Attempted Military Coup in Turkey

Attempted Military Coup Underway in Turkey

An unity in army allied with Gulen, who live in USA, want to topple the democraty.

Hey you've only made three more posts since your ONE post, as you've been handed a 100 plus thread, shouldn't you be showing your appreciation more by making more than FOUR posts in it and also providing links and Live Feed Video links like I was doing?

Come on, get with the programme, you'll never get a 100 plus thread again, I've read your other threads.

all powerfull iran army troops going to tabriz province (near turkey ) from tehran- shiraz- isfihan
East-Azerbaijan-Iran-Map.jpg
Turkey will destroy this Shia garbage if they try to invade. ..... :cool:
no invade. just protect border . iran havnt problem with secular turkey

Erdogan is on the line)
adressing the nation
SNIMOK.png
Just a note: Erdogan hasn’t appeared on Turkish National TV and hasn’t told he’s controlling the situation. It may be an evidence that his fate has been already decided. Just like Morsi’s fate in Egypt.

How Mohamed Morsi, Egypt’s first elected president, ended up on death row

He also asked Germany for protection and was rejected.
I believe Erdogan greatly angered the German gvmnt a few years ago when he visited and told the Turks there not to assimilate. Perhaps it's water under the bridge, but I doubt they would want to take him in. It could lead to all kinds of trouble for Germany.
He was denied asylum in Germany, according to NBC, before heading to London.

Erdogan Seeks Asylum in Europe: Report
Dear God. We will probably be stupid enough to take him.
After Brexit events Britain has got enough problems to add one more pain in the b*tt: Erdogan. His problem is: he has spoiled the relationship with just about everybody.

NY Times:
Turkey had been going through a deep sense of isolation for the past few years having switched from its famous “zero problems with neighbors” policy to a place where they had no neighbors without problems. This was the loneliest point in the history of the republic.
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/28/world/europe/russia-turkey-erdogan-putin.html?_r=0

The military putschists are the biggest backward of our time. :arrow:

Dear dear, is THAT the best you can comment? You need to try harder Freeman, you've been given a gift of a thread that wasn't even yours, the most you can do is post some proper stuff in it.

Military coup in Turkey??

No more of that criminal Islamist Erdogan??

YAYYYYYY!! :clap2::clap2::clap2:

At least a bit of good news among all the bad ones.

Erdogan was playing footsie with ISIS, covertly supporting them against the Kurds. Erdogan aids ISIS, ISIS turns around and attacks Turkey with an airport bombing. I think that was the last straw for the Turkish military.

So, while one should not support a coup against a democratic state, Erdogan's government is not really a democratic government, being it's widely understood the last elections were rigged. The best case here is that the military steps in and out quickly, like it has done in the past.

And everyone, give the conservatives some breathing space. Their masters haven't instructed them yet whether to blame Obama for it, or blame Obama for not doing it sooner. That's why their talking points are all over the place.

Obama's not taking out his Muslim Brotherhood guy, moron.
france close his embassy in turkey just 1 weeks ago in . why ?
Clever aren't we?
Dani...are you hoping Turkey will be less Sunni-ish?
be less isis-ish
secular regime is good for iran .
but turkey in civil war is very dangerous for iran security :(

It's great for driving oil prices up :)
but we cant go to antalya :mad: :D

best hotel .best free food and liquor for 1 week : just 400$
i had plan to go antalya this summer:mad:

konyaalti_sweep-300.jpg
BeachPool_-_15a61a1.jpg

Erdogan was playing footsie with ISIS, covertly supporting them against the Kurds. Erdogan aids ISIS, ISIS turns around and attacks Turkey with an airport bombing. I think that was the last straw for the Turkish military.

So, while one should not support a coup against a democratic state, Erdogan's government is not really a democratic government, being it's widely understood the last elections were rigged. The best case here is that the military steps in and out quickly, like it has done in the past.

And everyone, give the conservatives some breathing space. Their masters haven't instructed them yet whether to blame Obama for it, or blame Obama for not doing it sooner. That's why their talking points are all over the place.

