Assault weapons ban: Question for supporters

The thought that a mass murderer might be inconvenienced in his attempt to acquire deadly weapons seems to upset our gun fondlers. Relax children, he`ll still be able to get one so why are you worrying about the little darling?

If , as you claim (and are right about) he'd still be able to get one even with an AWB in place, what's the fucking point of the AWB? Duh

Logic, some of you should use it once in awhile.
What`s the point of outlawing heroin if people are getting it anyway? What`s the point in having speed limits when so many people exceed the posted speed limit? Double Duh!! Fair and balanced maybe but dumb as a sack of hair.

The thought that a mass murderer might be inconvenienced in his attempt to acquire deadly weapons seems to upset our gun fondlers. Relax children, he`ll still be able to get one so why are you worrying about the little darling?

If , as you claim (and are right about) he'd still be able to get one even with an AWB in place, what's the fucking point of the AWB? Duh

What`s the point of outlawing heroin if people are getting it anyway? What`s the point in having speed limits when so many people exceed the posted speed limit? Double Duh!! Fair and balanced maybe but dumb as a sack of hair.

Excellent points, except you don't have a right to speed

I would argue that you have a right to shoot heroin if that is your wont.

Moron

Funny.....how is the no fly list going to stop them from getting a gun if they want one...?

Can anyone explain that?

The Orlando killers wife knew about him...odds are she would straw buy him a gun as well.........so putting him on the no fly list or a terror watch list.....would do nothing....right?

You know...we currently have a list of people who cannot buy guns...they are called convicted felons....they are already on a list and when they are stopped by police they show up on their little computers in their squad cars....

Now, anti-gun nuts, riddle me this....

I have posted the research that shows that 90% of gun murderers in the United States.....are convicted felons...which means they cannot buy, own or carry a gun...and they are put on a list that says they can't buy a gun.....

So does anyone notice the problem with that last sentence.............? 90% of the gun murderers in this country are convicted felons and are on a list already that says they cannot own, buy or carry a gun...yet they commit 90% of the murders with guns.....while they are on that list........

Anti-gunners....do you see the problem with another stupid idea that you have?
And 95% of the felons who use illegal guns to commit violent crimes are negroes.
Where are they getting the illegal guns from?
I will not hold you in suspense. 99% of the illegal guns come from mexican cartels. They supply the inner city with the heroin and the illegal guns. For the negro thugs it's a 'two-for'.
Let's see............how could we stop the illegal guns and illegal heroin and the illegal humans from entering the US?
Name one of those things that adds to the prosperity and security to the country. Anyone got any ideas how to stop any of them?
Starts with a 'W'.

Excellent points, except you don't have a right to speed

I would argue that you have a right to shoot heroin if that is your wont.

Moron
Shoot fucking heroin until you fucking die. The sooner the better!
As long as you have the money to do it.
When you have to commit crimes against innocent people to feed your habit, as 99.99% of heroin addicts end up doing, that's where the problem begins and ends if one of them tries to steal my fucking garbage can to sell to get high.

Assume that, today, the 1994 AWB is reinstated.
A year from now, how does this prevent someone like Mateen from legally buying an AR15 and shooting up another nightclub?
10 years from now?
It certainly would have prevented Mateen from legally obtaining a brand new AR15.

This is one of your weaker arguments on the topic.

You should focus on the obvious. If the FBI were given the latitude they need to do their job, Mateen would have been unable to legally obtain ANY AR15 , and possibly already have been in prison.
Then the fucking muslim sub-human would have driven into any inner city negro shit hole and bought all the fucking illegal guns he wanted!
So fucking what?
When the muslim sub-human terrorist knew he wasn't able to buy a gun legally does anyone in their right mind think he said to himself: "Well that fucks up my plans to commit mass murder. I guess I'll just have to take up bowling to get rid of my anger".

A year from now, how does this prevent someone like Mateen from legally buying an AR15 and shooting up another nightclub?
10 years from now?
It certainly would have prevented Mateen from legally obtaining a brand new AR15.

