Are We Ready For The Fall Of Baghdad?- The US Embassy?

I served in Vietnam with 1st Cavalry AC/AM '67-'68. My recollection of Saigon was watching a Buddhist set himself on fire to protest something or other. We watched him burn while finishing our sandwiches and beers and headed back to our transport to An Khe. Baghdad will not fall....too many shia militias and government troops protecting their own homes for that. Plus if ISIS began to stage for that kind of invasion, US air power would tear them to ribbons. ISIS is slowly being strangled financially in Syria and have sustained heavy losses in and around Kobani. They'll be a footnote in history by Memorial Day. :eusa_whistle:

Not even close.

My service in the RVN and your's in Iraq qualifies neither of us as experts on those countries. I do believe I know how insurgencies work since I was in the middle of the Tet offensive (both parts) and I would tell you the VC would have fallen apart without a benefactor state to the north. ISIS has no such state support. What will defeat ISIS is missed payrolls and dissension in the ranks when they've gotten their noses bloodied a few times, like they are in Kobani. Their tactics to avoid air strikes worked for a time but now we know how their planners think. Their oil revenue is being shut off. They have few if any spare parts for the armor and Humvees they've stolen. They are basically living off what they've stolen and have been for almost a year. My prediction that they run short of everything next Spring will seal the deal and maybe sooner if we can locate al-Baghdadi and punch his ticket.

Thank you for your service in VN, Bull Kurtz. Much respect for that.

But I know Iraq very, very well. Spent a lot of time there....and I spent it throughout the country. I know that you're way off on your analysis.

I have always had an uncanny ability to predict future events. It's why I worked in the nerve center of Pentagon in my last Air Force assignment.

Trust me, your analysis of ISIS is way off.

Finally learned to spell macro. Proud of you.

You are not very knowledgeable for a chart carrier.

it's classified

But you slap it all over an open forum - get fucked, you're spouting bullshit.

the second EconChick agrees with you, you know I am right

Let's look at this.
You posted on open forum, what you claim to be classified information.
Either various security agencies will be kicking your door down whilst you read this, or you're talking bollocks.

He's got a little pebble on an entire beach and he thinks that's the big picture.

The facts are these.

(1) Baghdad won't fall.

(2) The only major ground units will be Iraqi, Kurd, and possibly Turk. No Persians allowed.

(3) The western desert will be incinerated, the heart of civilization, and laid fallow for a generation before American heavy ground units will be deployed to Iraq.

The facts are these.

(1) Baghdad won't fall.

(2) The only major ground units will be Iraqi, Kurd, and possibly Turk. No Persians allowed.

(3) The western desert will be incinerated, the heart of civilization, and laid fallow for a generation before American heavy ground units will be deployed to Iraq.

Go back to sleep, Jakey.

Thank you for your service in VN, Bull Kurtz. Much respect for that.

But I know Iraq very, very well. Spent a lot of time there....and I spent it throughout the country. I know that you're way off on your analysis.

I have always had an uncanny ability to predict future events. It's why I worked in the nerve center of Pentagon in my last Air Force assignment.

Trust me, your analysis of ISIS is way off.
Bull, she carried charts, fetched donuts, served coffee.

More than half of the big words she never learned.

All you have ever done is say, "I know", and that does not cut it, EconChick.

You have been challenged over and over again on errors you have made about the area and staff capabilities.

You are a poseur, nothing more.

The facts are these.

(1) Baghdad won't fall.

You must be counting on a military coup to depose Obama then.

Yes, it is. As the French and the US found out in Vietnam, as we have found out in Iraq and Afghanistan.

The facts are these.

(1) Baghdad won't fall.

You must be counting on a military coup to depose Obama then.

Non sequitur on your part.

I served in Vietnam with 1st Cavalry AC/AM '67-'68. My recollection of Saigon was watching a Buddhist set himself on fire to protest something or other. We watched him burn while finishing our sandwiches and beers and headed back to our transport to An Khe. Baghdad will not fall....too many shia militias and government troops protecting their own homes for that. Plus if ISIS began to stage for that kind of invasion, US air power would tear them to ribbons. ISIS is slowly being strangled financially in Syria and have sustained heavy losses in and around Kobani. They'll be a footnote in history by Memorial Day. :eusa_whistle:
Most, if not all of the armchair General doomsday prophets who disparage our troops and cheer for ISIS in threads like this have little if any knowledge of what the military is up to in theater. They haven't an inkling of what is down the road fully prepared for a dash across the Kuwait border if called upon to protect the Green Zone.

Just stop talking. I spent months telling you and your allies on here exactly what Panetta finally came out and told the world about the SOFA.

You're ignorant on this subject.

I also know what it's like to be in the Green Zone when there are rumors of an assault on it, and I would have even less faith in this Commander in Chief if I were there now.

Clown shoes.
Ya, you told us all about the MASH unit in the Green Zone where you use to hang out. Ever heard of Buering? Do you know who or what Buering is?

LOL, you gonna replay those CandyAss lies? A chick that can't even tell the difference between a private and a general? LOL, you libs sure are consistent at making up brazen lies. Go for it...I already pummeled you little puppies.

What's any of that got to do with this topic?

Is that where you were? Hiding out in Kuwait?
So the military expert that can't answer simple questions hasn't a clue about what Buering is other than a quick google to learn it is in Kuwait. And you have no idea what it might have to do with the SOFA agreement negotiations or how it relates to the current situation with the Green Zone. But hey, you know all about what is going on, just not aware of Buering and what it means. That's OK we can keep it a secret.

LOL. You really are an idiot, aren't you?

Do you know what Canbar is?

It's ok, we can keep it a secret.

It's always fun watching you really, really tactical idiots think you have anything close to the big picture.

Forum List

Back