I.D. to get a drivers license but no one would suggest that would be a suitable alternative to showing your drivers license if you are pulled over.

OH GOOD LORD!!!

I'm not sure about you but my state ID/DL is with me all the time and my registration card I have no idea where it is,,,

Not my problem is it?

That you are too lazy to get another voters registration card? I've not discussed that all day and it's not my problem.

one days seemed to be enough for the last 235 yrs,,,

Times change. That way of thinking doesn't leave a lot of room for growth.
doesnt mean I'm wrong,,,unless you have something to show it isnt,,,

You're not wrong. That doesn't mean we shouldn't change anyway.

you should have a good reason to change and none has been given

Because we went from less than 50,000 people voting 235 years ago to more than 120 million voting today. What worked for 50,000 people does not do so for 120 million.

There is not one valid reason to limit it to one day
Plenty of valid reasons. Some have already been given to you.

You seem stuck on this notion that 120 million voters is a lot of voters in a country with how many counties, all of which have multiple polling locations.

Are you trying to say that they all vote at the exact same location? Because if that were the case, then I'd agree that we'd need more time.

The truth of the matter is, there is no valid reason to extend voting to days. People are given the option of voting by mail and are WELL AWARE of the deadline for that filing.

The Military has a carve-out in every state allowing them to vote by mail if they are stationed outside their registered voting location.

The only reason to add days is that it is just too damn hard to hit more than 50 or 60 voting polls in a single day!

OH GOOD LORD!!!

Not my problem is it?

That you are too lazy to get another voters registration card? I've not discussed that all day and it's not my problem.

I already have my real ID, and if someone is registered so do they,,,

and getting another costs money,,,

Because we went from less than 50,000 people voting 235 years ago to more than 120 million voting today. What worked for 50,000 people does not do so for 120 million.

where exactly has it been a problem???

I live in one of the highest pop areas in missouri and we have not had any [problems

Both St Louis and Kansas City had long lines where people had to wait an hour to vote. There is no need for this.
Ooooooooooooooooooooo........A whole hour you say? Those bastages!

The DMV should find out their secret.

OH GOOD LORD!!!

Not my problem is it?

If your state allows you to use that also, fine with me but anything you are required to show to vote must be provided for free.

Times change. That way of thinking doesn't leave a lot of room for growth.

You seem stuck on this notion that 120 million voters is a lot of voters in a country with how many counties, all of which have multiple polling locations.

Are you trying to say that they all vote at the exact same location? Because if that were the case, then I'd agree that we'd need more time.

The truth of the matter is, there is no valid reason to extend voting to days. People are given the option of voting by mail and are WELL AWARE of the deadline for that filing.

The Military has a carve-out in every state allowing them to vote by mail if they are stationed outside their registered voting location.

The only reason to add days is that it is just too damn hard to hit more than 50 or 60 voting polls in a single day!

If you live in the sticks with more cows than people than one day voting is not a problem, if you are in a city it has become untenable, which is why 35 states now have no-excuse early voting. It also makes it easier for those that work long shits. In Ill the poll times are 6am to 7pm. My wife is an RN and is at work at 6:15 to do turnover and gets off between 7:15 and 7:30 if she is lucky. She would not be able to vote if not for our states early voting prior to election day.

The only reason to limit it to one day is to suppress voter turn out

If the overwhelming majority of voters who do not carry acceptable ID are minority

And there is minimal evidence that people actually vote under someone else’s name

And the overwhelming majority of minorities do not vote Republican

And Republicans are the ones pushing voter ID laws

It appears to be racial based voter suppression

What percentage of minority US citizens do not have a valid ID?

If you live in the sticks with more cows than people than one day voting is not a problem, if you are in a city it has become untenable, which is why 35 states now have no-excuse early voting. It also makes it easier for those that work long shits. In Ill the poll times are 6am to 7pm. My wife is an RN and is at work at 6:15 to do turnover and gets off between 7:15 and 7:30 if she is lucky. She would not be able to vote if not for our states early voting prior to election day.

It isn't. Unless of course, you complain about having to wait a whole hour and think you have more important things to do. I can assure you that you do not and you are Not.

It isn't. Unless of course, you complain about having to wait a whole hour and think you have more important things to do. I can assure you that you do not and you are Not.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...55347f48762_story.html?utm_term=.971ed57acf4f

https://www.ledger-enquirer.com/latest-news/article221190550.html

Hours after polls close, final voter casts ballot at Johns Island precinct

etc.

I live in a small enough city that it is not a problem for me. But nobody should have to wait an hour or more to vote when the solution to the problem is as simple as early voting, thank goodness 35 states are smarter than you.

OH GOOD LORD!!!

Not my problem is it?

If your state allows you to use that also, fine with me but anything you are required to show to vote must be provided for free.

that would mean the government should buy my guns and ammo,,or at least it should be free,,,

or buy my computer and anything else I need to speak,,,and what about religion??? should govenment pay for churchs???

YOU JUST HAD YOUR ASS HANDED TO YOU,,,

I live in a small enough city that it is not a problem for me. But nobody should have to wait an hour or more to vote when the solution to the problem is as simple as early voting, thank goodness 35 states are smarter than you.

who are you to say how long anyone else should do anything???

your opinion is yours,,, and based on your honesty you should keep it to yourself

Just because it is mostly dark skinned dumb fu**s that can’t navigate getting an ID does not mean the requirement is racist. Seems like requiring minimal effort and legality is just too arduous for the law breaker loving snowflakes.

Forum List

Back