August jobs report.....Weak and June/July revised downward

Apparently. Maybe one of them could run for governor of Illinois some day.

normally they go from running the State to prison, but I would not be surprised if they did it the other way around eventually.

A job is a job.

And then it shot up to 14.9%. Trump being the first president since Hoover to post a net jobs loss.

Blaming Trump instead of the CCP sniffle virus like a good little comrade, eh?

How many CN¥ do they pay you to shitpost?

Blaming Trump instead of the CCP sniffle virus like a good little comrade, eh?

How many CN¥ do they pay you to shitpost?

Probably less than you get paid to defend Trump's mishandling of the sniffle virus

A job is a job.

And then it shot up to 14.9%. Trump being the first president since Hoover to post a net jobs loss.
Remind me again how many Presidents EVER had to deal with a pandemic that totally shut down the US economy, Joey?

Oh, that's right...NONE! The truth is that when it comes to the economy Donald Trump was giving us historically good numbers before Covid.

Revisions to the June and July labor reports showed the US economy added 86,000 fewer jobs than initially reported in those months.

Looks like a .50 rate reduction is in the works now.

Dow futures flat.

Looks like employer's thrust is in employee retention rather than hiring.

Since when is 142,000 jobs added, "weak?" About 160,000 jobs are needed just to keep the unemployment rate the same and the unemployment rate dropped by 1/10th of a point. 168,000 added with household data.

Meanwhile, Trump was president for 48 months. 18 of them (9%) were either lower then 142,000, or just a little more than 142,000. Did you ever once refer to job growth in those months as "weak?"

Remind me again how many Presidents EVER had to deal with a pandemic that totally shut down the US economy, Joey?

Oh, that's right...NONE! The truth is that when it comes to the economy Donald Trump was giving us historically good numbers before Covid.

Trump recommended it and the very next day, states began making it law...

"Therefore, my administration is recommending that all Americans, including the young and healthy, work to engage in schooling from home when possible, avoid gathering in groups of more than 10 people, avoid discretionary travel and avoid eating and drinking in bars, restaurants, and public food courts." ~ Donald Trump, 3.16.2020

Since when is 142,000 jobs added, "weak?" About 160,000 jobs are needed just to keep the unemployment rate the same and the unemployment rate dropped by 1/10th of a point. 168,000 added with household data.

Meanwhile, Trump was president for 48 months. 18 of them (9%) were either lower then 142,000, or just a little more than 142,000. Did you ever once refer to job growth in those months as "weak?"

Not wanting to nitpick, but 18 out of 48 is 37.5%, not 9%.

Trump recommended it and the very next day, states began making it law...

"Therefore, my administration is recommending that all Americans, including the young and healthy, work to engage in schooling from home when possible, avoid gathering in groups of more than 10 people, avoid discretionary travel and avoid eating and drinking in bars, restaurants, and public food courts." ~ Donald Trump, 3.16.2020

Trump's biggest mistake during Covid was listening to Anthony Fauci. You know..."Saint Fauci"? The left's darling?

Perhaps had he dealt with it early on and not pretend it did not exist, such a thing would not have been necessary

Perhaps had he dealt with it early on and not pretend it did not exist, such a thing would not have been necessary
Deal with it how? When he asked for a ban on travel from China do you remember the response from you on the left, Harpy? Would you like me to remind you?

Deal with it how? When he asked for a ban on travel from China do you remember the response from you on the left, Harpy? Would you like me to remind you?

A travel ban from China was useless as it had already spread around the globe. The first case in Missouri was a girl coming back from Italy.

As to the "how"...well....

South Korea, which had their first case within a day or two of the US, started mass producing PPE gear in Jan. They started mass producing testing kits in Jan. They put together a contact tracing program in Jan. Their leader told the populous about the dangers to come in Jan.

All of this should have happened here the same time, but it did not happen till late March or later.

The biggest thing he did wrong was being dishonest with the American people. The Govt knew how bad it was going to get. In early Feb the local VA closed a unit and undertook a 6 week construction project to turn it into a Negative Pressure area for the singular purpose of dealing with COVID patients. During this same time the same Govt was telling us it would be gone in a week or two. I remember laughing at how stupid they were for wasting this money on something that would be gone before they were done. Then my wife spent the next year and a half working in that unit dealing with COVID patients.

And 35 of those months under a Trump presidency had job growth of 142k or higher. Biden/Harris' "job growth" was nothing more than an employment bump thanks to a global pandemic ending. And after four years of Biden/Harris spending $7.2 trillion dollars, job growth has become mediocre to say the least.

1725636057096.png

A travel ban from China was useless as it had already spread around the globe. The first case in Missouri was a girl coming back from Italy.

As to the "how"...well....

South Korea, which had their first case within a day or two of the US, started mass producing PPE gear in Jan. They started mass producing testing kits in Jan. They put together a contact tracing program in Jan. Their leader told the populous about the dangers to come in Jan.

All of this should have happened here the same time, but it did not happen till late March or later.

The biggest thing he did wrong was being dishonest with the American people. The Govt knew how bad it was going to get. In early Feb the local VA closed a unit and undertook a 6 week construction project to turn it into a Negative Pressure area for the singular purpose of dealing with COVID patients. During this same time the same Govt was telling us it would be gone in a week or two. I remember laughing at how stupid they were for wasting this money on something that would be gone before they were done. Then my wife spent the next year and a half working in that unit dealing with COVID patients.
So the left fought to have MORE people coming in from the origin of the virus? Because Trump wanted to ban it?

Trump's biggest mistake during Covid was listening to Anthony Fauci. You know..."Saint Fauci"? The left's darling?

Trump was president. He, and only he, was responsible for the words that came out of his mouth.

Look, the bottom line is it won't matter why Trump left office with fewer jobs than when he started. You can make up all the silly excuses you want, but it won't matter. Trump and Hoover are the only ones on record to leave office with fewer jobs than when they started.

Do you think anybody cares that Hoover didn't cause the stock market to crash just 8 months after he was sworn on as president? Sure, Republicans back then probably posited that, but not any more. Not for many, many decades. There's no asterisk next to his name. There are no excuses. Just the numbers.

That's exactly how it will be for Trump. Right now, you want him elected. So you'll keep relying on that excuse. But still, on his watch as president, just like Hoover, they lost jobs on the job.

And 35 of those months under a Trump presidency had job growth of 142k or higher. Biden/Harris' "job growth" was nothing more than an employment bump thanks to a global pandemic ending. And after four years of Biden/Harris spending $7.2 trillion dollars, job growth has become mediocre to say the least.

View attachment 1007377

Job growth under Trump during most of his last year was also due to covid jobs coming back. Should we deduct those too from Trump's record? And Trump added $7.8 trillion to the debt to lose 2½ million jobs.

Trump was president. He, and only he, was responsible for the words that came out of his mouth.

Look, the bottom line is it won't matter why Trump left office with fewer jobs than when he started. You can make up all the silly excuses you want, but it won't matter. Trump and Hoover are the only ones on record to leave office with fewer jobs than when they started.

Do you think anybody cares that Hoover didn't cause the stock market to crash just 8 months after he was sworn on as president? Sure, Republicans back then probably posited that, but not any more. Not for many, many decades. There's no asterisk next to his name. There are no excuses. Just the numbers.

That's exactly how it will be for Trump. Right now, you want him elected. So you'll keep relying on that excuse. But still, on his watch as president, just like Hoover, they lost jobs on the job.
Covid is a "silly excuse"? That's a ridiculous statement, Faun. You and I both know that the "job losses" that you attribute to Trump were simply the result of the shut downs!

Forum List

Back