Attempts to Roll Back Marriage Equality since the Trump Election.

I see the Pedo-Friendlies still fear losing their ability to accumulate personal kiddie harems. Sick freaks, all of them.

I see the Pedo-Friendlies still fear losing their ability to accumulate personal kiddie harems. Sick freaks, all of them.
Thank you for that thoughtful and articulate contribution to an important and sensitive topic. You are an invaluable member of this community. Now wipe the spit off your chin and shut the fuck up.

I'm a complete ignorant about American constitutional jurisprudence but I think a Supreme court sentence counts more than any federal or statal law or executive order.
So I think it's almost impossible bypass the Supreme court sentence about gay marriage :)
(Anyway I've never heard anything against gays and lesbians or against gay marriage coming from president Trump)

While Trump himself has been pretty quiet on the subject of same sex marriage and LGBT rights in general, we know that he has surrounded himself with some of the most opprobrious bigots - both religious and those that are just far right-or alt right -ideologues and hate mongers.

There was the recent report - a resulted from a leak from the White House- that an executive order was being drafted to overturn Obamas EO prohibiting discrimination against Federal LGBT employees and contractors. If put in front of Trump, the lazy and incurious plutocrat might have mindlessly signed it. Fortunately, Jerod and Ivanka Kushner- two of the few rational and decent people on his inner circle interceded and it was quashed.

Nevertheless, the knowledge of the anti gay forces lurking in the White House, have , apparently ,emboldened ideological bigots and religious zealots across the country to take new aim at marriage equality.

There are at least three attempts in progress to do so. All have been launched since the election, and I can't help but to believe that they have been inspired and encouraged by the reactionary forces that have gained power and influence recently. No doubt that the prospect of tipping the balance of the Supreme Court is also a factor. Consider:

Tennessee Bill Would Undo Marriage Equality
A bill making its way through the Tennessee state legislature aims to roll back marriage equality in the Volunteer State. But LGBT advocates say the legislation is an unconstitutional attempt to overrule the U.S. Supreme Court.
Tennessee Republican Rep. Mark Pody, who claims God has called him to stop same-sex marriages, introduced House Bill 1412, the Tennessee Natural Marriage Defense Act, last September. At the same time, Sen. Mae Beavers, also a Republican, introduced companion legislation in the Senate.

This is really stupid and unconstitutional is light of the Obergefell ruling. What are these people thinking and do they not have anything better to do? Are there not some actual problems to address that they will spent time, money and energy on this??

As written, the bill seeks to declare it "the policy of Tennessee to defend natural marriage between one man and one woman regardless of any court decision to the contrary." It requires state officials, including the attorney general, to "defend any state or local government official from any lawsuit" arising from an official's refusal to marry a same-sex couple. The bill also seeks to prevent state and local agencies from implementing any punishment for those violating the Supreme Court's June 2015 ruling that mandated legal marriage equality nationwide.

They cannot possibly get away with this unless they can get Obergefell and Windsor overturned, and that is not happening. Similarly, the City of Houston is trying to undermine the right of same sex partners of city employees to recieve spousal benefits, also in violation of Obergefell:

Amid GOP Pressure, Texas High Court to Hear Challenge to Spousal Benefits

The Texas Supreme Court Friday agreed to hear a case challenging some of the rights gained with marriage equality.
The case involves whether the city of Houston is obligated to provide benefits to same-sex spouses of city employees, The Dallas Morning News reports. In September the high court had declined to hear the case, but justices reversed that decision amid pressure from top Republican state officials, including Gov. Greg Abbott, Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick, and Attorney General Ken Paxton.

Then we have this out of Arkansas.
Seriously, Arkansas? Even Trump Knows Same-Sex Marriage Is Done Deal
Guys, you aren’t actually going to even believe this. There are still people trying to get rid of same-sex marriage. If you’re all, “didn’t we already fight about this a long time ago?” you’d be right. Except that news apparently hasn’t hit Arkansas just yet. One of its esteemed legislators just filed a Senate Joint Resolution requesting the United States Congress to start working on a Constitutional Amendment defining marriage as the “union of one man and one woman.” How positively late-90s of him.

Yes, it is unlikely to go anywhere, and even congressional Republicans know that it is unpopular and a colossal waste of time. However, the point is, as I have said, that there has been a flurry of this type of activity since the election. Does anyone deny the obvious connection given that fact that no such attempts to roll back marriage equality in the 18 months or so since the Obergefell ruling were introduced until now.??
It used to be people that literally believed God was talking to them were given psychiatric evaluation. Nowadays, they are elected to public office.

