Asian-American Student Has Near-Perfect 1590 out of 1600 SAT Score and a 4.65 GPA, Gets Ugly Shock After Applications to Elite Universities

Sounds reasonable to me. Makes up for the generations of black kids who weren't accepted.
Whites who are denied university admissions because of what happened in the past are not responsible for what happened in the past. Their denial does not seem reasonable to me.

Whites who are denied university admissions because of what happened in the past are not responsible for what happened in the past. Their denial does not seem reasonable to me.
True. This isn’t about revenge. It should be about eliminating racist admissions policies - not instituting them in reverse.

In fact, I’d suggest that ALL high-achieving white and Asian kids with a perfect or near-perfect GPA and SAT score who were rejected from Ivy League universities reapplyl

Chances are they have moved on and are doing just fine in other schools. Let's face it, once you are out of college nobody really gives a fuck where you went or what your GPA was.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
Chances are they have moved on and are doing just fine in other schools. Let's face it, once you are out of college nobody really gives a fuck where you went or what your GPA was.
No, I am talking about the students who just graduated THIS month and will begin their college career in a few months. They should consider reapplying to the top schools from which they were rejected, where blacks with lower metrics got in, for the 2024-2025 academic year, and spend a gap year doing other pursuits.

P.S. If nobody gives a fuck where you went to school, why then should blacks with lower grades and scores get to go?

Last edited:
Absolutely. When you hire people, you make a best guess at their competence based on their CV. But with diversity, you are likely to get more incompetence since you are now hiring people not on their qualifications, recommendations and accomplishments, but instead based on ethnic, gender, and racial standards that have NOTHING to do with competence.
That would be correct if that were the only metric they used.

• Thanks
True. This isn’t about revenge. It should be about eliminating racist admissions policies - not instituting them in reverse.
It sounds like revenge. You hate the thought that a Black person (not Latinos, Native Americans or White women) get a spot you feel certain people are entitled to based only ONE metric.

• Winner
I say that once the SCOTUS issues its ruling that universities cannot take race into account when deciding whom to admit, the Asian kid should reapply.

In fact, I’d suggest that ALL high-achieving white and Asian kids with a perfect or near-perfect GPA and SAT score who were rejected from Ivy League universities reapplyl
There is no guarentee they will get accepted over someone with lower scores who excels in other areas unless are proposing a law forcing higher Ed to make to accept applicants only on ranked test scores/gpa. That would be a mess.

• Thanks
They do because the FED MAKES THEM. If they don't meet the Fed's quotas for DEI, they would lose federal funding.

"Too bad, we all filled up of Asians for now! Check back with us in a few years! Right now we need mo Black folks."
I’ve never heard of that.

• Thanks
It sounds like revenge. You hate the thought that a Black person (not Latinos, Native Americans or White women) get a spot you feel certain people are entitled to based only ONE metric.
Its the only metric that we can see for ourselves

admitting students with the highest scores on a test that every student takes are free of racial bias toward any group

There is no guarentee they will get accepted over someone with lower scores who excels in other areas unless are proposing a law forcing higher Ed to make to accept applicants only on ranked test scores/gpa. That would be a mess.
Its the system used in oriental countries where there are very few black people

It shouldn’t happen anywhere. Lowering standards for admissions is no different. Affirmative action is simply Jim Crow camouflaged in modern liberalism.
I don’t agree. As long as the standards for graduation are not lowered (which would devalue the degree) they be able to have flexibility in who and how they admit if diversity is their goal.

• Thanks
Its the only metric that we can see for ourselves

admitting students with the highest scores on a test that every student takes are free of racial bias toward any group
Actually there is bias in those tests in terms of access to resources to help a student pass them, bright students from poor districts are going to be disadvantaged. Test scores alone are no guarantee that tbe student is “the best” or a good fit and GPA is a better indicator of success than test scores. Schools are doing away with requiring test scores at all.

• Thanks
Its the system used in oriental countries where there are very few black people
And, interestingly, students from those countries struggle with problems requiring innovation and creativity to solve.

• Thanks
Actually there is bias in those tests in terms of access to resources to help a student pass them, bright students from poor districts are going to be disadvantaged.
Students with low test scores can still go to college but not to an Ivy League school

Or MIT which should be reserved for only the best

Or, why not trade school?

Does everyone deserve a white collar job if they are not qualified for collage?

Last edited:
And, interestingly, students from those countries struggle with problems requiring innovation and creativity to solve.
The chinese struggle because they are products of communism

But capitalist nations like Japan and South Korea are very inventive

No, I hate the fact that there are different standards for different races, and that it’s deemed that blacks with lower GPAs and SAT scores - the best indicators of successful completion of freshman year - are entitled to spots that better-qualified students are denied simply because of their race.

Students with low test scores can still go to college but not to and Ivy League school

Or private institutions like Harvard, can decide for themselves what metrics they will use. It isn’t like they are accepting mediocre students. Also there is no question degrees from those places open doors.

Or MIT which should be reserved for only the best

Or, why not trade school?

We certainly need to offer more paths to trade schools. I agree with you there.

Does everyone deserve a white collar job if they are not qualified for collage?

No one is entitled to anything. However, when we are talking about these elite institutions, the applicants admitted are going to be qualified for college, we aren’t talking struggling C students.

• Thanks
No, I hate the fact that there are different standards for different races, and that it’s deemed that blacks with lower GPAs and SAT scores - the best indicators of successful completion of freshman year - are entitled to spots that better-qualified students are denied simply because of their race.
SAT scores are shown to have economic bias and are less of an indicator of success than GPA. If one of the school’s missions is diversity then they able to accept the student’s needed to fulfill that.

• Thanks

Forum List

Back