Are you liberal or conservative?

Conservative or Liberal?

• Total voters
A bunch of us are having a discussion on if USMB is mostly conservatives/republicans or mostly Democrats/Liberals. Do you mind voting?
You need more categories.

I agree with JackOfNoTrades, while I tend to lean right, I often break with several of their central tenants. I’ll support whatever ideas most closely hold to our founding documents, regardless if they are left or right.

This is what conservatives do. They love to say "I thought I told you I'm not a Republican?"

Well I didn't ask if you were. You could be a Libertarian, a Trumpster or a Reagan Republican or a Tea Bagger. I think you know if you lean left or right. Maybe other people can answer that for you. If they tell you you're a con will you vote con?

Politics isn’t always black and white, though. You are wanting to pigeon hole people, and respond as to how other people would classify you, but here on USMB, people often are wrong about their assumptions about others. This is a very emotionally driven forum.

These cowards are afraid to commit. Can't even say they are conservatives. Very strange. They get mad if you call them Republicans but won't even admit they are conservatives.

I think this is a great question. It shows how they can't even admit what they are.

Suddenly they're socially liberal but fiscally conservative. Can't put them in a box.

No, if anything what this thread is showing is that liberals are more “group think” oriented and republicans are more diverse in thought.

Ha! So far not one righty will vote. That's okay. I will add all the people up who commented but didn't vote and get my number that way.

Let me ask them a different way. If someone asked you "would you rather have conservatives or liberals running the country, which would you pick?" That's what I'll do. I'll ask them that.

That's okay. I will add all the people up who commented but didn't vote and get my number that way.

Seriously? “I can’t get the response I want, so I’ll fabricate my own answer”? That’s the way you want to go?

The world isn't simply black and white

Extremists always suck - no matter if right or left.
If it comes to "extremists" - no doubt the right is far more represented then the left on USMB.

Personally I see myself as a conservative that is open to liberal ideas or concepts. aka "enhancement".
Well I don't think I'm an extreme lefty but ask anyone here, they'll say I'm a liberal not a conservative. It's true.

Social security, abortion, global warming, unions, medicare, regulations, abortion, affirmative action, freedom from religion, gay marriage.

What am I conservative about? I like guns but common sense legislation is good. I want to turn away people who come to our borders. Go to the US Embassy in Guatamala if you want to ask for asylum. Going after welfare abuse. Or getting people off it. Prison reform. I agree with the Koch brothers that shit is costing us too much. Cutting wasteful spending in Washington. Paying off the debt. Something Republicans only talk about when a Democrats in the White House. And no trans women shouldn't be allowed to compete with women.

Neither
Reactionary,
A liberal as the term was understood in the time before the progs changed the definition.
Then ask the people who you argue with on USMB what you are and go with that. Who do you argue with here mostly Democrats or Republicans? I can help you figure out if you are a boy or girl just answer these few simple questions if you are having an identity crisis.

I sense you are probably a con.

Hillary or Trump? If you had 5 seconds to vote for one of them, gun to head, say a word and they shoot you dead, so don't even say anything to me other than TRUMP or HILLARY. That's it. You can respond with 1 word. Pick a fucking name. We know that name is going to be Trump. So vote con stupid.

Well I don't think I'm an extreme lefty but ask anyone here, they'll say I'm a liberal not a conservative. It's true.

Social security, abortion, global warming, unions, medicare, regulations, abortion, affirmative action, freedom from religion, gay marriage.

What am I conservative about? I like guns but common sense legislation is good. I want to turn away people who come to our borders. Go to the US Embassy in Guatamala if you want to ask for asylum. Going after welfare abuse. Or getting people off it. Prison reform. I agree with the Koch brothers that shit is costing us too much. Cutting wasteful spending in Washington. Paying off the debt. Something Republicans only talk about when a Democrats in the White House. And no trans women shouldn't be allowed to compete with women.
No it isnt. Actual liberals dont want the govt doing every GD thing.
You are a statist. You can literally see that in this post ^^

There is maybe 10 total liberal and conservatives on this site.
Most everyone who claims one or the other are really just statists.
What country runs as a shining example of how you true conservatives want to run America?

And don't say America 1788. Because a lot of blacks and women would disagree America was not great then. Not for them. Or Asians. Or Jews. Or Indians.

Drafted in secret by delegates to the Constitutional Convention during the summer of 1787, this four-page document, signed on September 17, 1787, established the government of the United States.

I'm a liberal. On gays, affirmative action, unions, social security, public schools, racism, abortion. How am I not a liberal again?

Perhaps liberals today aren't the same as liberals in 1788. Get with the times bro.

What country runs as a shining example of how you true conservatives want to run America?

And don't say America 1788. Because a lot of blacks and women would disagree America was not great then. Not for them. Or Asians. Or Jews. Or Indians.

Drafted in secret by delegates to the Constitutional Convention during the summer of 1787, this four-page document, signed on September 17, 1787, established the government of the United States.

I'm a liberal. On gays, affirmative action, unions, social security, public schools, racism, abortion. How am I not a liberal again?

Perhaps liberals today aren't the same as liberals in 1788. Get with the times bro.
There are already words for you and your ilk. No need to rape the meaning of others.
It isnt my fault what actually describes your ideology is a "scary" word. Own it, pussy.

No one wants govt doing every GD thing. So try again?
Retirement, marriage, healthcare, education, the private sector and societal behavior. Thats what you just said you wanted them controlling.
Are you fucking stupid? Yes, you want the govt doing every GD thing.

Forum List

Back