Arizona Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords Shot In Arizona

Numerous prayer groups already going here for the victims and their loved ones. My own are joined with theirs.

I suppose the world will always have crazies who will commit such terrible acts and they are all equally dispicable no matter who is harmed. This one is especially painful to me because I admired Rep. Giffords a great deal. I didn't "know" the others injured or killed. Rep. Giffords has been described as a conservative blue dog Democrat who narrowly beat out a conservative Republican opponent in the last election. She held no views so extreme as to provoke rage or contempt from normal people.

I hope the shooter was nuts so this won't be politicized. The victims need to be cared for because of who they are.

Ok guys, I just moved 119 posts that involved any politicizing or response to politicizing from this thread including some of my own posts. Let's keep this thread free of that going forward, shall we?

Ok, sorry for the work. You moved them to where?

According to CNN, 12 were shot, the congresswoman and six are dead.

For the record, the latest update from the local Tucson news station (I know it's not as good as the Huffington Post, but what can you do? :rolleyes: ) says that she's still alive. She's out of surgery, and her doctors are optimistic.

"Dr. Peter Rhee of University of Medical center told reporters at 2:00 PM Saturday morning that ten patients have been brought to the hospital. Of those, one is dead, five are in surgery and the rest are in recovery. The five in surgery are in critical condition.

Tucson Police Chief Roberto Villaseñor confirmed at the same press conference that one suspect is in custody.

Dr. Rhee said the deceased victim was a child, but did not release the victim's identity."

Just in: Rep. Gabrielle Giffords is alive, in surgery - KGUN9 On Your Side, Tucson News, Weather & Sports

Judge Roll is dead also. Fox said that was confirmed.

I'm sticking with the streaming updates from my local news, rather than any of the nationals, since I'm in Tucson and trust them more. The nationals have already "confirmed" any number of things that turned out to be wrong.

For the record, the latest update from the local Tucson news station (I know it's not as good as the Huffington Post, but what can you do? :rolleyes: ) says that she's still alive. She's out of surgery, and her doctors are optimistic.

"Dr. Peter Rhee of University of Medical center told reporters at 2:00 PM Saturday morning that ten patients have been brought to the hospital. Of those, one is dead, five are in surgery and the rest are in recovery. The five in surgery are in critical condition.

Tucson Police Chief Roberto Villaseñor confirmed at the same press conference that one suspect is in custody.

Dr. Rhee said the deceased victim was a child, but did not release the victim's identity."

Just in: Rep. Gabrielle Giffords is alive, in surgery - KGUN9 On Your Side, Tucson News, Weather & Sports

Judge Roll is dead also. Fox said that was confirmed.

I'm sticking with the streaming updates from my local news, rather than any of the nationals, since I'm in Tucson and trust them more. The nationals have already "confirmed" any number of things that turned out to be wrong.

Okay!

The surgeon at a Tucson hospital that received 10 shooting victims today said that one of those victims has died and that the victim is a "small child."

The surgeon said that of the 10 victims at the hospital, five were in critical condition, including Ms. Giffords. The other four were in stable condition.

Five are in surgery, he said.

THE CAUCUS - LIVE BLOG

The doctor at UMC reported that the wound was in the head, that it was "through-and-through", and refuses to say any more in order to not jeopardize the police department's investigation.

Ten patients, one dead, five in surgery, most recent report from the news conference that was just held. We're interviewing some of the City Council members in attendance.

If he really is an Afgan. war vet. He has stained is uniform beyond words and repair.

What a POS.

Lee Harvey did that already.

No. No one damages the uniform beyond repair. Those who wear that uniform fight and die for us every fucking day... they fight while we shop. No one - not this guy, not Oswald, not Manning, damage their uniform... they only stain their own. Our military remain the very best of us.

What kind of laws could you pass? "It is henceforth illegal to shoot Congressmembers"? I think we already have that one. Hell, I'm pretty sure this is even a federal crime, because she's a federal employee who was shot while carrying out her job as a federal employee, much the same as that postal worker who was shot while delivering mail a couple years back.

It is in fact a federal crime and the Federal Government has jurisdiction here because of the shooting of the Congresswoman and judge.

City Councilmember just said the District Judge thing is still an unconfirmed rumor, and it appears he's actually a personal friend of Giffords'.

Forum List

Back