You should focus on the obvious. If the FBI were given the latitude they need to do their job, Mateen would have been unable to legally obtain ANY AR15 , and possibly already have been in prison.
Then the fucking muslim sub-human would have driven into any inner city negro shit hole and bought all the fucking illegal guns he wanted!
So fucking what?
When the muslim sub-human terrorist knew he wasn't able to buy a gun legally does anyone in their right mind think he said to himself: "Well that fucks up my plans to commit mass murder. I guess I'll just have to take up bowling to get rid of my anger".

At a minimum it would have slowed him down, and possibly even he and the negro criminal would have gotten in a fight over said illegal firearm and killed each other, leaving 100 innocent people alone.

As with all legislation you write the best law you can, then amend or change it later if needed.

How anyone can support a person that is on the FBI watch list and has been investigated by the FBI for terrorist activites buying a gun, ANY gun, is just insane. If you can't start with a short list of the most suspicious then where exactly do you start? Really, you are going to defend this dirtbag having access to an assault weapon? Or a BB gun for that matter?

Bizarre.

Here's the thing and that is you can ban the assault weapon and put people on lists and it will not stop those like Mateen because he would have just went the bomb making route like McVeigh, Rudolph and the Boston Bombers went.

The FBI along with the ATF and Homeland Security failed the people of Orlando and let be really honest this is not the first time nor will it be the last time.

Mateen could have been flagged by the FBI and had the ATF notify them when he bought weapons and massive amounts of ammo and started a new investigation and surveillance on the terrorist, but they did not.

So instead blaming the right to buy the firearm we need to focus on why the FBI, ATF and Homeland Security failed the people of Orlando and how to get them to do their job better in tracking the next lone wolf attack, and even then they will miss some...
Sorry. The LIB 'PC Nazis' will NEVER allow ANYONE to be 'embarrassed' and made to feel micro-aggressed upon.

10 years from now?

So fucking what?

At a minimum it would have slowed him down, and possibly even he and the negro criminal would have gotten in a fight over said illegal firearm and killed each other, leaving 100 innocent people alone.
That's right. Just like a fucking WALL is going to "slow down" the traffic of illegal guns, heroin and illegals entering the country.
Name any of the above that adds to the prosperity and peace of the country?

As with all legislation you write the best law you can, then amend or change it later if needed.

How anyone can support a person that is on the FBI watch list and has been investigated by the FBI for terrorist activites buying a gun, ANY gun, is just insane. If you can't start with a short list of the most suspicious then where exactly do you start? Really, you are going to defend this dirtbag having access to an assault weapon? Or a BB gun for that matter?

Bizarre.

Here's the thing and that is you can ban the assault weapon and put people on lists and it will not stop those like Mateen because he would have just went the bomb making route like McVeigh, Rudolph and the Boston Bombers went.

The FBI along with the ATF and Homeland Security failed the people of Orlando and let be really honest this is not the first time nor will it be the last time.

Mateen could have been flagged by the FBI and had the ATF notify them when he bought weapons and massive amounts of ammo and started a new investigation and surveillance on the terrorist, but they did not.

So instead blaming the right to buy the firearm we need to focus on why the FBI, ATF and Homeland Security failed the people of Orlando and how to get them to do their job better in tracking the next lone wolf attack, and even then they will miss some...

"Here's the thing and that is you can ban the assault weapon and put people on lists and it will not stop those like Mateen because he would have just went the bomb making route like McVeigh, Rudolph and the Boston Bombers went." Right because you are a mind reader and expert on such things. Please. How many McVeighs have their been since that toadstool slaughtered children?

I just find it bizarre how people that cling to guns find a way to justify ANYTHING. That nefarious people are all brilliant and resourceful when the opposite is generally true. These people DON'T have access to high explosives which is why they have to find other ways to make bombs and the ones they make are of very poor quality and relatively not that destructive. Laws and handling regulations strictly limiting access to high explosives are responsible for that. The laws DO work.

It is a non-issue. If laws don't work why do we have any laws. Nobody is calling for banning all guns. 80% + of people are calling for strong regulation to keep as many guns out of the hands of these people as possible, which is the best any law can do.

