At what point will partisans realize that sexual misconduct is not a political issue?

Bullshit. Men behaving badly towards women is not a partisan issue. women have been getting groped, grabbed and harassed for centuries. Women are just getting fed up with it and social media is accelerating the process.

In the aftermath of the Weinstein allegations when the #metoo came into widespread usage, it was shocking to me how many of my family and friends were using it. I’m no longer shocked. I’m saddened and angry.

So many women who have been assaulted, molested, harassed or raped have never told anyone about it, myself included. That’s done. This has to stop.

You people are the ones who claimed the right was waging a war on women, now we know different.

The War on Women has nothing to do with sexual assault and everything to do with stripping women of their rights and equality.

You are unhinged lib. Liberals forced women to perform sex acts to get/keep their job which has EVERYTHING to do with stripping women of their rights and equality, oh that's gonna leave a mark go lick your wounds.

So did conservatives: Hermann Cain, Roger Ailes, Bill O’Reilly, Clarence Thomas, among others. This is a bi-partisan issue.
Yep. And judging from this thread, there are no mirrors on either side of this.

As usual.
Again you lie. We Democrats hold up big mirrors. We have some calling for Franken's resignation. We came down hard on Weinstein & charlie rose. We have some who have come out that Bill Clinton should have resigned.

Any of that on your republican side?

That is what you republican suckups always do. Claim everyone does it to excuse your side.

Again you lie. We Democrats hold up big mirrors. We have some calling for Franken's resignation. We came down hard on Weinstein & charlie rose. We have some who have come out that Bill Clinton should have resigned.

That is what you republican suckups always do. Claim everyone does it to excuse your side.

Where are the republican calls of "innocent until proven guilty" when it comes to Charlie Rose. He's been canned from CBS and PBS and only 3 of 8 accusers gave their name, the other five were anonymous.

So after 3 public accusations, Charlie Rose is out, but after 9 or 12 public accusations Moore and Trump have full republican support.

Of course the Left claims the high ground when it comes to feminism and sexism. Much like the right claims the high ground on morality and religion. So, when they are caught breaking bad on their sacred cows, they deserve condemnation.

Bullshit. Men behaving badly towards women is not a partisan issue. women have been getting groped, grabbed and harassed for centuries. Women are just getting fed up with it and social media is accelerating the process.

In the aftermath of the Weinstein allegations when the #metoo came into widespread usage, it was shocking to me how many of my family and friends were using it. I’m no longer shocked. I’m saddened and angry.

So many women who have been assaulted, molested, harassed or raped have never told anyone about it, myself included. That’s done. This has to stop.

You people are the ones who claimed the right was waging a war on women, now we know different.

The War on Women has nothing to do with sexual assault and everything to do with stripping women of their rights and equality.

You are unhinged lib. Liberals forced women to perform sex acts to get/keep their job which has EVERYTHING to do with stripping women of their rights and equality, oh that's gonna leave a mark go lick your wounds.

So did conservatives: Hermann Cain, Roger Ailes, Bill O’Reilly, Clarence Thomas, among others. This is a bi-partisan issue.
Hillary controlled and ran a War on Women decades ago, yet you still voted for her. She did some most heinous things to protect herself and her perverted abusive husband.

While I do realize that many people view pretty much everything through a partisan political lens, watching the ends of the spectrum trade gotchas with each other on all these stories coming out is getting funny.

Do you think we are capable of separating the topic of sexual misconduct from partisan politics?

Are there any other topics that we're capable of separating from partisan politics?

Or is everything going to remain a simplistic Left vs. Right slap fight?

it should be non-partisan. difficult to have it be so given the guy in the white house and the support for roy moore from Alabama gop.

Where are the republican calls of "innocent until proven guilty" when it comes to Charlie Rose.

Idiot Charlie Rose has already admitted his guilt you libs are not the brightest bulbs.

Hillary controlled and ran a War on Women decades ago, yet you still voted for her. She did some most heinous things to protect herself and her perverted abusive husband.

You mean like Kayla Moore is doing now?

