Are you one of the 53%

I made $19,000 last year (below the poverty line). I owe the IRS $2,500 on that income. That's on top my local taxes and sales tax. So you can take "your 47% pay no taxes" and your "poor people are lazy mooches" argument and shove it up your rotten gape. Drop dead.

13% on $19,000 huh?

Yeah, no one believes you.

Here is a hint zombie, when you lie, try not to make it so outrageous that people laugh out loud when they read it.

The above just reveals you as a fucking moron.

Yeah 13%. I'm self-employed. Most of that tax was self-employment tax. Is that hard to understand? Care to prove me wrong you fucking presumptuous ass? You. Are. A. Moron.

The Self-Employment Tax is how an independent contractor pays Social Security and Medicare payroll taxes. In the case of employees, the employer and employee split the cost of these payroll taxes, each paying 7.65% of eligible wages. An independent contractor, by contrast, is both the employer and the employee, so a self-employed person pays both halves, or 15.3% total.
http://taxes.about.com/od/soleproprietorships/a/self-employment-tax.htm

Last edited:
Do you consider the eldlerly who have worked all their lives "lazy moochers"? How about poor children? Are they lazy moochers?

How about those who are terminally ill? Lazy moochers?

What about those on UI benefits because their jobs have been eliminated?

Lazy moochers?

How about the disabled, who are unable to work? Lazy moochers?

What shall we do the poor who don't pay any taxes because they haven't earned enough? Shoot them? Lock them up" Put them in forced labor camps?

Last edited:
I made $19,000 last year (below the poverty line). I owe the IRS $2,500 on that income. That's on top my local taxes and sales tax. So you can take "your 47% pay no taxes" and your "poor people are lazy mooches" argument and shove it up your rotten gape. Drop dead.

13% on $19,000 huh?

Here is a hint zombie, when you lie, try not to make it so outrageous that people laugh out loud when they read it.

I'm looking at the 2009 tax table, and the tax for a single person on 19,000 in taxable income is $2436.

FYI
it is an EARNED income credit. Those people getting this $6k back at the end of the tax year can ONLY get back, federal taxes that they have paid in payroll taxes....not a dime more, is my understanding of the EIC.

so, they are not taking your tax monies, but given a break on their own taxes due.

So it all evens out... they get back in what they were taxed out.

The bottom line is that they did not pay up, give up, not get back, never see again, not theirs any more, no longer money in their pockets, not theirs any more to spend..... money into the tax system.

It would be fair to say... they did not pay any federal tax.
well, i think i was wrong on how the EIC works...though i still don't understand it...?????

Not really fair to say that either syrenn...because they do pay federal taxes....they pay federal social security taxes and they pay federal medicare taxes and they pay federal gas and cigarett taxes if they drive or smoke and there might even be a federal liquor tax, I'm uncertain.

and they buy alot of stuff, from corporations who produce products that have their corporate income taxes built in to the price of the product, for the most part....

I don't think there is a soul that doesn't come out paying some federal taxes....to support their nation.

In addition to this, the SS surplus monies that all working people pay, has gone to mask the spending of the federal government's budget that income taxes should have been paying for.....and now, when the money comes due to pay back these SS surplus monies, the govt wants to cut their benefits that was promised.... so essentially, their SS surplus has been paying for what income taxes should have been paying...

Yes they pay payroll tax.... federal social security taxes and they pay federal medicare taxes and they pay federal .....and it is not tax that they do not get back. Bottom line on that is they do not PAY the tax. It is not lost and gone forever into the void. And in some cases they get back more then they have paid in.

federal gas, cigarette taxes and liquor taxes.... are optional. If you don't want to pay the tax... don't consume the products.

Don't get me wrong here.... in my opinion...EVERYONE should pay federal taxes. I am not about taxing the poor and letting the rich, business and corporations included, off the hook. Everyone should bleed the same amount.. the same % of tax. Granted the rich should pay a bit more then the poor... but the poor should not get off scott free either.

Do you consider the eldlerly who have worked all their lives "lazy moochers"? How about poor children? Are they lazy moochers?

