Atheism is a Fringe Kook Theory Cult

That works only for those who are naïve enough to believe that one particle of doubt supersedes a mountain of data. In the vast majority of cases, it doesn't. That particle of doubt would have to be truly extraordinary, and utterly unambiguous.

What mountain of data? In fact, let's keep this very simple. Don't show me the mountain, show me a single rock. Show me a single objective fact as to the existence or non-existence of God. Point out just one and I will concede Atheism is the only rational conclusion. Heck, I'll do the same for any Theist out there as well. One lousy objective and pertinent fact is all I'm asking for.

Erm, did you not read the post to which I was responding?

Pick up a rock, any rock, and that is your objective evidence right there in your hand. That is matter. It contains potential energy which will become kinetic energy if you let it fall under the influence of gravity which is one of the forces of the universe.

All of those are objective and pertinent facts that the universe exists.

Compared to those facts there is not one single objective and pertinent facts that an omnipotent creator exists. Nowhere will you be able to point to a particle of matter or observe energy in motion or demonstrate a universal force that establishes the existence of an omnipotent creator.

In one hand you have a rock and in the other nothing whatsoever.

What rational conclusion can you draw from the evidence (and lack thereof) in your hands?

Well, since you are apparently talking to me again...

You have just given me the same argument I have gotten from Theists. Look at this rock, how else could it have gotten here if not for God? I will give you the same response.... I have no idea. Now, when you actually have some objective and pertinent fact let me know. All you have given me so far is unsupported belief.

What rock, where? I'm a geologist, so ask me a specific question about a specific rock, and I will give you a specific answer.

Pick up a rock, any rock, and that is your objective evidence right there in your hand. That is matter. It contains potential energy which will become kinetic energy if you let it fall under the influence of gravity which is one of the forces of the universe.

Compared to those facts there is not one single objective and pertinent facts that an omnipotent creator exists. Nowhere will you be able to point to a particle of matter or observe energy in motion or demonstrate a universal force that establishes the existence of an omnipotent creator.

What rational conclusion can you draw from the evidence (and lack thereof) in your hands?

You have just given me the same argument I have gotten from Theists. Look at this rock, how else could it have gotten here if not for God? I will give you the same response.... I have no idea. Now, when you actually have some objective and pertinent fact let me know. All you have given me so far is unsupported belief.

What rock, where? I'm a geologist, so ask me a specific question about a specific rock, and I will give you a specific answer.

Really. I have a piece of geode on my desk my daughter gave to me. How is that evidence to existence or non-existence of God?

That works only for those who are naïve enough to believe that one particle of doubt supersedes a mountain of data. In the vast majority of cases, it doesn't. That particle of doubt would have to be truly extraordinary, and utterly unambiguous.

What mountain of data? In fact, let's keep this very simple. Don't show me the mountain, show me a single rock. Show me a single objective fact as to the existence or non-existence of God. Point out just one and I will concede Atheism is the only rational conclusion. Heck, I'll do the same for any Theist out there as well. One lousy objective and pertinent fact is all I'm asking for.

Erm, did you not read the post to which I was responding?

Yes. Did you read the post it was responding to?

We need to move past simplistic superstitions and come to terms with what God's actually are.

We need to move past simplistic superstitions and come to terms with what God's actually are.

Small Gods: (Discworld Novel 13) - Terry Pratchett - Google Books

books

'Just because you can't explain it, doesn't mean it's a miracle.'

In the beginning was the Word. And the Word was: 'Hey, you!' This is the Discworld, after all, and religion is a controversial business. Everyone has their own opinion, and indeed their own gods, of every shape and size, and all elbowing for space at the top. In such a competitive environment, shape and size can be pretty crucial to make one's presence felt. So it's certainly not helpful to be reduced to appearing in the form of a tortoise, a manifestation far below god-like status in anyone's book.

In such instances, you need an acolyte, and fast: for the Great God Om, Brutha the novice is the Chosen One - or at least the only One available. He wants peace and justice and brotherly love. He also wants the Inquisition to stop torturing him now, please...