Where are the republican calls of "innocent until proven guilty" when it comes to Charlie Rose.

Idiot Charlie Rose has already admitted his guilt you libs are not the brightest bulbs.

So what you’re saying is that he should lie, attack his accusers and deny any wrong doing - like Donald Trump or Judge Moore. Oh yes, and threaten to sue the women for libel.

Whatever happened to manning up and taking responsibility for your actions?

So what you’re saying is that he should lie, attack his accusers and deny any wrong doing - like Donald Trump or Judge Moore. Oh yes, and threaten to sue the women for libel.

We should ask Mac about this

While I do realize that many people view pretty much everything through a partisan political lens, watching the ends of the spectrum trade gotchas with each other on all these stories coming out is getting funny.

Do you think we are capable of separating the topic of sexual misconduct from partisan politics?

Are there any other topics that we're capable of separating from partisan politics?

Or is everything going to remain a simplistic Left vs. Right slap fight?

Never let a crisis go to waste. Who said that?

Did I say that? No. You can't make any excuses for Rose so you deflect by making shit up like most liberal drones.

Again, we've thrown people in jail for less evidence than they have on Moore right now.

Maybe before technology, but today, we have better ways of proving guilt and it has to be pretty compelling to get a conviction. Unless new technology is used, nobody is sent to prison for something that happened over 30 years ago with no evidence other than hearsay.

Bullshit. these Right wing "Christians" (Not really) are all about imposing hteir Bronze Age beliefs on the rest of us. They don't care what Moore did, as long as he does their bidding.

Obviously you don't know Christians then. Their first loyalty is to God. For a leftist, their first loyalty is to their politicians.

You mean like Kayla Moore is doing now?
Yep. Another example of the point.

Maybe before technology, but today, we have better ways of proving guilt and it has to be pretty compelling to get a conviction. Unless new technology is used, nobody is sent to prison for something that happened over 30 years ago with no evidence other than hearsay.

Nobody will be thrown into jail for something that happened 30 years ago because the Statue of LImitations ran out.

But we are still throwing people in prison on the word of a witness, often with no other evidence.

Obviously you don't know Christians then. Their first loyalty is to God. For a leftist, their first loyalty is to their politicians.

actually, I know a lot of Christians... and they are the biggest fucking bunch of phonies ever.

Again, we've thrown people in jail for less evidence than they have on Moore right now.

Bullshit. these Right wing "Christians" (Not really) are all about imposing hteir Bronze Age beliefs on the rest of us. They don't care what Moore did, as long as he does their bidding.

Nobody goes to jail for stuff they did 30 years ago except murderers. There is a statute of limitations on all other crimes.

The only exception to this rule, other than murder, is that in some countries, the clock on that statute for sexual abuse victims to lay charges doesn’t start running until they reach the age of majority.

It depends Mac... You and ai can seperate the issue from our political stances, but most can not.I know this lass that want to discuss politics with me all the time and I pretend to be liberal or regressive as you write so I can show her how she only see one side of the coin and that not everything is political. Sexual harassment is a social problem that falls into the political spectrum and it hit all sides and not one.So to answer some can but many will not...
`
`

The fact of the matter here is that neither the political (dem/gop) nor ideological (conservative/liberal) side holds the moral high ground on this issue.
If Republicans weren’t such dumbasses and pathetic liars they would easily hold the moral high ground on every issue.

The Republican Party today encompasses ALL of America’s political spectrum from the founding of the country to the 80s and early 90s.

The Democrats entire platform is literally only about 25 to 27 years old in practice and has absolutely no connection to this country or the western world before that time.

Nobody will be thrown into jail for something that happened 30 years ago because the Statue of LImitations ran out.

But we are still throwing people in prison on the word of a witness, often with no other evidence.

Very rare if at all. Most all violent crime leaves a trail that can be detected and brought to court as evidence. A woman can't have a legitimate claim of rape unless there is such evidence. They don't arrest guys just because a woman says she was raped. Or if somebody claims they were violently attacked. If there are no visible injuries, nobody goes to jail.

Forum List

Back