Army Clears Bowe Bergdahl of Misconduct. Really?

TemplarKormac

Political Atheist
Mar 30, 2013
What about the men who served with him who said he walked off the base of his own accord? In an interesting decision, the Army has cleared Bowe Bergdahl of any misconduct during his captivity. This is contrary to testimonials given by his fellow soldiers who claimed he walked off the base unprovoked and sought out the Taliban. This is also contrary to reports that say he fraternized with Taliban fighters, played Soccer and even participated in firing exercises with the Taliban. So, did his fellow soldiers willfully lie on national television? Did they perpetrate a hoax? Were those reports wrong? I personally don't think so. These were men who served in the same hell he did, why would they take this chance to lie about a fellow comrade in this manner? If you really want to know what I think, I think this decision is politically expedient for our President, who traded for Bergdahl five of the most dangerous men in the world, this decision would seem to justify his decision to some, but to me it doesn't change a thing.

As the Army continues to investigate whether Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl is guilty of deserting his unit, this afternoon they said there is no reason to believe that Bergdahl engaged in any misconduct during his five years in captivity.

In fact, that's all that the Army said:
"We have no reason to believe that he engaged in any misconduct."
Bergdahl electrified the national discourse last month after he was freed in a prisoner swap involving five members of the Taliban held at Guantanamo Bay. As charges against his character emerged, the narrative quickly shifted from Bergdahl as POW to Bergdahl as despicable deserter, unworthy bargaining chip, unwitting endangerer of America, and worse.

Here's what else we're learning about Bergdahl:
-- For now, he's on full Army pay, including $200,000 during his time in captivity, all of which he may ultimately have to return.
-- Military investigators have not read Bergdahl his rights.
-- Bergdahl has not yet spoken to his parents.

He is currently in an outpatient facility in Texas. The Army investigation is expected to conclude in mid-August. If charged with desertion, Bergdahl could face court-martial, prison, and even the death penalty.
Army Clears Bergdahl of Any Misconduct During Captivity

[CORRECTION] Just to clarify, his desertion is still being investigated. This is reference to his activities during his captivity.

Last edited:
kangaroo2_cnt_30mar11_rex_b.jpg

I'm here to bring you hope that you might yet have the public execution you pray for TK.
The article says that he is cleared of misconduct while captured.
It doesn't say that he's cleared of desertion.

Be patient...they might even bring back the punishment of hanging, drawing and quartering for your amusement.

I'm here to bring you hope that you might yet have the public execution you pray for TK.

Be patient...they might even bring back the punishment of hanging, drawing and quartering for your amusement.

If he deserts his post on the battlefield he should be lined up on a wall and shot.

Facts are irrelevant. Fox News already convicted Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl & Obama.

I'm OK with what's been "found" so far relative to the time the kid was in captivity.

Of course we won't know about the desertion part until the polls have been analyzed and Obama can decide which way to hop to promote his agenda. Only thing you can trust is that any "investigation" will have no bearing on the final decision.

If he deserts his post on the battlefield he should be lined up on a wall and shot.

TK has already convicted him because he saw stuff on telly.
There's no "if" in his mind.

Too much political agenda on this one. It will go away...........Not for Justice, but for Face Saving measures.

Too much political agenda on this one. It will go away...........Not for Justice, but for Face Saving measures.

Exactly.
Unfortunately for Bergdahl, the moment Obama was perceived to have any involvement in his release he was doomed - irregardless of the facts.

Gee, where else do you liberals get your talking points?

No, because "if" is a scapegoat, a means of misdirection, a way to cause confusion. It's either guilty or not guilty, details must be given for either. But "if" is only speculation. I don't speculate.

Exactly.
Unfortunately for Bergdahl, the moment Obama was perceived to have any involvement in his release he was doomed - irregardless of the facts.

"Leave Obammy alone!!!!"

What about the men who served with him who said he walked off the base of his own accord? In an interesting decision, the Army has cleared....

you might want to go back and read the article. it starts off by saying "AS" they continue to investigate whether he walked off of his base, the army cleared him of wrongdoing DURING CAPTIVITY.

so you can await the decision of the military before you faux rage.

you do understand, though, that he may well be cleared totally. while that might upset you, i'd think they have evidence...

you don't.

Forum List

Back