Really. I have a piece of geode on my desk my daughter gave to me. How is that evidence to existence or non-existence of God?

Your question is irrelevant to my challenge. My point is that just because you are clueless about rocks doesn't mean that others are also. For instance, your geode is a mineral-laden void structure usually chemically deposited/grown in sedimentary or volcanic rock. Any questions?

Your question is irrelevant to my challenge. My point is that just because you are clueless about rocks doesn't mean that others are also. For instance, your geode is a mineral-laden void structure usually chemically deposited/grown in sedimentary or volcanic rock. Any questions?

It wasn't your challenge, it was mine. I asked for any objective evidence as to the existence or non-existence of God. I made the assumption your comment had something to do with the conversation. I guess I was wrong.

It wasn't your challenge, it was mine. I asked for any objective evidence as to the existence or non-existence of God. I made the assumption your comment had something to do with the conversation. I guess I was wrong.

For either the first or the thousandth time, I'm not sure at this point,

The objective evidence for the non-existence of God is the lack of evidence for the existence of God.

The objective evidence for the non-existence of God is the lack of evidence for the existence of God.
"
  • If a proposition has not been proven, then it cannot be considered true and must therefore be considered false.
the formal name for this logical fallacy is argument from ignorance....
Argument from ignorance - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You can say it as many times as you like, a lack of evidence is not evidence. Not unless you can specify what evidence there should be if there were a God, and support that objectively. Can you?

If your belief in God results in your denying your children life-saving medicine or treatments is having atheists say what fools those parents are and coming down like a ton of bricks on religions really so bad?

If a person's faith involves their being positive and happy people, more power to them. But that's not often what happens. More often than not people big into their given religions are real pills to have around trying to force it down everyone else's throat as we see with ISIS, fundy Christians in our own country, and how as with ISIS in Iraq, Christians here try to get their religious beliefs into secular laws.

Besides, if God as religious people envision it really exists, why should we do things like help a bunch of people trapped on a mountaintop? Let them pray for divine intervention. Surely if God exists, is benevolent, and all-powerful he'll lend a hand. And if not and they all die refusing to convert, at least they're now in heaven. So why bother helping them if God exists and we're all so sure it does?

I find more Atheists denying their children life saving medicines than religious people.

It is the Atheists who invariably rant about vaccines causing autism and spewing moronic horseshit about GMO's or EMI from cell phones.

40% of self-described Atheists believe in god? ROFL - too funny. One with utter faith that their is no god is a fool indeed, easily as foolish as those who believe without evidence that there is a god.

I want theists to not take atheists so seriously and speak out against them more often.

How is it that 2.4% of the population rides rough shod on the other 97.6%?

{
DYER COUNTY, TN -
(WMC) – A young girl, who claims she was standing up for her religious beliefs in the classroom, was suspended after breaking a class rule of saying "bless you" after a classmate sneezed.

When Dyer County High School senior Kendra Turner said bless you to her classmate, she says her teacher told her that was for church.}

Student reportedly suspended after saying Bless you - Action News 5 - Memphis Tennessee

Atheists are as radical as the Taliban in crushing competing beliefs. How do we allow this tiny cadre of thugs to crush the 1st Amendment?

"
  • If a proposition has not been proven, then it cannot be considered true and must therefore be considered false.
the formal name for this logical fallacy is argument from ignorance....
Argument from ignorance - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Argument from ignorance, thy name is NYC.

Meanwhile:

"
The Lord Speaks
38 Then the Lord spoke to Job out of the storm. He said:

2 “Who is this that obscures my plans
with words without knowledge?
3 Brace yourself like a man;
I will question you,
and you shall answer me.

4 “Where were you when I laid the earth’s foundation?
Tell me, if you understand.
5 Who marked off its dimensions? Surely you know!
Who stretched a measuring line across it?
6 On what were its footings set,
or who laid its cornerstone—
7 while the morning stars sang together
and all the angels shouted for joy?