Obama was oblivious and caught off guard....typical for the clueless blunder. He's too busy worrying about men in dresses taking a whiz in the girl's restroom

I am sure Turkish military liaison officers have advised the USAF at Incirlik that they are in no danger. The USAF probably knows more about what's going on than the press does.

Military coup in Turkey??

No more of that criminal Islamist Erdogan??

YAYYYYYY!! :clap2::clap2::clap2:

At least a bit of good news among all the bad ones.

Freeman should be on later to tell everyone that Tel Aviv is behind the coup, he thinks that ISIS are also a Mossad operation.

france close his embassy in turkey just 1 weeks ago in . why ?
Clever aren't we?
Dani...are you hoping Turkey will be less Sunni-ish?
be less isis-ish
secular regime is good for iran .
but turkey in civil war is very dangerous for iran security :(

It's great for driving oil prices up :)
but we cant go to antalya :mad: :D

best hotel .best free food and liquor for 1 week : just 400$
i had plan to go antalya this summer:mad:

konyaalti_sweep-300.jpg
BeachPool_-_15a61a1.jpg

Oil keeps going up and driving my energy holdings and I might meet you there

Obama was oblivious and caught off guard....typical for the clueless blunder. He's too busy worrying about men in dresses taking a whiz in the girl's restroom

What does Obama have to do with it you moron. I really getting tired of you racist pieces of shit.

This is probably a good thing.

Turkish Military seizing control from radical muslim president needed to happen.

"Barack Obama was once asked who was his "closest friend" among world leaders. He did not hesitate when he answered: President Tacip Erdogan, the Islamist president of Turkey.

Now Obama’s BFF is in big trouble, as Turkish military units have launched a coup attempt against his government.

UPDATE: The Turkish Military claims it has seized control of the nation’s government.

SkyNews reports:

The Turkish military claims to have seized control of the country amid reports of tanks and army jets in Istanbul and Ankara.

An announcer on Turkey’s state broadcaster TRT has read out a live statement, reportedly on the orders of the military, saying the country is now being run by a "peace council".

It comes after the NTV broadcaster quoted the army as saying: "Power in the country has been seized in its entirety."

Although elected democratically, Erdogan and his Islamist party has moved the nation rapidly towards Sharia law and dictatorship since he gained power in 2003 — a violation of the secularist requirements in Turkey’s constitution as established by Kemal Ataturk nearly a century ago:

It is in Turkey’s constitution that if the government veers from the reforms brought about by Ataturk that the military should overthrow the government. This movement towards a more religious government in Turkey is counter to Ataturk’s reforms. If the military can manage this coup it will take out the radical Islamic elements that have taken over Turkey’s government."

Erdogan has been accused of funding ISIS in his effort to overthrow Syrian President Bashar al-Assad.

Erdogan even jailed two journalists who offered proof of his weapons sales to Islamic State-linked "rebels." And his son has reportedly made billions illegally selling ISIS oil on world markets.

Erdogan has spent years replacing military generals with loyalists, but it seems they have been bypassed:

The Turkish Prime Minister Binali Yildirim has confirmed that military action is taking place, describing it as an illegal "attempt" by a faction of the army to seize power.

A Turkish state news agency is reporting that a top general is among several people being "held hostage" at the military headquarters in Ankara.

The Prime Minister is denying the claims of a successful coup:

Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan is safe, according to a presidential source.

According to Turkish media, the military statement said it had taken action to: "reinstall the constitutional order, democracy, human rights and freedoms, to ensure that the rule of law once again reigns in the country, for the law and order to be reinstated."

The military statement went on to say that "all international agreements and commitments will remain. We pledge that good relations with all world countries will continue."

Mr Yildirim has called for calm, saying security forces are doing what is necessary to resolve the situation.

He warned that those responsible for this "illegal attempt " will pay the "highest price."

Turkey is a NATO country. It is unclear if Erdogan’s friend Obama will attempt to take any action to defend him."

BREAKING: Military Coup in Turkey... UPDATE: Military Claims It...

Cautious statement from Iran's foreign minister.
Deeply concerned about the crisis in Turkey. Stability, democracy & safety of Turkish people are paramount. Unity & prudence are imperative.

Forum List

Back