Bizarre.

"Here's the thing and that is you can ban the assault weapon and put people on lists and it will not stop those like Mateen because he would have just went the bomb making route like McVeigh, Rudolph and the Boston Bombers went." Right because you are a mind reader and expert on such things. Please. How many McVeighs have their been since that toadstool slaughtered children?

I just find it bizarre how people that cling to guns find a way to justify ANYTHING. That nefarious people are all brilliant and resourceful when the opposite is generally true. These people DON'T have access to high explosives which is why they have to find other ways to make bombs and the ones they make are of very poor quality and relatively not that destructive. Laws and handling regulations strictly limiting access to high explosives are responsible for that. The laws DO work.

It is a non-issue. If laws don't work why do we have any laws. Nobody is calling for banning all guns. 80% + of people are calling for strong regulation to keep as many guns out of the hands of these people as possible, which is the best any law can do.

Cling to my guns?

Good to know you have that view of me.

The assault ban did so well with Tim McVeigh and Eric Rudolph and the 9/11/2001 hijackers didn't it?

How about Jonesboro, and Columbine shooting and how well did a the gun ban worked?

So seeing you believe those fucking laws work so well with criminals then why do they ignore them or use other weapons to carry out their attacks?

I know how dare I point out the reality of your laws that you want and how they do very little to curb the violence in life because the fact is the only person you want to punish is the person obeying the law because the criminal can give a flying fuck about your stupid little law!

Now what is your goddamn answer this time and remember I am clinging to my two shotguns you believe is evil because you believe the law will protect you and criminals will obey the law!

Bizarre.

actually , there ARE people in THIS thread even who are straight up calling for not just gun bans, but confiscations.

Bizarre.

Cling to my guns?

The assault ban did so well with Tim McVeigh and Eric Rudolph and the 9/11/2001 hijackers didn't it?

How about Jonesboro, and Columbine shooting and how well did a the gun ban worked?

So seeing you believe those fucking laws work so well with criminals then why do they ignore them or use other weapons to carry out their attacks?

I know how dare I point out the reality of your laws that you want and how they do very little to curb the violence in life because the fact is the only person you want to punish is the person obeying the law because the criminal can give a flying fuck about your stupid little law!

Now what is your goddamn answer this time and remember I am clinging to my two shotguns you believe is evil because you believe the law will protect you and criminals will obey the law!

You, like others here, suffer from a knee-jerk reaction syndrome where you don't actually read what someone else posts.

"Nobody is calling for banning all guns. 80% + of people are calling for strong regulation to keep as many guns out of the hands of these people as possible, which is the best any law can do."

Bizarre.

Also let me add the law works and stop bomb makers?

Sure it does and you can buy everything you need for a bomb at your local hardware store so you're full of shit they can not get the materials to make a bomb with because of laws!

Bizarre.

Cling to my guns?

You, like others here, suffer from a knee-jerk reaction syndrome where you don't actually read what someone else posts.

"Nobody is calling for banning all guns. 80% + of people are calling for strong regulation to keep as many guns out of the hands of these people as possible, which is the best any law can do."

and again, there are people in THIS thread who are calling for not just bans on future sales, but confiscation of guns already privately owned.

Bizarre.

Cling to my guns?

Knee jerking now?

You lack the knowledge on the subject and I pointed out for a goddamn fact that the laws do not stop people from committing crimes!

So explain how you can not explain what I wrote and just write that 80% of ignorant people want something based on being fucking pussies and I can not trust your word so link the 80% or stop lying!

Bizarre.

Cling to my guns?

and again, there are people in THIS thread who are calling for not just bans on future sales, but confiscation of guns already privately owned.

Does anyone consider 'people in this thread' as having power to actually accomplish that? I operate under an assumption that we are talking about public and/or political figures. And you can find someone that supports ANYTHING in general. I'm talking about the political voices who merely cite even NRA members where 80% are in favor of stringent background checks and other sensible checks and balances.

Bizarre.

Cling to my guns?

Knee jerking now?

You lack the knowledge on the subject and I pointed out for a goddamn fact that the laws do not stop people from committing crimes!