8 “Who shut up the sea behind doors
when it burst forth from the womb,
9 when I made the clouds its garment
and wrapped it in thick darkness,
10 when I fixed limits for it
and set its doors and bars in place,
11 when I said, ‘This far you may come and no farther;
here is where your proud waves halt’?

12 “Have you ever given orders to the morning,
or shown the dawn its place,
13 that it might take the earth by the edges
and shake the wicked out of it?
14 The earth takes shape like clay under a seal;
its features stand out like those of a garment.
15 The wicked are denied their light,
and their upraised arm is broken.

16 “Have you journeyed to the springs of the sea
or walked in the recesses of the deep?
17 Have the gates of death been shown to you?
Have you seen the gates of the deepest darkness?
18 Have you comprehended the vast expanses of the earth?
Tell me, if you know all this.

19 “What is the way to the abode of light?
And where does darkness reside?
20 Can you take them to their places?
Do you know the paths to their dwellings?
21 Surely you know, for you were already born!
You have lived so many years!

22 “Have you entered the storehouses of the snow
or seen the storehouses of the hail,
23 which I reserve for times of trouble,
for days of war and battle?
24 What is the way to the place where the lightning is dispersed,
or the place where the east winds are scattered over the earth?
25 Who cuts a channel for the torrents of rain,
and a path for the thunderstorm,
26 to water a land where no one lives,
an uninhabited desert,
27 to satisfy a desolate wasteland
and make it sprout with grass?
28 Does the rain have a father?
Who fathers the drops of dew?
29 From whose womb comes the ice?
Who gives birth to the frost from the heavens
30 when the waters become hard as stone,
when the surface of the deep is frozen?

31 “Can you bind the chains of the Pleiades?
Can you loosen Orion’s belt?
32 Can you bring forth the constellations in their seasons
or lead out the Bear with its cubs?
33 Do you know the laws of the heavens?
Can you set up God’s dominion over the earth?

34 “Can you raise your voice to the clouds
and cover yourself with a flood of water?
35 Do you send the lightning bolts on their way?
Do they report to you, ‘Here we are’?
36 Who gives the ibis wisdom
or gives the rooster understanding?
37 Who has the wisdom to count the clouds?
Who can tip over the water jars of the heavens
38 when the dust becomes hard
and the clods of earth stick together?

39 “Do you hunt the prey for the lioness
and satisfy the hunger of the lions
40 when they crouch in their dens
or lie in wait in a thicket?
41 Who provides food for the raven
when its young cry out to God
and wander about for lack of food?"

Knowing HOW a rock is formed chemically does not answer the question of..FROM WHENCE came the materials to make the rock? Who did place the foundations of the earth, who arranges the clouds?

Hint: Nothing is random.

Last edited:
I want theists to not take atheists so seriously and speak out against them more often.

How is it that 2.4% of the population rides rough shod on the other 97.6%?

{
DYER COUNTY, TN -
(WMC) – A young girl, who claims she was standing up for her religious beliefs in the classroom, was suspended after breaking a class rule of saying "bless you" after a classmate sneezed.

When Dyer County High School senior Kendra Turner said bless you to her classmate, she says her teacher told her that was for church.}

Student reportedly suspended after saying Bless you - Action News 5 - Memphis Tennessee

Atheists are as radical as the Taliban in crushing competing beliefs. How do we allow this tiny cadre of thugs to crush the 1st Amendment?

Yes. Because Dyer County, TN is a bastion of radical Atheism. No other conceivable explanation for this event. Please.

Yes. Because Dyer County, TN is a bastion of radical Atheism. No other conceivable explanation for this event. Please.

Public schools are run by radical atheists. Suspending a student for saying "bless you" is a pretty absurd act. I guess we should be grateful they didn't take her out and stone her, still the atheists must be exposed as the anti-liberty thugs that they are.

Forum List

Back