Arizona execution goes terribly wrong

I oppose the death penalty, so do a lot of other conservatives.

You are equally culpable

The ONLY reason we are one of the few countries to maintain the death penalty is because of American Conservatives

so how come the liberals here in California defeated prop 34 which would have ended it in this State?.....

Liberals did end the death penalty in California. For awhile. That's why none of the Manson family got the dp. After that, a horrified state reinstated the dp.

i agree there....it should be without a doubt for the death penalty.....

But what constitutes without a doubt.

the counterbalance to Rolando Cruz (an obviously innocent guy the system bent over backwards to railroad, even after someone else confessed) is John Wayne Gacy. The guy had 29 bodies buried under his house, he was as guilty as a cat in canary cage, and yet he still managed to not get executed for 15 years, because he kept filing appeals to his sentence and kept getting delays.

In this case that was botched yesterday, the guy had committed his two murders in 1989. that's how long it took for the appeals to run out, and then they screwed it up when it came time to execute him.

But what constitutes without a doubt.

when he is on camera or witnesses who testify....and i feel if you are without a doubt guilty.....you have 5 years to appeal not 25....5 years and you are out of there.....

i prefer 5 minutes. :lmao:

This could lead to the abolition of executions.

Arizona Execution of Joseph Wood Took Nearly Two Hours - NBC News

An Arizona execution took nearly two hours on Wednesday, and witnesses said he gasped and snorted for well over an hour.

The execution of double-murderer Joseph Wood — which Arizona carried out with a lethal-injection it had never before tried — is certain to fan the debate over how U.S. states carry out the death penalty.

"I've never witnessed an execution that took that long," defense lawyer Dale Baich told NBC News. "The state of Arizona today conducted a failed experiment....It was horrible to watch."
[Video]

Too bad they could not just of hanged him. Would of been quicker.

No. Seeing as his girlfriend gasped and snorted after he shot her through the lung, he got the ending he deserved.

An Arizona execution took nearly two hours on Wednesday, and witnesses said he gasped and snorted for well over an hour.

The execution of double-murderer Joseph Wood — which Arizona carried out with a lethal-injection it had never before tried — is certain to fan the debate over how U.S. states carry out the death penalty.

"I've never witnessed an execution that took that long," defense lawyer Dale Baich told NBC News. "The state of Arizona today conducted a failed experiment....It was horrible to watch."
[Video]

Too bad they could not just of hanged him. Would of been quicker.

that would be "would have" not "would of".

thanks.

O.K., then how about this , "Hang that prick!" Suit ya better?

Tell me what makes you think a person who plans and commits horrific murders and is found guilty beyond a shadow of a doubt deserves to live?

The person must live...to protect the justice system from killing innocent people.
All convicteds must be kept alive...in case they've been wrongfully convicted by design or honest error.
Can't dig up execution-homicided people, apologise to them and pay them compensation.

This; "it doesn't matter if a few slip thru the cracks [innocent people be executed-homicided], as long as the evil are eliminated from our society" ...that I encounter in American etc forums...is a very misguided mindset.

They'd be singing a different tune if it were one of their family members were the "a few".

I've already said the standard of proof must be different for capital cases. In fact I would rather see a professional jury rather than the general public serving as jurors

When there is no doubt that a person is guilty of first degree murder I have no problem with them being executed.

Tell me what makes you think a person who plans and commits horrific murders and is found guilty beyond a shadow of a doubt deserves to live?

The person must live...to protect the justice system from killing innocent people.
All convicteds must be kept alive...in case they've been wrongfully convicted by design or honest error.
Can't dig up execution-homicided people, apologise to them and pay them compensation.

This; "it doesn't matter if a few slip thru the cracks [innocent people be executed-homicided], as long as the evil are eliminated from our society" ...that I encounter in American etc forums...is a very misguided mindset.

They'd be singing a different tune if it were one of their family members were the "a few".

Why don't you and yours move on over to the USA.
Set up a sign outside your door, inviting home invaders on in.
Let them wipe out your whole family, but you make sure and tell them that they need to live, when they go out the door.
Then you can fight for their right to life, while they sit on death row.

I worry about the victims rights, not the animals. Break into my house, you get the death penalty, and the state never has to pay a dime for it.:badgrin:

so everyone here saying they have no problem with this are Conservatives?....you are getting as bad as Dean RW....

