Are you one of the 53%

Jobs? And how do you suppose that Obamas latest job bill will do anything to spur significant job growth when his last one totally failed to do that.

False statement. The last stimulus bill was designed to create 2-3 million jobs when 10-12 million jobs were needed. It worked exactly as designed.

It did the opposite. There are over 2M less people working now, with a lower labor force participation rate.

That's what increasing the size of government by 25% in two years does.

Most of the stimulus is over.

Only 53% of Americans pay federal income taxes, 47% don't pay federal income taxes and some get free federal government money to boot.

True story.

Irrelevant story. As long as it's not true that 47% of the people pay no taxes, the claim "I am the 53%" remains a lie.

No you're not reading it correctly, 47% pay no federal income taxes.
chart_households_no_income_tax.03.gif

from my link above. :)

Wait. What do you think this chart is proving? Your case that the poor are mooching off of hard working people such as yourself?

Try looking at that chart again. Look how many people making over 50k, over 100k, over 500k that have no federal tax liability.

If you were honest, you would be arguing that the tax code in general needs an overhaul. The so called 47% aren't just people making less than you, they are everyone, Rich to poor because of the shitty tax system we have now.

The proposed legislation wouldn't touch ANYONES rates that makes less than 1million and by YOUR Chart there were 6,000 people that owed NOTHING, ZERO, ZILCH, NADA and made over one millions dollars that year. That doesn't take in to account those people that made over a million and did pay something but it was less than what the average person had to pay. Making over a million and paying nothing. Is that fair? Honestly? You really want to complain about people who are scraping by and barely making ends meet when there are millionaires who, by your own chart, aren't paying their fair share.

I guess all those times you rightwingers were cheering the busting of a union, or the contracting out of work that was then done by lower paid workers, all of that glee you have every time some 'overpaid' American loses a job to China and ends up working somewhere else at a fraction of what he was making,

all that time, you rightwingers didn't happen to notice that a lot of these people were being pushed down to income levels that no longer owed taxes.

Ha, now you get whine about the consequences of what you wish for.

I guess all those times you rightwingers were cheering the busting of a union, or the contracting out of work that was then done by lower paid workers, all of that glee you have every time some 'overpaid' American loses a job to China and ends up working somewhere else at a fraction of what he was making,

all that time, you rightwingers didn't happen to notice that a lot of these people were being pushed down to income levels that no longer owed taxes.

and Obama's against free trade? who knew.

Yes, a 1099. It would have been more, but I was able to write off some expenses.

Yea, he's paying federal tax then. People under the limit do not get to write off federal tax under a 1099.

Being self-employed just plain sucks sometimes. I'm so getting out of this business. Tell your GF to do herself a favor - don't be self-employed unless you can make good money off of it. $9000 or $19000 isn't worth the hassle.

I completely agree. She had to save most of it this year just to pay the taxes, and that is with a full time student among many other things that are supposed to lower the amount payed.

Being self-employed just plain sucks sometimes. I'm so getting out of this business. Tell your GF to do herself a favor - don't be self-employed unless you can make good money off of it. $9000 or $19000 isn't worth the hassle.

Unable to self-succeed in business himself due in part to taxation .... he can direct what is acceptable for successful business to have taken from them.

What pisses me off is that the people who pay ZERO are telling the rest of us we don't pay our "fair share."

what a bunch of asswipes.

So now you're a millionaire? :lol::lol::lol:

I don't play the class warfare game dude. tell one American and you're telling all of us who pay FEDERAL INCOME TAX.. you cannot cull the herd.. Leecher dude

*reads the bolded statement*

*then reads the first quote*

*reads the bolded statement again*

*laughs at irony*

Yes, I'm one of the 53%. My marginal tax rate is 47%+ a tad (state and fed combined). What an interesting symmetry.
you are including ALL taxes paid....NOT JUST federal income taxes paid.

the op was suppose to be about federal income taxes...but you show that NO ONE gets away with paying no taxes and the 53%.... does NOT support the whole 47% as nature girl suggested in her op....there are so many taxes and fees out there from the State and federal.....along with licenses required of every kind...it's impossible to live here, even if a foreigner, and not be hit with some kind of money going to both the federal gvt. and state gvt.

and Obama's against free trade? who knew.

I don't agree with Obama when he acts like a Republican.

Yes, a 1099. It would have been more, but I was able to write off some expenses.

Yea, he's paying federal tax then. People under the limit do not get to write off federal tax under a 1099.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: hey bud,, you better stick with it,, see? they're going to destroy corporations and capitalism.. so you best keep your self employed ass self employed.. ya hear? :lol:

False statement. The last stimulus bill was designed to create 2-3 million jobs when 10-12 million jobs were needed. It worked exactly as designed.

It did the opposite. There are over 2M less people working now, with a lower labor force participation rate.

The stimulus NEVER created real jobs. It only propped up unsustainable jobs for a bit of time. Real jobs don't need government subsidies.

Are you someone who actually pays taxes so the other 47% can get government assistance for nothing??

I am.

ETA, I'm talking about Federal Withholding Taxes............just to make myself clear. Some have a problem u n d e r s t a n d i n g. (did I type that slow enough?)

FWT is only one form of tax. Almost all Americans pay taxes in many forms. I pay signficant federal income, social security, and medicare taxes plus quite a bit at the state and the local levels.

So what is your point, NatureGirl.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: hey bud,, you better stick with it,, see? they're going to destroy corporations and capitalism.. so you best keep your self employed ass self employed.. ya hear? :lol:

:lol::lol::lol::cuckoo:

The stimulus NEVER created real jobs. It only propped up unsustainable jobs for a bit of time. Real jobs don't need government subsidies.

You obviously have no clue what the stimulus was meant to do.

Forum List

Back