Are We Supposed To Harden Walmarts and Grocery Stores, Too?

So you have excuses. Like I said.
Facts are not excuses.

The building was not secure and there was no immediate armed response in the building when he entered and began his spree.

A secure building would have been all that was needed to prevent him gaining entry, or at least slowing him down so that police could engage him before he goth through.

These are measures that provably work as opposed to raising the age to purchase long guns.

From your link:

"The percentage of students in grades 9–12 who reported carrying a weapon anywhere during the previous 30 days decreased from 17 percent in 2009 to 13 percent in 2019. Similarly, the percentage of students who reported carrying a weapon on school property during the previous 30 days decreased from 6 to 3 percent during the same period."
Despite the lack of any change in gun laws. In fact the AWB ended in 2004 and school shootings still declined.

Not helping your case.

What did occur in that era however was school districts following Columbine started hardening and securing their facilities and a rapid expansion of armed school security.

Facts are not excuses.

The building was not secure and there was no immediate armed response in the building when he entered and began his spree.

A secure building would have been all that was needed to prevent him gaining entry, or at least slowing him down so that police could engage him before he goth through.

These are measures that provably work as opposed to raising the age to purchase long guns.
Both facts and excuses.

The children are still dead.

Despite the lack of any change in gun laws. In fact the AWB ended in 2004 and school shootings still declined.

Not helping your case.

What did occur in that era however was school districts following Columbine started hardening and securing their facilities and a rapid expansion of armed school security.
It's impossible to say what caused that decline.

Not complicated.

It's impossible to say what caused that decline.

Not complicated.
We know raising the age didn't cause any decline. We do however know that securing the buildings and adding security both have a major deterrent effect.

Can you give us any examples of a school with a secure campus and an immediate armed response available have had such a shooting? Any at all?

I'm sure they'll be happy to know that you have excuses for their deaths.
You need to spend some time with a tutor and a dictionary to learn the difference in facts and excuses.

We know how he got in and why he was able to operate freely long enough to shoot up a class full of kids, because the building was not secured and there was no immediate armed response.

You have failed to make your case. You cannot demonstrate where raising the age is going to have any positive impact on reducing school shootings.
I don't expect you to be convinced of my case. You've demonstrated that you throw a hissy-fit temper tantrum about anything being done to your precious guns.

What I do have is a bipartisan solution that both sides actually agreed to. Naturally you just want to throw a hissy-fit about that as well.

Forum List

Back