So explain how you can not explain what I wrote and just write that 80% of ignorant people want something based on being fucking pussies and I can not trust your word so link the 80% or stop lying!

You either don't read what I post all the way through or you ignore what I said, your choice of course. But why exactly would anyone listen to what you have to say if you don't return the courtesy?

Cling to my guns?

Knee jerking now?

You either don't read what I post all the way through or you ignore what I said, your choice of course. But why exactly would anyone listen to what you have to say if you don't return the courtesy?

Where is you link to support your 80% comment and I read your stupid comments and you yet to answer how the previous assault weapon ban stopped those crimes I have listed.

Mass shootings still happen under the old assault weapons ban, so did the criminal not get the memo they were not suppose to kill people?

I mean laws work so great that the ones this country has already keep many from committing crimes and leaving prisons empty.

Now hurry up and show your evidence because it seem you got caught in a lie and now want to switch that I am the one that knows nothing.

Oh and do you know what Tim McVeigh and Eric Rudolph used to build their bombs with or the Boston Bombers?

If you tell me what McVeigh used was not strong enough then tell that to those that lost loved ones in OKC, or those that lost someone in Atlanta because of Rudolph or those that lost someone in the Boston Bombings and tell them their loved ones should not have dies because your opinion is it is impossible to make a bomb strong enough to do any damage!

Cling to my guns?

Knee jerking now?

Where is you link to support your 80% comment and I read your stupid comments and you yet to answer how the previous assault weapon ban stopped those crimes I have listed.

Mass shootings still happen under the old assault weapons ban, so did the criminal not get the memo they were not suppose to kill people?

I mean laws work so great that the ones this country has already keep many from committing crimes and leaving prisons empty.

Now hurry up and show your evidence because it seem you got caught in a lie and now want to switch that I am the one that knows nothing.

Oh and do you know what Tim McVeigh and Eric Rudolph used to build their bombs with or the Boston Bombers?

If you tell me what McVeigh used was not strong enough then tell that to those that lost loved ones in OKC, or those that lost someone in Atlanta because of Rudolph or those that lost someone in the Boston Bombings and tell them their loved ones should not have dies because your opinion is it is impossible to make a bomb strong enough to do any damage!

For you laws don't work, why have any.

Cling to my guns?

Does anyone consider 'people in this thread' as having power to actually accomplish that? I operate under an assumption that we are talking about public and/or political figures. And you can find someone that supports ANYTHING in general. I'm talking about the political voices who merely cite even NRA members where 80% are in favor of stringent background checks and other sensible checks and balances.

Democrats just tried to introduce a bill that BANNED guns Isaac

There are people out there who are just itching for something like this to happen so they can reenter the fight to ban guns. No different than there are people out there who are reveling when something like this happens so they can restart the "you can't trust a Muslim" bullshit.

Why you would even pretend otherwise is beyond me.

In fact that is actually the crux of the whole problem. It used to be that extremist morons like that were the minority and the majority on both sides could pretty well just ignore them and get some things accomplished. But not any more. Now the moron extremists on BOTH sides are the majority and the minority is the people who could actually work together and get some shit done.

You want to solve this issue on both ends? Fine, easily done.

Ship all refugees to one of the many abandoned military bases we have around this country and keep them there, where they are safe from those who would harm them at home (PS no men between the ages of 16-40, they can stay home and fight for their country) while there we can safely vet them before allowing them to roam the country freely.

There that solves that.

Now onto gun control

Set background checks to include the same scrutiny as a low level security clearance would require. That includes an interview with the FBI. Once cleared to buy weapons , no one keeps track of what you buy.

Set flags so that if you have a run in with police your ability to buy a weapon is affected appropriately.

Pass a law that if you have a run in with police and you are found to have a gun without the proper permissions to own said gun, that is an extra felony.

Minimum sentence of 10 years for any crime committed with a gun or any crime committed in the ownership of a gun.

Sensible , reasonable, and sane. No sane person could argue with the effectiveness of proposed policies. AND most importantly no one's rights are violated.

Forum List

Back