As much as Republicans hate blacks, Hispanics, Muslims and others, they hate gays most of all. Then those odious and hate filled miscreants claim they are the party of God.

While Trump himself has been pretty quiet on the subject of same sex marriage and LGBT rights in general, we know that he has surrounded himself with some of the most opprobrious bigots - both religious and those that are just far right-or alt right -ideologues and hate mongers.

There was the recent report - a resulted from a leak from the White House- that an executive order was being drafted to overturn Obamas EO prohibiting discrimination against Federal LGBT employees and contractors. If put in front of Trump, the lazy and incurious plutocrat might have mindlessly signed it. Fortunately, Jerod and Ivanka Kushner- two of the few rational and decent people on his inner circle interceded and it was quashed.

Nevertheless, the knowledge of the anti gay forces lurking in the White House, have , apparently ,emboldened ideological bigots and religious zealots across the country to take new aim at marriage equality.

There are at least three attempts in progress to do so. All have been launched since the election, and I can't help but to believe that they have been inspired and encouraged by the reactionary forces that have gained power and influence recently. No doubt that the prospect of tipping the balance of the Supreme Court is also a factor. Consider:

Tennessee Bill Would Undo Marriage Equality
A bill making its way through the Tennessee state legislature aims to roll back marriage equality in the Volunteer State. But LGBT advocates say the legislation is an unconstitutional attempt to overrule the U.S. Supreme Court.
Tennessee Republican Rep. Mark Pody, who claims God has called him to stop same-sex marriages, introduced House Bill 1412, the Tennessee Natural Marriage Defense Act, last September. At the same time, Sen. Mae Beavers, also a Republican, introduced companion legislation in the Senate.

This is really stupid and unconstitutional is light of the Obergefell ruling. What are these people thinking and do they not have anything better to do? Are there not some actual problems to address that they will spent time, money and energy on this??

As written, the bill seeks to declare it "the policy of Tennessee to defend natural marriage between one man and one woman regardless of any court decision to the contrary." It requires state officials, including the attorney general, to "defend any state or local government official from any lawsuit" arising from an official's refusal to marry a same-sex couple. The bill also seeks to prevent state and local agencies from implementing any punishment for those violating the Supreme Court's June 2015 ruling that mandated legal marriage equality nationwide.

They cannot possibly get away with this unless they can get Obergefell and Windsor overturned, and that is not happening. Similarly, the City of Houston is trying to undermine the right of same sex partners of city employees to recieve spousal benefits, also in violation of Obergefell:

Amid GOP Pressure, Texas High Court to Hear Challenge to Spousal Benefits

The Texas Supreme Court Friday agreed to hear a case challenging some of the rights gained with marriage equality.
The case involves whether the city of Houston is obligated to provide benefits to same-sex spouses of city employees, The Dallas Morning News reports. In September the high court had declined to hear the case, but justices reversed that decision amid pressure from top Republican state officials, including Gov. Greg Abbott, Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick, and Attorney General Ken Paxton.

Then we have this out of Arkansas.
Seriously, Arkansas? Even Trump Knows Same-Sex Marriage Is Done Deal
Guys, you aren’t actually going to even believe this. There are still people trying to get rid of same-sex marriage. If you’re all, “didn’t we already fight about this a long time ago?” you’d be right. Except that news apparently hasn’t hit Arkansas just yet. One of its esteemed legislators just filed a Senate Joint Resolution requesting the United States Congress to start working on a Constitutional Amendment defining marriage as the “union of one man and one woman.” How positively late-90s of him.

Yes, it is unlikely to go anywhere, and even congressional Republicans know that it is unpopular and a colossal waste of time. However, the point is, as I have said, that there has been a flurry of this type of activity since the election. Does anyone deny the obvious connection given that fact that no such attempts to roll back marriage equality in the 18 months or so since the Obergefell ruling were introduced until now.??
It used to be people that literally believed God was talking to them were given psychiatric evaluation. Nowadays, they are elected to public office.

As much as Republicans hate blacks, Hispanics, Muslims and others, they hate gays most of all. Then those odious and hate filled miscreants claim they are the party of God.
Rdeans are the worst though. We hate them even more than teh gheys.

