🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Are we getting more from government?

We had 1/3 of the government we have now in the 80s. We need to get back to that, MAGA!

Make Atrophying Government Again! :04:

There were far more government employees in the 80s than now. Right now it is at about the level it was in the 60s. It has been coming down since the 90s after Reagan expanded it greatly.

What has risen out of control is per capita spending.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

I hope you have some proof of that, personally I find your claim hard to believe.

2-3 new Bureaus, more FBI, More surveillance..."Czars" :cuckoo:
HOAs..School Administrators..

I'm gonna flat-out call your claim bullshit.

1aimpossibru.gif

Last edited:
We have a food industry due to heavy government subsidy. Every single part of it from seed to grocery shopper exists in it's current form because food supplies are a primary strategic asset. Farm subsidies, food stamps. highways, irrigation projects, flood control, inspections etc.

We do not have food shortage or widespread hunger here even in the worst of times. On this we take the government completely for granted.
You give shitty, no good, useless, wasteful government WAY too much credit.

While I agree in principle with you, this is one area where I think people under estimate the effect the government has.

I work in the Ag industry and I see what is happening. People take both a steady food supply and even more a consistent priced food supply for granted, not to mention a safe food supply.

In 2012 there was massive drought across much of the nation, farmers were getting half their normal yields. There was no corresponding rise in prices across the board. And there was no massive rash of farms going under due to lack of revenue.

It would be a valid argument on if they should be doing this, but the results are there.

Obviously our deficits are growing rapidly. Spending has been increasing for many years. I'm curious if anyone really feels like they get more? Seems to me we really aren't getting any more than we did in the 80's and possibly much farther back. What are we getting for all this spending? When I look at a country like Denmark those people seem to get a lot like healthcare, childcare, college.... I don't feel average citizens see much for all this spending. I think all we are getting is more corruption. What do you think?
Why should you 'get' something?

-Geaux

No one should want more from government because the more we get from government the less we actually have

Obviously our deficits are growing rapidly. Spending has been increasing for many years. I'm curious if anyone really feels like they get more? Seems to me we really aren't getting any more than we did in the 80's and possibly much farther back. What are we getting for all this spending? When I look at a country like Denmark those people seem to get a lot like healthcare, childcare, college.... I don't feel average citizens see much for all this spending. I think all we are getting is more corruption. What do you think?
Why should you 'get' something?

-Geaux
Spending is increasing. Why is that if people aren’t getting something?

Lol
Move to Denmark

No one should want more from government because the more we get from government the less we actually have
Then where is all the increased spending going?

Trains to nowhere

dingdingding! We have a winnah!
Also: Administrative cocktail parties for funding. (And fun)

They're partying on our money. Make no mistake about that. They're partying on our money and saying "Fuck the ignorant peons".

We have a food industry due to heavy government subsidy. Every single part of it from seed to grocery shopper exists in it's current form because food supplies are a primary strategic asset. Farm subsidies, food stamps. highways, irrigation projects, flood control, inspections etc.

We do not have food shortage or widespread hunger here even in the worst of times. On this we take the government completely for granted.
Horseshit. People would still grow and sell food without government subsidies.

You give shitty, no good, useless, wasteful government WAY too much credit.

I just went through a hurricane where food and fuel seriously got scarce for about a week. I've seen what happens when the infrastructure we live in disappears. Don't get too comfortable.
Somehow the private sector always manages to provide whatever infrastructure is needed.

Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

Some people that really haven't grown anything in a decade would have to do something productive to make it, though.

We had 1/3 of the government we have now in the 80s. We need to get back to that, MAGA!

Make Atrophying Government Again! :04:

There were far more government employees in the 80s than now. Right now it is at about the level it was in the 60s. It has been coming down since the 90s after Reagan expanded it greatly.

What has risen out of control is per capita spending.

They play games with the numbers by hiding govt under Contractors. The useless bureaucrats increase but they farm out all the dirty work?

I suppose you must exclude soldier count? During Obama early recession years they hired 1000 govt per day but cut military. Then said "i reduced govt". They cannot be trusted.

Some people that really haven't grown anything in a decade would have to do something productive to make it, though.
If they haven't been growing anything, then obviously their output isn't needed. If the government stopped crop subsidies entirely, all that would happen is that farmers would have to lower their prices slightly and a few more of them would go out of business. Other more efficient farms would buy up the ones that went bankrupt and the average size of farms would increase.

If they haven't been growing anything, then obviously their output isn't needed. If the government stopped crop subsidies entirely, all that would happen is that farmers would have to lower their prices slightly and a few more of them would go out of business. Other more efficient farms would buy up the ones that went bankrupt and the average size of farms would increase.

Why would they lower their prices? Farm subsidies keep the prices artificially low. Take them away prices go up, way up in some areas. This is why it will never happen, the GOP loves to redistribute our money to the farmers.

Why would they lower their prices? Farm subsidies keep the prices artificially low. Take them away prices go up, way up in some areas. This is why it will never happen, the GOP loves to redistribute our money to the farmers.

Wrong, shit for brains, subsidies keep prices artificially high. The government pays farmers not to grow food. That reduces the supply. Lower supply means higher prices.

Forum List

Back