Lazy moochers?

What shall we do the poor who don't pay any taxes because they haven't earned enough? Shoot them? Lock them up" Put them in forced labor camps?

Perhaps offering JOB training along with receiving UE benefits might just give them a chance to move up.

Folks that are truly disabled and those that cannot physically work should be the recipients of government assistance, but if you're able to work, you should. If you can't find a job in your field, go learn a new trade.

Do you really think 47% of Americans are physically unable to work. :eusa_eh:

What to you suppose we do with them?? :confused:

13% on $19,000 huh?

Yeah 13%. I'm self-employed. Most of that tax was self-employment tax. Is that hard to understand? Care to prove me wrong you fucking presumptuous ass? You. Are. A. Moron.

The Self-Employment Tax is how an independent contractor pays Social Security and Medicare payroll taxes. In the case of employees, the employer and employee split the cost of these payroll taxes, each paying 7.65% of eligible wages. An independent contractor, by contrast, is both the employer and the employee, so a self-employed person pays both halves, or 15.3% total.
Self-Employment Tax - What is the Self-Employment Tax? About.com

Did you file a 1099? Just curious because my girlfriend does contract work and only earned about 8 thousand and they took a 4th of that for federal tax.

13% on $19,000 huh?

I'm looking at the 2009 tax table, and the tax for a single person on 19,000 in taxable income is $2436.

I think JosefK said his was mostly self employment tax, that is 15.3% of his earnings. That's not Federal Withholding tax, it's SSI and Medicare. When you are self employed you pay the employer and employee portion. If it were true he made $19,000.00 his Self employment tax would be around 3,000.00. That includes absolutely no Federal Income Tax.

Lazy moochers?

Perhaps offering JOB training along with receiving UE benefits might just give them a chance to move up.

Folks that are truly disabled and those that cannot physically work should be the recipients of government assistance, but if you're able to work, you should. If you can't find a job in your field, go learn a new trade.

Do you really think 47% of Americans are physically unable to work. :eusa_eh:

What to you suppose we do with them?? :confused:

I agree. Some folks, mentally or physically handicapped are deserving of aid. I have no beef with these folks.

However those that make irresponsible bad life decisions and expect we taxpayer to foot the bill for them I do have a beef with.

These folks are not my responsibility and not my problem. I have no wish to assume the burden for their lives.

However. Those of you that have no problem assuming that burden feel free to start your own charity.

Open up YOUR wallets and YOUR checkbooks and feel free to aid away. Believe me. They will take every dime that you want to give them.

Last edited:

Lazy moochers?

yer such a drama queen.

Lazy moochers?

good questions.

But that's a different topic for a different thread.

The bottom line here is that the reasons 47% of households pay no income taxes are the result of a series of tax cuts that conservatives overwhelmingly supported for the past 30 years.

Ironically.

13% on $19,000 huh?

Self-Employment Tax - What is the Self-Employment Tax? About.com

Did you file a 1099? Just curious because my girlfriend does contract work and only earned about 8 thousand and they took a 4th of that for federal tax.

Yes, a 1099. It would have been more, but I was able to write off some expenses.

Jobs? And how do you suppose that Obamas latest job bill will do anything to spur significant job growth when his last one totally failed to do that.

False statement. The last stimulus bill was designed to create 2-3 million jobs when 10-12 million jobs were needed. It worked exactly as designed.

It did the opposite. There are over 2M less people working now, with a lower labor force participation rate.

That's what increasing the size of government by 25% in two years does.

Yes, I'm one of the 53%. My marginal tax rate is 47%+ a tad (state and fed combined). What an interesting symmetry.

Yes, a 1099. It would have been more, but I was able to write off some expenses.

Yea, he's paying federal tax then. People under the limit do not get to write off federal tax under a 1099.

Yea, he's paying federal tax then. People under the limit do not get to write off federal tax under a 1099.

Being self-employed just plain sucks sometimes. I'm so getting out of this business. Tell your GF to do herself a favor - don't be self-employed unless you can make good money off of it. $9000 or $19000 isn't worth the hassle.

Forum List

Back