Thank you for that thoughtful and articulate contribution to an important and sensitive topic. You are an invaluable member of this community. Now wipe the spit off your chin and shut the fuck up.
Agreed, this is a sensitive topic. What could be more sensitive that the debate of whether or not children should lose their main historical benefit of marriage: both a vital mother and father..if the word, institution and contract should be stripped of that benefit to children..(without their having unique & separate representation)

If you knew anything at all about Christianity's New Testament, you'd know they don't hate gays, they hate the culture, not the individuals. Love the sinner, hate the sin? Anything registering? Jude 1? Helllooooo?

They believe that your culture of deviant sex addictions should not replace God's sublime order for human society in general. They pay attention to why God destroyed Sodom.

If you knew anything at all about Christianity's New Testament, you'd know they don't hate gays, they hate the culture, not the individuals. Love the sinner, hate the sin? Anything registering? Jude 1? Helllooooo?

They believe that your culture of deviant sex addictions should not replace God's sublime order for human society in general. They pay attention to why God destroyed Sodom.
Actually many christians hate sodomites and with good reason. The bible says they are sodomites because they hate and reject God. That they are filled with ALL unrighteousness.

There's nothing wrong with hating those who hate God and His people.

Actually many christians hate sodomites and with good reason. The bible says they are sodomites because they hate and reject God. That they are filled with ALL unrighteousness.

You haven't read Jude 1.....apparently.... Read it.

Agreed, this is a sensitive topic. What could be more sensitive that the debate of whether or not children should lose their main historical benefit of marriage: both a vital mother and father..if the word, institution and contract should be stripped of that benefit to children..(without their having unique & separate representation)
Don't you ever get tired of bleating the same inane equine excrement??

Let's see...my responses are lucid, to the subject matter, substantive and not ad hominems. Your responses are vague, lacking simple logic, off topic and attacking the person instead of the subject.

I think we can see who is dishing out the horse shit here...an LGBT cult drone....will wonders never cease?...

You haven't read Jude 1.....apparently.... Read it.
I have and I still hate the homos.

Let's see...my responses are lucid, to the subject matter, substantive and not ad hominems. Your responses are vague, lacking simple logic, off topic and attacking the person instead of the subject.

I think we can see who is dishing out the horse shit here...an LGBT cult drone....will wonders never cease?...
Let me tell you something!! I have post extensively using fact and logic on numerous threats that you have contaminated and trolled over a long period of time. Never once have you made an intelligent or reasonable comment. Not once have you ever posted or linked to a source to back up the stupidity that you present as fact. So don't give me any shit about calling you out on it.

Let me tell you something!! I have post extensively using fact and logic on numerous threats that you have contaminated and trolled over a long period of time. Never once have you made an intelligent or reasonable comment. Not once have you ever posted or linked to a source to back up the stupidity that you present as fact. So don't give me any shit about calling you out on it.
Somebody got his jimmies rustled....

Bro...faggotry should be a state matter, it is not addressed in the constitution in any way, shape or form.

Roll back your militancy or you can expect nothing but push back. You said you wanted tolerance, I knew you were lying back in the '80's & '90's... But now it is clear what you want is dominance. Fuck you faggot, not while I'm still breathing.

Bro...faggotry should be a state matter, it is not addressed in the constitution in any way, shape or form.

Roll back your militancy or you can expect nothing but push back. You said you wanted tolerance, I knew you were lying back in the '80's & '90's... But now it is clear what you want is dominance. Fuck you faggot, not while I'm still breathing.
Who you talking to smiley !?? You need to do some reading on constitutional law because you have no fucking idea what you are talking about, and making assumptions about me tell me what a fucking moron you are.

Who you talking to smiley !?? You need to do some reading on constitutional law because you have no fucking idea what you are talking about, and making assumptions about me tell me what a fucking moron you are.

Please point to where in the Constitution that deviant sexual addictions are even remotely hinted at as protected federally. Or the 1964 Civil Rights Act. And while you're at it, read up on Hively v Ivy Tech (7th circuit 2016) and its conclusions. They said homosexuality isn't covered under the 1964 Civil Rights Act...because they could not either find anywhere in the Constitution that even remotely hinted at protecting deviant sexual addictions...

You, cockbreath. Bro I've done enough reading to know there is nothing in there that applies to faggots getting married.

Forum List

Back