Yes....EVERY fucking conservative does a little dance each time someone is executed

lets say for instance, a murderer killed your mother.., would you grieve for the killer ? and when his execution day arrived you would beg for mercy, admitting your mothers life was less than the killer ?

you fucking bleeding heart liberfucks deserve a thousand :fu:

In ancient times, the family of a victim would seek their own vengeance with eye for an eye justice.

Civilized societies have taken over that role. Killing people to send a message that killing is wrong has been abandoned by most civilized societies

Most of the States have given up on it either officially or in practice

Why don't you and yours move on over to the USA. Set up a sign outside your door, inviting home invaders on in.
Let them wipe out your whole family, but you make sure and tell them that they need to live, when they go out the door.
Then you can fight for their right to life, while they sit on death row.

I worry about the victims rights, not the animals. Break into my house, you get the death penalty, and the state never has to pay a dime for it.:badgrin:

You'd better make sure they're armed, or you might find yourself on death row?

If I had my way there'd be no death row.
Life sentence with no possibility of parole takes care of those who would otherwise be candidates for death row.

I've already said the standard of proof must be different for capital cases. In fact I would rather see a professional jury rather than the general public serving as jurors

When there is no doubt that a person is guilty of first degree murder I have no problem with them being executed.

No doubt?

The death penalty system/justice system can't be trusted;

The Innocence Project - Home

North Carolina Man to Be Released

A North Carolina judge has said he plans to free Darryl Howard, whose double murder conviction was reversed based on new DNA evidence and prosecutorial misconduct.

Trust the justice system with your life?
Good luck with that;

The Innocence Project - Understand the Causes: Forensic Science Misconduct

Government Misconduct
Some wrongful convictions are caused by honest mistakes. But in far too many cases, the very people who are responsible for ensuring truth and justice — law enforcement officials and prosecutors — lose sight of these obligations and instead focus solely on securing convictions.

The cases of wrongful convictions uncovered by DNA testing are filled with evidence of negligence, fraud or misconduct by prosecutors or police departments.

They had never tried the drug before so decided to experiment?
No matter what he did, no one deserves to die like that.
That's your opinion pal.
I think all the rooms where the death penalties are carried out should have a big sign above the door: 'THIS COULD TAKE A WHILE'.

No doubt?

The death penalty system/justice system can't be trusted;

The Innocence Project - Home

North Carolina Man to Be Released

A North Carolina judge has said he plans to free Darryl Howard, whose double murder conviction was reversed based on new DNA evidence and prosecutorial misconduct.

All of those cases used the reasonable doubt standard which I have already said is insufficient for capital cases. And they were tried by the general public. I do not think the average idiot is qualified to sit on any jury never mind a jury in a capital case.

So that makes us better than him, how?

That makes us better.

We didn't murder anybody.

Do you think subhumans that brutally murdered their victims should have the same right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness like the rest of us.
What if their idea of happiness is to kill anyone who bumps into them?

Part of the reason there is so much violence in this world is because the perps, according to the left, must have a good reason for murdering. They are the victims, not their prey. They aren't accountable for their own acts. Justice according to the left is dependent on your race or your class.

Last edited:

Actually, it's about time sombody got it right....It's about time people are forced to whitness what it looks like when someone who had a choice to be there (Wood), is forced to suffer for what he did to innocent people who never asked to be there when he brutally killed them.

Wood got off easy.

I hope he traveled the 12,000 fires of hell during the time it took him to die, & for this he exhibited one undeniable truth:

Joseph Wood will never, ever, murder again.............ever...........period!
cheerskj4.gif

Last edited:
Why not the Guillotine? Makes everyone happy.

It's quick but still fulfills the bloodlust of the folks who just want to kill someone.

Guillotine works too. It's so quick it's painless. If it is gory it is only gory for observers. The executed don't even know.

how do you know?....how long does the head stay alive?....the brain has suffered no trauma....

Medical science. The moment the spine is severed, all pain ceases. The brain itself cannot feel pain.

Guillotine works too. It's so quick it's painless. If it is gory it is only gory for observers. The executed don't even know.

how do you know?....how long does the head stay alive?....the brain has suffered no trauma....

would you like to volunteer ? and tell us how it feels ? :lmao:

read about decapitations.....there are dozens of links saying the head seems to be alive for X amount of seconds after its separated....remember the brain is the control center and as long as the head suffers no trauma.....:dunno:

Forum List

Back